Witcher 3

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm just fucking with Zaphid Zaphid ! I mean, I didn't know what he said, but it's been a year or whatever. Ain't nobody can get mad for saying something like that after a whole year.

Besides, it's the journey, not the end result, right... Right?!

Edit: I do have a question regarding mission boards. They seem to regen for me (no mods related to them). Is that normal? What happens if I stay in the first town and just do missions boards all day long?

Edit2: Man, I need to get a Steam Link (I know they were just on-sale) so I can play this on my TV with a controller. The movement controls, especially when on Roach are out of control bad. :(

Just plug in an xb1/360/DS4 controller, it'll remap the controls to the same as the systems. That's how I played.

Yes, that is normal with message boards, you can do them eternally if you want. If you want to keep it more challenging get the mod that regulates xp so the game remains difficult.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't worry, hopefully they make Cyberpunk 2077 even more badass and then there is Witcher 4.

I got about 3 more play throughs of W3 before then before I get bored.

I'll give Cyberpunk a shot, but I usually like fantasy stuff more than sci-fi stuff. I will keep an open mind because of the reputation of the developer, they deserve that.

In other news, yeah, I want to start a new playthrough. I'm thinking of doing it on the next higher difficulty, but I don't want to give up my Gwent deck.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just plug in an xb1/360/DS4 controller, it'll remap the controls to the same as the systems. That's how I played.

Yes, that is normal with message boards, you can do them eternally if you want. If you want to keep it more challenging get the mod that regulates xp so the game remains difficult.
Just figured out that you had to slot your skills you've put points into. I had 5 points into Alchemy, and didn't realize you had to move it over to one of the slots on the right hand side of the skill screen. Oops!

+25% potion duration should makes things much more manageable!

Edit: FFfffffffuuuuuu this game is hard, and I refuse to drop the difficulty! Put in like 6 hours tonight, and there's a good chance at least 50% of that was loading a save after a death. :( First the werewolf that I found out was 4 levels higher than me, hence why I couldn't beat his regen. Then the cave you get through to fight a Wild Hunt. Between the damn wraiths, the illusions, the gargoyle/golems. Damn! That was one HELL of a dungeon crawl!!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Just figured out that you had to slot your skills you've put points into. I had 5 points into Alchemy, and didn't realize you had to move it over to one of the slots on the right hand side of the skill screen. Oops!

Edit: FFfffffffuuuuuu this game is hard, and I refuse to drop the difficulty! Put in like 6 hours tonight, and there's a good chance at least 50% of that was loading a save after a death. :( First the werewolf that I found out was 4 levels higher than me, hence why I couldn't beat his regen. Then the cave you get through to fight a Wild Hunt. Between the damn wraiths, the illusions, the gargoyle/golems. Damn! That was one HELL of a dungeon crawl!!

That first werewolf is a motherfucker, make sure you're using the proper oil/bombs to slow/stop that regen. Once you get a few levels under your belt you'll have a better time with combat.

Also, your alchemy/crafting slots have no limit and do not add weight to your encumberdness (Proper word?) so pick up everything. What will fuck you are the trophies such as the griffin head. After you get a few start dropping them in your storage because most are just the same perks and add a ton of weight to your carry weight.

Evernothing

You like hard bosses? Just wait until you face Imlerith or The Caretaker.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Fuck Imlerith, took me forever to beat that asshole.
He wasn't that bad, just keep dodging. Still, he is by far the most satisfying boss to kill in the whole game. Those few lines when the fight is over were awesome, one of the moments where the game could end and I wouldn't even be mad.

But fuck Caretaker, that whole place was creepy as hell and not in a "oooh so scary" kind of way, more like "life is endless suffering and there is no way out"

Last edited:

Hekotat

He wasn't that bad, just keep dodging. Still, he is by far the most satisfying boss to kill in the whole game. Those few lines when the fight is over were awesome, one of the moments where the game could end and I wouldn't even be mad.

