Witcher 3

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm probably 8ish hours in, in velen just met the bloody baron and did the ciri quest. I really enjoy this game when I can play, but a lot of this game so far is "travel here, kill these 3 guys that are mad at you being a Witcher, travel here, 30 minutes of dialog, travel here" . Hopefully the game opens up a bit more and I can just play

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Once you hit the teens your options open up, can bounce back between novigrad, velen, and maybe even a couple skellige quests if you want.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm probably 8ish hours in, in velen just met the bloody baron and did the ciri quest. I really enjoy this game when I can play, but a lot of this game so far is "travel here, kill these 3 guys that are mad at you being a Witcher, travel here, 30 minutes of dialog, travel here" . Hopefully the game opens up a bit more and I can just play
Pretty much the opposite experience. I finished up all of White Orchard, all the side quests and that took me longer than 8 hours probably when you include the random mob farming I did and general exploring.

Got to Velen and pretty much ignored the main quest line and just started wandering, checking the boards for the smaller notes that mark your map with PoI locations and don't give quests, while just checking that out, or seeing something in the distance and going for a look. Also enjoyed just roaming, seeing a monster I'd never seen before (my first Wyvern) and going in for a closer look and spanking it if I was able. Found some shit I couldn't touch, found some maps for Witcher school gear and got to work. Level 11 and I've just finished up the Baron's arc. Oh, did a fair bit of Gwent playing as well.

So, as far as I can see, the game is incredibly open, and directed when you want it to be. If you treat it like a themepark quester, then that's exactly what you'll get.

The Witcher 3 has a richer storyline (even in side quests) than Fallout 4, and it's a far better roaming experience than Skyrim. Really enjoying it.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The game is pretty linear. You can fool yourself for a little while running around the large, mostly empty world with copy and paste POI's but reality is the game is very linear. That isn't the strong suit.

If you're the type to skip dialogue then you bought the wrong game. The Witcher has always had an excellent story and that goes for some of the side shit quests as well. There is a some running around, sure, but if you're into the story you won't notice that as much. I wish the fast travel was a little better though and didn't require a signpost to initiate.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think there's a mod that enables fast travel w/o a sign post - There's a bunch of stuff on witcher nexus that removes the tedious stuff.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man who said I was skipping dialog? I was mostly hitting the main storyline because that's usually what I do. I'm not big on side quests unless they're on the way. I have a feeling I play games differently than most.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I recommend doing all the sidequests, even if you are overleveled, maybe even contracts and skipping PoIs unless you run into them. All the sidequests have a lot of story, some even tie to the main quests and the contracts can give you some background to the world too.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
At least do the witcher contracts. The rest is meh.

There are plenty of secondary quests that fill in the main line or are awesome. Novigrad was really the weakest area for me with a lot of running around and talk to her and her and her with nothing but verbal masturbation and no story advancement.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
People shit on Novigrad left and right but it's got motherfuckin Zoltan Chivay you bastards

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I really want to keep playing this game but I don't want to re-arrange my furniture to do so.

Khane

Well I'm a high roller so I have stadium seating and sit 100 feet away from my IMAX projection screen. You can just sit on a pile of clothes your wife refuses to pick up to get a better view.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Here you go Khane

rrr_img_122555.png

Khane

That chart is completely inconsequential in regard to my problem AMOD!!! The only thing I need to increase is the text size, everything else is beautiful!!!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Khane's no J49 - Maybe J49 can start doing let's plays of Witcher 3 featuring some of his girls, playing while they're high as a kite of course.

Khane

Finally moved a chair close enough to play. Just got through the first area and beat the griffin and thanks to the sacrifice of Noodle knew not to leave any quests unfinished. The controls in this game outside of combat are slightly infuriating. Trying to interact with objects and such is shit. Other than that enjoying it.

Question though, many people here were talking about what difficulty setting to play it on. I'm playing it on Death March and it doesn't seem bad at all, of course I'm not very far in. Am I in for a rude awakening soon?