Witcher 3

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Guys, I am 5 hours in and have not even gone to the guard tower (2nd step in the main quest) in lieu of just running around and doing shit at the points of interest. The quests about the Noonwraith at the well and the brother lost at the battle were better stories with better writing the the entire premise of any games I've played in the last year or more. Nuance wins again!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Guys, I am 5 hours in and have not even gone to the guard tower (2nd step in the main quest) in lieu of just running around and doing shit at the points of interest. The quests about the Noonwraith at the well and the brother lost at the battle were better stories with better writing the the entire premise of any games I've played in the last year or more. Nuance wins again!

Wait until you get to the "DLC" and see just how big the dick is that CDPR slapped in the face of the rest of the industry.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm still in shock people are just now getting around to this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I still haven't gotten to the DLC. I had to pry myself away to play HZD and GoW. And now I'm on Nioh. Nioh is a serious time investment though with the lack of save ability whenever you want. So I might play some Witcher 3 for an hour or two here and there.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The two DLC combined take about as long as the main game, and are individually better than 90% of games ever made. They are not to be missed if you like W3 at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've got 45ish hours in but I havent played in ages. My problem is I go back and forth through grindy game phases and SP/story game phases. With BFA out I'll be grinding in that for awhile. My goal is to just beat this before Cyberpunk releases.

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Okay, so who else aside from me has started this game, put about twenty hours in, stopped playing for a long time, then restarted. And rinse and repeat about four times.

I feel like I’ve got up to saving that demon baby part half a dozen times now then always get distracted.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

Okay, so who else aside from me has started this game, put about twenty hours in, stopped playing for a long time, then restarted. And rinse and repeat about four times.

I feel like I’ve got up to saving that demon baby part half a dozen times now then always get distracted.

I had the same issues twice then changed up h ow I played. Do a main story mission then a few side missions and back and forth. That kept it interesting for me and provided the interest to keep going.

Trying to do everything on the map became tedious.

• 1Like

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had similar issues, honestly. It took me like a year to get to Novigrad. Shortly thereafter something clicked for me and I realized I was playing what might be the best game I've ever played. Started over as I needed a plot refresher and beat the whole thing + all sidequests I found + all dlc very quickly.

Funny thing is if you ask most people, that clicking moment for me (Novigrad section, Get Junior main quest if I recall) is kinda the nadir of the game. Regardless, Skellige shortly thereafter is just stunning.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've got 45 hours into the game, and just did the 3 witches quest.

I thought I was doing alright, but realized I just have so much stuff to do. I need to start focusing back on the story missions, kinda like you have to do with Farcry 5. Wanna really finish it up.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You can save yourself a lot of time by not falling into the point of interest trap. The majority of them are just filler. Worth doing if you're passing by, but not really worth going out of your way for except for locations of power and so on.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Araysar Araysar sounds like you love the game. I hope you can find it in yourself to at least play Witcher 2. It’s so good and after playing W3 you’ll be like “oh no shit that’s who that was etc” the entire way through. It was great.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Araysar Araysar sounds like you love the game. I hope you can find it in yourself to at least play Witcher 2. It’s so good and after playing W3 you’ll be like “oh no shit that’s who that was etc” the entire way through. It was great.

I played and beat witcher 2 a few years back. Played the roche storyline from what i remember

• 1Like

Hekotat

How the hell do you download the dlc on steam? I purchased it but it says not installed.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it ready for next weekend.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
How the hell do you download the dlc on steam? I purchased it but it says not installed.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it ready for next weekend.

Should automatically install if you have it, but if not you can try to right click the game, select "Properties" then click the "DLC" tab. Can tag/untag DLC you want to install there.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Cyberpunk hype and my vacation starts Friday so I'm trying to prep for beating the DLC.
I’d recommend doing them in the order they were released - Hearts of Stone then Blood and Wine. If you don’t have an old save I think they can both be played standalone by selecting them on the title screen. I’m not 100% sure how it works.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Gotta play the Iorveth line, Zoltan and his friends alone are worth it

I dont like Zoltan and all those other faggots. Maybe I played the Iorvath line too - i dont remember