But fuck Caretaker, that whole place was creepy as hell and not in a "oooh so scary" kind of way, more like "life is endless suffering and there is no way out"

My problem was I had not stocked up on food and had like 2 potatoes and my last save was 2-6 hours earlier. I was completely fucked.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Sorry to ruin Witcher 4 guys, but CDPR confirmed they are DONE with Geralt . They are interested in a new Witcher Series in the same world but different characters and maybe a different time. But they wont ever be touching Geralt again.

IF this was EA I would assume they are lying and will cash grab later. But CDPR has morals, and they bleed for the franchise. When they plan to let Geralt retire, they mean it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Sorry to ruin Witcher 4 guys, but CDPR confirmed they are DONE with Geralt . They are interested in a new Witcher Series in the same world but different characters and maybe a different time. But they wont ever be touching Geralt again.

IF this was EA I would assume they are lying and will cash grab later. But CDPR has morals, and they bleed for the franchise. When they plan to let Geralt retire, they mean it.
Well they had to drag Geralt out of a grave to even make the first game, so anything is possible :< Still I'm pretty sure the studio is sick and tired of him since that was the only thing they were making for the last 10 years or so.

Crone

Guess the game didn't want me to go any further. Doing the Baron's quest, and had learned that Tamara was in Oxenfort, and so I had that quest, and also I could just go talk to the Baron about his family.

However, either option won't work. Looked up videos and stuff, and the Baron gives me no option to go visit Tamara, and doesn't give me a pass into the city. I go to Oxenfort on my own, and sneak into the city, and the dude isn't down stairs I'm supposed to talk to that says "I'll go get her".

Disabled all mods, and reloaded, and still same results. :(

Googled it quite a bit, and can't seem to find a fix.

Edit: Fast Travel from anywhere mod screwed me. Apparently with the quest, I was supposed to go outside the fisherman's hut, and it triggers a cut scene with the lubberkin ghost. I fast traveled straight from inside the fisherman's hut. So now I'm not sure if I can get back there manually , since I don't have a save anymore.

Edit2: Walked back to the hut and a cut-scene immediately triggered. Everything back on track now!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm completely fine with this. Geralt is a little bland IMO and there are such better characters in the Witcher universe. How cool would it be in Witcher 4 you could play a Mage or a Druid? Hmm maybe not as cool as a witcher but still, there are possibilities. Maybe companion system that doesn't suck?

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Guess the game didn't want me to go any further. Doing the Baron's quest, and had learned that Tamara was in Oxenfort, and so I had that quest, and also I could just go talk to the Baron about his family.

However, either option won't work. Looked up videos and stuff, and the Baron gives me no option to go visit Tamara, and doesn't give me a pass into the city. I go to Oxenfort on my own, and sneak into the city, and the dude isn't down stairs I'm supposed to talk to that says "I'll go get her".

Disabled all mods, and reloaded, and still same results. :(

Googled it quite a bit, and can't seem to find a fix.

Edit: Fast Travel from anywhere mod screwed me. Apparently with the quest, I was supposed to go outside the fisherman's hut, and it triggers a cut scene with the lubberkin ghost. I fast traveled straight from inside the fisherman's hut. So now I'm not sure if I can get back there manually , since I don't have a save anymore.

Edit2: Walked back to the hut and a cut-scene immediately triggered. Everything back on track now!

Ye, make sure to walk out of rooms etc. a bit before fast travelling to not miss triggers. Enjoy the Red Baron story. It was one of the best I experienced in a computer game.

• 1Solidarity

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'd gladly play as Letho of Gulet.

I have complete faith in CDPR to do another main character as compelling as Geralt.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Glad you guys started bumping this thread, forgot I didn't finish game last year. Are the level of creatures affected by my level when I first travel to an area? In other words does it mess up your game to explore around randomly?

Hekotat

Glad you guys started bumping this thread, forgot I didn't finish game last year. Are the level of creatures affected by my level when I first travel to an area? In other words does it mess up your game to explore around randomly?

It doesn't mess up your game but you will know if you are out of your range quickly. The oddest part is most of the quests you get at the beginning of the game start at level 15-30, so you will be doing a lot of exploring at first.

• 1Like