Witcher 3

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’ve started this game like six times and I feel like I’ve finished that demon baby quest every time then never finished much past that. It’s weird because I really like the game I just always stop playing it. Gotta buckle down some day and actually go through it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That kind of makes sense in a way. That story arc is really well done, and it feels like the ending of a game long story line. You can kind of lose sight of the story at large while doing that series.

spronk

FPS noob
I’ve started this game like six times and I feel like I’ve finished that demon baby quest every time then never finished much past that. It’s weird because I really like the game I just always stop playing it. Gotta buckle down some day and actually go through it.

it took me like 8 months to get past the Baron quest, i was always distracted and ran off and did other shit and got bored. at some point it clicked though and i just played nightly for like 2 months. I still haven't finished the last DLC, cuz i kinda want to always have more Witcher 3

while the switch version is definitely not THE one to play, it might be kinda cool to play portably when traveling or w/e. can just imagine the looks on the plane though

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I had the same issue.. When I first picked W3 up I played through to the baron, did most of his questline.. then stopped. i kept coming back every few months, playing a couple of hours of side quests, losing interest.. then one time i came back and pushed into Novigrad far enough to progress the main story line, and i was fully hooked after that and binged all the way through the game and both DLC.

Noah

Molten Core Raider
i find myself irritated at combat targeting (particularly multiple opponents) and little things like turn radius and trying to get out of water sometimes, but the main story on the game and both dlc are absolutely worth watching - they do a fantastic job of storytelling

also you can hit up nexus mods and get mods for this game, but if you do so i HIGHLY recommend getting the mod limit fix - i ran into issues with very few mods installed which were resolved by the mod limit fix

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's similar to something like skyrim where there's SO much to do. and with witcher all the side content stuff is so well done that by hour 150 your stamina starts to wear thin... then you realize you haven't even gotten to skellige yet... you need a break, just to recharge... but by the time you recharge you've been away long enough (even if it's only a few days) that the pull to do just one more thing doesn't quite have you anymore. so 6 months down the road you're like... i need to finish that game! so you turn it on and you have NO idea where you are, NO idea what's going on, NO idea how to play anymore... so you start over and the cycle refreshes anew.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why'd those nilfgaardians have to kill that happy griffin couple and smash their eggs?

Finally playing this after buying it long ago.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
it's similar to something like skyrim where there's SO much to do. and with witcher all the side content stuff is so well done that by hour 150 your stamina starts to wear thin... then you realize you haven't even gotten to skellige yet... you need a break, just to recharge... but by the time you recharge you've been away long enough (even if it's only a few days) that the pull to do just one more thing doesn't quite have you anymore. so 6 months down the road you're like... i need to finish that game! so you turn it on and you have NO idea where you are, NO idea what's going on, NO idea how to play anymore... so you start over and the cycle refreshes anew.

I have this problem in a lot of games. When I take a break, I go away too long, come back and have ZERO idea what i'm doing and where I was going, etc. So end up restarting the game and the process all over again.

edit: Fanaskin let me realize I didn't read to the end, or maybe I did and just didn't process it well enough to realize you said the same thing I was thinking and like the games, I had to re-read it from the beginning to realize it.

• 1Solidarity

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>

I read this to the end and I also currently am in that cycle.

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Skellige is full of question marks and I'm lvl 25 debating if I should finish all my question marks first or push the story line (collecting brothers in arms currently for Kaer Morhen).

I should set up Chrome Remote Desktop.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Skellige is full of question marks and I'm lvl 25 debating if I should finish all my question marks first or push the story line (collecting brothers in arms currently for Kaer Morhen).

Skellige is a trap when it comes to the POI's. Just do the main quest and the side quests, don't go exploring.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Check a map on the internet for relevant poi. Most are just a waste of time for a smuggler cache with a few useless items. You will waste a lot of time on the rowboat if you want to do them all.

Randin

Trakanon Raider

I say this as a serial completionist who hit every PoI in Witcher 3 back in the day:

Skip the Skellige PoIs that are in the ocean. All of them. All they are is underwater chests with random bullshit inside guarded by sirens; nothing that makes the time and effort remotely worthwhile.