Winter 2024 Anime Thread

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ninja Kamui on Adult Swim is really good stuff. I watch it on my regular site, but it and Solo are feeding my violence enjoyment this season. Hearing Kenjiro Tsuda voice the protagonist is another plus.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Animation was cool but the sheer fucking stupidity of rushing headlong into an S-rank dungeon really soured things for me.
Makes perfect sense though. He just assumed it would be a S-rank, so he wanted to test himself, plus he had an escape plan.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I think the additional point was that not only are some of his abilities OP but his dagger is as well and he has a store that he can use during battle. All of those things together make it possible to beat things that otherwise would be impossible.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He's at least A rank already, with how easily he dispatched those C rankers, and maybe even close to S rank. And he's desperate to save his mother.

Not that far fetched for him to throw caution to the wind.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not saying it was dumb that he was able to beat the entry monster of an S-rank dungeon because that's typical for anime, I'm saying it was fucking retarded and out of character for him to take that kind of risk. They try and justify it because 'oh i can heal mom' but after basically having to go super-saiyan to beat a C-rank boss he's just like 'fuck it im trying out this S-rank'. He has no idea how rare that hearthstone is nor how rare those other consumables he wasted are.

and now i realize how nitpicky im being so never mind.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm not saying it was dumb that he was able to beat the entry monster of an S-rank dungeon because that's typical for anime, I'm saying it was fucking retarded and out of character for him to take that kind of risk. They try and justify it because 'oh i can heal mom' but after basically having to go super-saiyan to beat a C-rank boss he's just like 'fuck it im trying out this S-rank'. He has no idea how rare that hearthstone is nor how rare those other consumables he wasted are.

and now i realize how nitpicky im being so never mind.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I chalked this up to him being the one, or a one. I'm sure other folks will have the ability to level at some point.

I am super curious when the island that took out the S rank hunters is going to come into the picture. He seems to be gaining power at an incredibly rapid pace. I think he is going to need to spare with an S rank soon 'for fun' to demonstrate where he is at.

I haven't had a problem with him opening things up in public, using keys, etc. I hadn't even thought about it. It seemed in the 'only visible to him' category like the pop up screens.

I do want to see him level some other stats and see how it impacts his personality.

Overall, really enjoying this show. Down on his luck bro getting powers and doing epic things, I dig it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Ishura is still pretty good. It's like the anime version of malazan. Everyone is OP and I don't have any idea where it's going. They did my one char dirty this episode. Definitely didn't see that coming.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think this episode might be one of the best yet, just really well done... especially since it felt like only a few minutes passed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I think this episode might be one of the best yet, just really well done... especially since it felt like only a few minutes passed.
Frieren started like 2 minuted ago, dude. Time travel magic or some shit.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did Solo Leveling really do a recap episode at fucking ep 8?

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah,..i almost thought it was episode 1 i had hit by accident - talk about some bull shiiiiit
Well shit, I don't see how they will end the season where they should now. Three episodes isn't quite enough unless they skip something.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well shit, I don't see how they will end the season where they should now. Three episodes isn't quite enough unless they skip something.
Technically on CR that episode is not numbered at all - So not sure if that will count as episode 8 or not.