Witcher 3

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I put in over 100 hours on console when it came out but never bought the DLC. Since then I treated myself to a nice gaming PC so I am keeping the full replay with DLC in my back pocket just to have something to look forward to one day. Can't wait to finally seks Triss and tell that lilac and gooseberried trollop to take a hike.
You’re in for a real treat with the DLC. They’re better than most stand alone RPGs lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hearts of stone alone by itself is better than most full release games out there. It's arguably the best written part of the entire franchise and it's a expansion to this game. I can't think of higher praise than that.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah, and plus when you start this game, you know you're going to put 50-100 hours into it... so it's a big commitment, even if it is very good.
I received an email from Sony with my 2018 gaming statistics. My Witcher 3 play time is currently at 205 hours! And I'm still not done -- with the original content -- not counting the expansions!!!1

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wow that's serious. I think I finished the original at almost exactly 100 hours. Like 104 or something.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm about 40 hours in and I'm getting really fucking tired of guardsman dropping ass in Geralts face while he's meditating!! One thing I haven't seen mentioned from the part of the thread I've read is the facial animations. Most games the character talks and just sits there idle when not talking. Geralts face is constantly twitching and moving even when he isn't talking. It's subtle but looks awesome.
Definitely not going to wait a few years for Cyberpunk. Day 1 for damn sure. Haven't been this excited about a single player game in over a decade easy.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now almost done with the main story line. THE FEEEEEEEEEEELS.

I look forward to your rageposts when you don't get the ending you wanted and realize that it was a couple completely random ass things throughout the main story that seemed completely fucking trivial at the time but actually dictate the ending.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I got the worst ending and after reading about the choices that resulted in that outcome I was definitely WTF.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I look forward to your rageposts when you don't get the ending you wanted and realize that it was a couple completely random ass things throughout the main story that seemed completely fucking trivial at the time but actually dictate the ending.

I actually don't mind that shit anymore because I can YouTube the other endings. Then I pick which one I think is the correct end to the story.

• 1Solidarity

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah I got the worst ending and after reading about the choices that resulted in that outcome I was definitely WTF.
That's one of the reasons I went with a walk-through. Their are choices you make which aren't immediately clear how it'll impact things.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

thats-life-28253828.png

• 2Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I actually don't mind that shit anymore because I can YouTube the other endings. Then I pick which one I think is the correct end to the story.
I used to be way more anal about getting the “best” endings, but YouTube greatly diminished my compulsion for completionism. I feel very similar satisfaction seeing it in a video so long as I finished the game firsthand.

• 2Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
All the bumps this thread has received lately has made me boot up a fresh run through to finally do blood and wine. RIP my free time. Doing an alchemy heavy run this time with lots of bombs and sign usage since my original play through that made it through hearts of stone was your stock fast attack whirl build. Also using that guide that was linked a while back for completions sake up until Blood and Wine because I already know the main story beats. I can't believe how much shit I missed the first time around.

edit: Damn CDPR is a company that does it right. I guess since I first played it they've released 16 additional freeLC quests for the game that are about four to five hours of content. Who even does that anymore.

• 2Like

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
The thing that got me with the ending-defining moments was that the "right" picks just really seemed to be CDPR's opinion of good parenting or being a good friend. Most of them are also highly ambiguous in how they actually would lead to the development of certain behaviour in characters that ultimately leads to one ending or another.

The one where you have to choose whether you accompany Siri to the sorceresses or let her go alone is one example. I figured that I would show Siri that I'll always have her back and she won't have to feel alone, because up till then that is very much how her fears came across to me. Turns out the right answer apparently was to let her go in there alone so she could learn to fend for herself. I can see their reasoning behind the right choice, as you could argue it sets her up as a stronger individual that can also handle herself when Geralt is no longer there. I actually found it kind of confrontational on a personal level as it got me thinking about how my choices are a product of my personality.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
I've owned it for a year but haven't installed it. The older I get, the less time for gaming I have and the bigger my Steam backlog grows. If current trends hold, I'll be playing 2018 games about when my kids hit high school.

same, and i don't even have any kids

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Crone

OHhhh they for sure as shit didn't just do that to Priscilla!!!!

THEY WILL PAY!

• 2Solidarity

Crone

60 hours in, and just got to Skellige. This game has legs baby!!

I get so immersed in the story when I actually play it for longer stretches. This is so damn good.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users