Witcher 3

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i despised the combat and movement in witcher 2 and quit after like 2-3 hours, i really enjoyed W3 after a while, didn't really need any story from W1 or W2 to follow along. It did take me a good 5-10 hours before it all suddenly just clicked, so i dunno if that will be a hurdle for you.

that said i'm not sure a 660 is gonna be great to run it on, i imagine you'll have to downgrade a lot to even get 30 fps. may just wanna wait until you do your next upgrade cycle, its been 2 years now another year or two isn't gonna make a huge diff

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I can agree with the comments above, very few games keep my interest these days. This and the Tomb Raider series hooked me, I usually quit games after a few hours in.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Is this game worth picking up if you found the combat in the second game kinda boring? It was boring in the first game too, I have no idea how I powered through that one, but I just couldn't keep playing the second.

Also, my computer is a potato(660 GTX) and I'm not sure I want to buy a game I'm on the fence if it's just going to make my computer cry.

Combat is better than those yes. Story is where the game shines though.

As for the computer, can buy it on Steam to see if you can run it. If it runs so bad you can't see yourself playing it, refund it.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I'm probably 85% done with the story, but am spending a lot of time exploring right now.. Haven't even looked at the DLC yet..

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Finished it.. Got the shitty ending. Playing through the DLC now, and then I'm going to play it again. Says a lot about how engaging it all is.. Going to play Horizon Zero Dawn again too. These two are easily the best games to come out in 5 years IMO.

• 1Solidarity

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
They should def make a new game in the same universe with Ciri or other Characters as the leads, way too great of an engine and game for them to not make another game in it. Don't waste those assets!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Crone Crone , Did this game continue to hold your attention?

yes, this game owns and I'm really excited for Cyberpunk. They could just use the same engine and world and make it Cyber related and I'd be okay with it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crone Crone , Did this game continue to hold your attention?

yes, this game owns and I'm really excited for Cyberpunk. They could just use the same engine and world and make it Cyber related and I'd be okay with it.
Not sure how I missed this. So I had put 35 hours into W3 before the new EQ progression server released, and so I was distracted with that. However, I'm going to be coming back to this, as just last week I finally got my Steam Link that I had ordered on the Steam Summer sale! Already tested it out, and it looks fucking gorgeous on my TV, with basically 0 lag. Can't wait to put another 40 hours into this and see all the content!

• 1Solidarity

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
He set out to merge these oldass threads for no reason

That piece a shit
You should be more mad at the shits who started triplicate threads without searching first!

I searched for the game and got 3 results.

An orderly forum is a happy forum.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
....So I had put 35 hours into W3 before the new EQ progression server released.......Can't wait to put another 40 hours into this and see all the content!

youre_serious_futurama.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've been listening to the Witcher novels on audiobook and finally felt compelled enough to return to the game and beat the expansions (I beat the vanilla game within a few weeks of it releasing in 2015).

I just finished Hearts of Stone tonight but have yet to even begin the next expansion pack. HoS was really good, from beginning to end. It almost makes me wish the rest of the game were a little more constrained and on rails.

If any of you have been delaying jumping back in to play through the expansions, do yourself a favor and bump the Witcher 3 to the top of your backlog. You won't be disappointed.

• 1Solidarity

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I've had this game for like... ever? And I'm still only level 10 and I can't imagine I'm more than 5% into the game.

Let's just say the first few hours were boring as dick and I repeatedly just stopped playing (hi Bloodborne, DS3, HZD, etc.).

Now the combat is at least engaging, but I keep getting sidetracked on contracts, secondary quests, all the god damn ? marks all over the map, etc.

Do I have ADD? Am I retarded? Is this the same experience everyone had?

Also, is alchemy the strongest tree? I was thinking of pumping points into it after I get uh... Whirl?