Winter 2024 Anime Thread

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Solo felt way to quick this week. I guess cause it felt like a lot of dialogue with the Class B, and they totally skipped the boss fight, tf. The ending of the dungeon in Frieren was a let down, too.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Solo felt way to quick this week. I guess cause it felt like a lot of dialogue with the Class B, and they totally skipped the boss fight, tf. The ending of the dungeon in Frieren was a let down, too.

Really? I thought it was good, secret frieren spell and all

Daidraco

Really? I thought it was good, secret frieren spell and all
The episode itself was good, as usual. I meant, like the final boss felt "womp womp" even though ... I know.. they said it was going to be weak in the previous episode.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly I though the FvF fight was some of the best stuff I've seen in anime, right up there with the Demon Slayer fights. Probably better since they didn't have power ups in the middle.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Probably better since they didn't have power ups in the middle.

Best part of frieren, no useless chanting, no "this isnt even my final form" anime tropes

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Best part of frieren, no useless chanting, no "this isnt even my final form" anime tropes

Yep, and she unleashes an unknown superpower when threatened that she probably used to take down the Demon King. Two more episodes left, and it will finish at a really good stopping point. Show is such a great watch every week and I'll miss it a lot. It helped make the last two seasons really strong.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno man I still get hyped for a good "not my final form" trope.

Also

sofarmeme.jpeg

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The ending of the dungeon in Frieren was a let down, too.
It was animated quite well, and all of the colors of the fight were pretty cool as well. Watching the early red death beams and floating blue or green bubbles. Just a very pretty show.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's just supposed to be a quick widow into her soul. Yeah, it's not funny.
It was the two dead mimics on the ground next to her stuck inside the third that made me lose it. The best thing about Frieren is how it steers away from almost all of the traditional anime tropes, but they dove headfirst into 'overpowered protagonist'. I love the way they undercut that with both comedic and serious flaws/vulnerabilities.

• 2Like

Daidraco

It was animated quite well, and all of the colors of the fight were pretty cool as well. Watching the early red death beams and floating blue or green bubbles. Just a very pretty show.
Reminded me of older games, like early Phantasy Star or Final Fantasy with the colors of Gravity spells.

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They cut some other stuff to. In the manga Jin finds one of the prisoners alive (vocal cords cut though) and feeds him to the goblins around the boss.

The only odd thing about this weeks Frieren was the expression of the clones face as she wtfowned Fern. I probably missed it, I don't recall any other clone showing an emotion.

• 2Like

Daidraco

You and I are not watching the same show.
I specified that I liked the episode and that the end boss was just a let down for me personally. Ill refrain from being vocal of my criticisms of the show from now on. 🌈
They cut some other stuff to. In the manga Jin finds one of the prisoners alive (vocal cords cut though) and feeds him to the goblins around the boss.

The only odd thing about this weeks Frieren was the expression of the clones face as she wtfowned Fern. I probably missed it, I don't recall any other clone showing an emotion.
I noticed that, too. Like it took pleasure in hurting Fern. Was that a hidden innuendo for the relationship they really have? Or something less deep?

Unwanted Undead Adventurer is basically the show form of what people wanted in that EverQuest event where you get to play as an NPC and attack other players. So Ive kind of enjoyed that so far. Did not enjoy Gush, at all, creepy pedo shit imo. Bravern reminds me of the old mech anime's. There was another anime a buddy of mine watched in his office that was like some super smart dude that went into an alternate universe that was medieval, but they still used big mechs to fight each other.. but magic was still a thing? 2017ish? But I cant recall what show it was to watch that and the dude has passed away since then so I cant ask. SLF .. I guess had a special recap episode this week?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

There was another anime a buddy of mine watched in his office that was like some super smart dude that went into an alternate universe that was medieval, but they still used big mechs to fight each other.. but magic was still a thing? 2017ish?

Sounds like Knights & Magic

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the expression of the clones face as she wtfowned Fern
Like it took pleasure in hurting Fern
The clone was shown with slightly narrowed eyes for the split second before the notaspell threw Fern back and then in the split second before Frieren destroyed her she was back to being expressionless. Even that tiny hint of an expression was more than any other clone showed that I saw (even Ubel's clone was :-| the entire time) but I think yall are seeing more than was actually there.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So when frieren said good job fern it's been 80 yrs since I used that spell.....she was talking about the notaspell that the clone casted right? Or am I tripping?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user