Witcher 3

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I still haven't gotten to the DLC. I had to pry myself away to play HZD and GoW. And now I'm on Nioh. Nioh is a serious time investment though with the lack of save ability whenever you want. So I might play some Witcher 3 for an hour or two here and there.

This is me right now, I just beat God of War and I bought H:ZD for twenty bucks and even spent the money on the Future Press guide for H:ZD. I am going to try to get back into Nioh after I finish H:ZD, I played a little bit of it when I first bought it but put it down. Also, after purchasing the Future Press guide for Bloodborne I was blown away by the quality of the guides and just buy them now for the novelty as well as using them.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
For anyone whom still hasn't bought this, Steam has it on sale right now. GOTY edition for like 19 which includes all DLC, the DLC is also on sale if you have the base game.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I feel like CDPR could just churn out a DLC once a year to keep adding on to the base game, each DLC having harder monsters, new quests, raised level cap kinda like EQ expansions. Game is awesome, doesnt look dated at all, they could keep milking this cow for another 5 years

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like CDPR could just churn out a DLC once a year to keep adding on to the base game, each DLC having harder monsters, new quests, raised level cap kinda like EQ expansions. Game is awesome, doesnt look dated at all, they could keep milking this cow for another 5 years
That's like they did for GTA5 I feel. They stopped making new games and just focus on the one.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any recommended addons or tips for a first play through? I used a no weight mod in Witcher 2 and thought that was a good change, but maybe (hopefully) that isn’t as big of an issue in the 3rd game.

I’m not typically the type to play through a game multiple times so “saving mods for a second play through” not much of a concern for me.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Any recommended addons or tips for a first play through? I used a no weight mod in Witcher 2 and thought that was a good change, but maybe (hopefully) that isn’t as big of an issue in the 3rd game.

I’m not typically the type to play through a game multiple times so “saving mods for a second play through” not much of a concern for me.

No fall damage was a must-have for me. I also modded out gear repair as I didn't care for how the game handled it. AOE looting & auto-apply oils were handy as well.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Definitely get a no weight mod, also if you're playing on a controller check out some of the alternative layout mods - quick casting especially, so you don't spend half of your ingame time in slow-motion radial menus.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

any high res texture mods, low weight and no fall damage. I like the vanilla game-play so I'd rather not fuck with anything else.

I thought about doing some of the auto-apply oil mods but decided against it since combat gets kind of easy after you start getting a hang of the game.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I've had this in my library forever, but just could not get into witcher 2. However I am tempted to still try it, due to all the positive reviews and recent discussion here. Should i play through W2 first? Or will it be fine jumping into it?

Also, if i didnt like W2 enough, will that not be fixed in W3? or is W3 that much better?

Goonsquad Officer
i skipped 2 entirely. for whatever reason i never got it, and i wanted to play a (non horrible) open world game after playing some skyrims and some falloutses and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

maybe watch a lore video about witcher 2 then prepare your body for the good version of an open world game.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I only played the first and third. The second isn't necessary but you do get a greater connection to some characters I bet.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Get an xp reduction mod. You won't outlevel everything too fast and therefore will make combat more fun.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've had this in my library forever, but just could not get into witcher 2. However I am tempted to still try it, due to all the positive reviews and recent discussion here. Should i play through W2 first? Or will it be fine jumping into it?

Also, if i didnt like W2 enough, will that not be fixed in W3? or is W3 that much better?

I played 2 but not 1. Found 2 pretty short overall and 3 is waaaaay better.

I love the fast travel from anywhere mod.

That will break some quests.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I played 2 but not 1. Found 2 pretty short overall and 3 is waaaaay better.

That will break some quests.
It will, and found out. If you fast travel too fast after you complete a quest. Only happened once though, and am on the lookout for it now.

Hekotat

What was the name of the XP mod you guys recommended to keep from outleveling areas? I'm having issues finding it.

Hekotat

If you're doing a replay anytime soon I highly recommend the HD mod, holy shit it's good.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I never thought about modding this game. I only ever modded Bethesda games because they need it for the games to be enjoyable. Might look into some of those when I dive back into the DLC. Which might be soon because I'm a pansy and Nioh might be too hard for me. Spend an hour clearing your way to a boss fight just so you can get one-shot? How is this enjoyable for anyone?

• 1Solidarity