Witcher 3

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm completely fine with this. Geralt is a little bland IMO and there are such better characters in the Witcher universe. How cool would it be in Witcher 4 you could play a Mage or a Druid? Hmm maybe not as cool as a witcher but still, there are possibilities. Maybe companion system that doesn't suck?

I would have played the entire game as the ghost-cossack in Hearts of Stone. That dude was a stud.

EDIT: Or even as his brother, and just swagger around and beat the shit out of people with my supernatural sword skills.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Holy fuck, keyboard+mouse shouldn't even be an option for this game.

I spent the first 10 hours with that shit thinking that these developers had aids of the brain, only to switch to controller and find out they only have gonorrhea of the brain.

Seriously, I love this game so far but the controls are shit. They should hire the dudes who coded the controls for Dark Souls and Bloodborne and call it a day.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'm completely fine with this. Geralt is a little bland IMO and there are such better characters in the Witcher universe. How cool would it be in Witcher 4 you could play a Mage or a Druid? Hmm maybe not as cool as a witcher but still, there are possibilities. Maybe companion system that doesn't suck?
Yeah, if it isn't Geralt or Ciri, then I'd want them to approach the Witcher World from a non-witcher angle. Playing a sorcerer would be cool, and should feel very different from Geralt, both in mechanics and content.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They obviously have some talented writers and developers, I think they would put out a great game in the action rpg genre no matter the setting.

If they branch out to a different genre it's less certain, but I would bet it would still be good

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So interesting thing started to happen right at around 30 hours played. I'm just level 8, and I beat my first werewolf, and my interest is waning, because I had built up so much behind getting good enough to beat a Werewolf. When I was level 3, I had the quest to beat one in the cave and I tried it at least 30 times before moving on to come back later. That solidified them as my big goal. Gotta git gud to beat a Werewolf.

This happens for me though, and just need to find another goal to achieve. In EQ, on Phinigel server when Kunark dropped, I was so focused on hitting max level (60), that when I hit it, I instantly stopped playing burnt out.

I don't want that to happen to Witcher, because I want to finish the story and also play the DLCs that are supposed to be even better!

What's my next goal bros?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The story isn't intriguing enough? I just had to know what was going to happen next as well as exploring the world, that was my favorite part.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait till the Crones... Crone.

Seriously that's when I was like, holy shit this game is super fucked up.

But seriously at least unlock the other map. You think this game is huge, wait until you get to Skellige. They could've easily stopped at the first map with the city, but nope, they were like we need to show everyone else in the industry what actual content looks like.

If you are somebody who gets side tracked too easily then I recommend skipping the ? on the map and only doing Witcher contracts. That is if you are feeling your interest waning.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

The story isn't intriguing enough? I just had to know what was going to happen next as well as exploring the world, that was my favorite part.

Wait till the Crones... Crone.

Seriously that's when I was like, holy shit this game is super fucked up.

But seriously at least unlock the other map. You think this game is huge, wait until you get to Skellige. They could've easily stopped at the first map with the city, but nope, they were like we need to show everyone else in the industry what actual content looks like.

If you are somebody who gets side tracked too easily then I recommend skipping the ? on the map and only doing Witcher contracts. That is if you are feeling your interest waning.
And then I progressed the story where I met Triss for the first time in Novigrad, and I'm back hooked on the story! Also have the Baron right at Dawn whatever, about ready to charge in after the Crones.

Looks like I'm at a couple very neat parts.

Also changed my build from full Alchemy, to full Signs. Igni's burn effect is basically what has let me do a lot more things since it's a sweet stun!

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea Signs are amazing early game, but fall off toward 30. I suggest transitioning to a hybrid Alch/Combat build around then if you are just trying to ROFLSTOMP everything. But really, just choose the build you have most fun playing.

Also, with the mind control sign, forget it's name, you can easily take on groups of level 30 with some finesse.

I think I switched from signs because Gargoyles and Elementals really gave me a hard time, since a lot of your damage either comes from 1 hit KOs or burning, I couldn't really find a good way to deal with those with signs.

Crone

Yea Signs are amazing early game, but fall off toward 30. I suggest transitioning to a hybrid Alch/Combat build around then if you are just trying to ROFLSTOMP everything. But really, just choose the build you have most fun playing.

Also, with the mind control sign, forget it's name, you can easily take on groups of level 30 with some finesse.

I think I switched from signs because Gargoyles and Elementals really gave me a hard time, since a lot of your damage either comes from 1 hit KOs or burning, I couldn't really find a good way to deal with those with signs.
Yea, whipping around being all fast in combat is something I like. Being a ninja type. So I'll probably switch to a heavy combat build with Alchemy thrown in for the sweet mutagems and stuff.

And lol, I'm so passive aggressive.... tell the godling that she can stay in the house, just leave Corinne alone, only to tell the banker. Hey, not my problem now!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I never finished this - and now have ended up with a fresh new game and just got to the bloody baron and seeing some really cool shit I never saw before. Playing on Steam Link even though I own it for PS4 as well - game runs like a champ. It's fantastic. And now I am hooked again, so I am going to beat the main game this time around. I made it to Skellige last time. About how far into the main story is that?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I did everything but the Gwent tournaments because I couldn't remember the mechanics and got more than my money's worth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I spent around 60 hours at least on the main game. Then about 15 or more on Heart of Stone. Then I did a new Game plus anad was about 30 hours in, then Blood and wine came out and I couldnt do that content on my New Game + so I picked up where I defeated HOS and beat that. about 25 hours of BAW. Now Its been awhile, 10-11 months of no witcher and I think I might just pick up my new game plus again and play that. Was super high level and was working through Novigrad as fast as I could story wise to unlock Skellige. Did a ton of walking around too.

Between the 2 games ( Regualr and +) I have been to every part of the main map, as well as Toussaint. Every marker. I did alot of Skellige in my original game but want to go back there and do it all over. I dont remember a ton of the main quest stories on Skellige ( Think I played with booze a few nights in a row and forgot. ) plus I fucked up and didnt do t he Last Wish. So i need to fire this back up.

Blows my mind that its two years old and that Its been about 10-11 months since I beat Blood and wine. Feels like yesterday. Cannot believe that game had the life it did. I had to rush to beat it before HOS released.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I started doing more exploration this time around - Treasure hunts - then started just going to random places and there is a LOT of rewards that are useful when you do that early on. I am only level 7 right now and just finishing up Bloody Baron, have the Witches next.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is this game worth picking up if you found the combat in the second game kinda boring? It was boring in the first game too, I have no idea how I powered through that one, but I just couldn't keep playing the second.

Also, my computer is a potato(660 GTX) and I'm not sure I want to buy a game I'm on the fence if it's just going to make my computer cry.