Fadaar

That guy
K12npIM_d.png

• 6Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Frieren has to be the most well written overpowered protagonist ever, probably one of the best written protagonists of any variety period. Like yeah she's absurdly powerful but she isn't perfect (i.e. Fern being a faster caster than her), socially awkward almost to the point of autism, and even when she does show off it's not extravagant. Like even her big flex moment against Aura was very calm and controlled but that restraint really magnifies the intensity of it, and she even admitted that she might have lost if Aura had stuck with her enslaved soldiers instead of resorting to the scales.

What a fantastic show.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Frieren has to be the most well written overpowered protagonist ever, probably one of the best written protagonists of any variety period. Like yeah she's absurdly powerful but she isn't perfect (i.e. Fern being a faster caster than her), socially awkward almost to the point of autism, and even when she does show off it's not extravagant. Like even her big flex moment against Aura was very calm and controlled but that restraint really magnifies the intensity of it, and she even admitted that she might have lost if Aura had stuck with her enslaved soldiers instead of resorting to the scales.

What a fantastic show.
The show just uses plot devices so fucking well

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Frieren is one of the best stories I've ever "watched". It happens to be an anime, and surprisingly doesn't really have any of the typical Japanese "fanfare" or perversion. It has some of that but it's incredibly muted and is used sparingly as comedic relief instead of being a central theme.

It might be the best anime I've seen, honestly.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Mashle is a close second though

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
This week's Frieren was some mind blowing shit again. Fucking love this show so much.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This week's Frieren was some mind blowing shit again. Fucking love this show so much.

I couldn’t wait so I ground up most of the manga last week. Got to chapter 104 and it’s fantastic all the way. Stopped because I’m too close to the end and the writer has slowed down to help ensure the anime is top notch. Honestly, it has no peer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I couldn’t wait so I ground up most of the manga last week. Got to chapter 104 and it’s fantastic all the way. Stopped because I’m too close to the end and the writer has slowed down to help ensure the anime is top notch. Honestly, it has no peer.
it gets even better...

anyway my wife just started (she was waiting to binge)

3rd result when she googled fern
b366dd65cb91bb86740c1576aaeea20b.png

• 2Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Based on all the ...recommendations ... 😋 I started fieren. Its damn good, fucking anime making me cry...Also binged apothecary diaries, it is very good too.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I haven't read the Manga yet, but I downloaded them for my daughter. I have up to chapter 117. But nothing since, and that came out in December.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I checked out Fieren and yea, its a good show. Cant believe an Anime has gotten this much attention across the internet. It deserves it, hands down. But there have been a few others that were really good and they never got the same foot traction as this show. Watched it all up to this weeks episode, and was disappointed that its a weekly release. Also binged out Solo Leveling while at work and that one, although more in line with typical anime, has been fun to watch too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Khane

I checked out Fieren and yea, its a good show. Cant believe an Anime has gotten this much attention across the internet. It is deserves it, hands down. But there have been a few others that were really good and they never got the same foot traction as this show. Watched it all up to this weeks episode, and was disappointed that its a weekly release. Also binged out Solo Leveling while at work and that one, although more in line with typical anime, has been fun to watch too.

Frieren does not have:

1) the weird harem shit
2) the weird sibling lust shit
3) the OP but clumsy protagonist that has never left their bedroom shit
4) the overtly annoying side character that is somehow supposed to teach the audience morality like a garbage Aaron Sorkin show shit
5) the really, really weird mom shit
6) the evil temptress that is supposed to be sexy shit
7) the overly submissive female bang maid weird shit
8) the child prodigy in middle school will save the world weird shit

The list could go on. Japanese culture is fucking psychotic. Frieren is a normal story that is well crafted and well written that is mostly devoid of traditional, insanely weird, Japanese "shit"

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Solo Leveling coming out weekly is the worst.

Solo Leveling is good fun, but I can't help but lol at the thought of the logistics involved in dragging a multi-thousand ton block of granite into the gym every morning so the company head can 'warm up' ;p

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
SLF is okay but still detached from it - Frieren is still great but my GOAT for this season will be Moonlit Fantasy -

1 - Frieren (for now)
2 - Moonlit Fantasy (Waiting on the crazy goddess to propel this to the mooooooon)
3 - Solo Leveling
4 - Gushing over Magical Girls (Dont judge me!)
5 - Sasaki and Peeps

Noteworthy - Unwanted Undead Adventurer, Weakest Tamer, Fluffy Paradise

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Solo Leveling is good fun, but I can't help but lol at the thought of the logistics involved in dragging a multi-thousand ton block of granite into the gym every morning so the company head can 'warm up' ;p
In a world of make believe magic and mutant powers - I just dont think it would be an issue. Some random E rank probably floats that shit in and gets paid a soul stone for it.

spronk

FPS noob
binged the rest of frieren this past 2 weeks, really great wish more anime was like that. that dungeon food anime on netflix is ok but a bit too goofy

anyways hope you didn't buy shit on funamation, i think western anime blurays had funimation redemption codes so those people are fucked lol. every day i give less and less a shit about pirating everything if this is how corpos view consumers

• 1Like