Witcher 3

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Just finished Heart of Stone for the first time and people weren't kidding. Other companies WISH they could touch this kind of writing.

If only someone could put together like old blizz polish, maybe shadows of mordor type systems, and this games writing and presentation. Too much to dream for since apparently you have to be a Polish dev studio to write mature fantasy these days not infested with sjw bullshit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just finished Heart of Stone for the first time and people weren't kidding. Other companies WISH they could touch this kind of writing.

If only someone could put together like old blizz polish, maybe shadows of mordor type systems, and this games writing and presentation. Too much to dream for since apparently you have to be a Polish dev studio to write mature fantasy these days not infested with sjw bullshit.

Which is super ironic since Yen, Triss, and Ciri are three of the 'strongest' women characters in all of gaming history.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At first I was all like TEAM TRISS, but then I got to Skellige and Yen was all like Hey Baby, so I switched over. Now I'm all confused, but at least satisfied.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
At first I was all like TEAM TRISS, but then I got to Skellige and Yen was all like Hey Baby, so I switched over. Now I'm all confused, but at least satisfied.

Nothing could possibly go wrong if you just romance them both.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm just getting old and/or my tastes are changing. I just cannot get into this game. I tried and failed with Witcher 2 as well. Somehow powered through 1.

I'm not saying the writing is bad, but if I want a narrative, I'm not going to play a video game. I'll go watch a movie or tv series, or read a book. Compared to how stories can be told in those mediums, Witcher 3 feels amateurish.

I'm not saying the gameplay is bad, but I don't feel like there's anything for me sink my teeth into and wrap my head around. For anyone that plays PoE, I probably spend half my time in PoB, planning and tweaking character builds.

Bah, just kinda ranting, sorry. I took this whole week off, intending to tackle part of my back log between PoE leagues and instead I just putz around on youtube. Fallout, Deus Ex, Witcher, I used to love these types of games and yet I've tried their latest incarnations and they feel uninspiring.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I'm just getting old and/or my tastes are changing. I just cannot get into this game. I tried and failed with Witcher 2 as well. Somehow powered through 1.

I'm not saying the writing is bad, but if I want a narrative, I'm not going to play a video game. I'll go watch a movie or tv series, or read a book. Compared to how stories can be told in those mediums, Witcher 3 feels amateurish.

I'm not saying the gameplay is bad, but I don't feel like there's anything for me sink my teeth into and wrap my head around. For anyone that plays PoE, I probably spend half my time in PoB, planning and tweaking character builds.

Bah, just kinda ranting, sorry. I took this whole week off, intending to tackle part of my back log between PoE leagues and instead I just putz around on youtube. Fallout, Deus Ex, Witcher, I used to love these types of games and yet I've tried their latest incarnations and they feel uninspiring.

Yea you really have to be in the mood to appreciate a narrative type game now a days. It's not like the old days where narrative was all you had in between your 3 months of trying out a new game. With that said Witcher 3 narrative is among the best. Throne simulator with interesting characters and amazing world building. But if you can't get into narrative type of game then you're doomed to not enjoy yourself from the start.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I had a lot of trouble getting into it as well as I didn't like the combat or core gameplay. I eventually just cranked the difficulty down and focused on the story and immersing myself into the world design. It clicked for me at that point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Does this game support HDR on pc? I guess there is no in game option but of course you can turn on Windows 10 HDR, looks like shit though so I'd guess the answer is no.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I had a lot of trouble getting into it as well as I didn't like the combat or core gameplay. I eventually just cranked the difficulty down and focused on the story and immersing myself into the world design. It clicked for me at that point.
Yeah, I was pretty far into the game (maybe Novigrad?) until I realized I had been pulled in. It was a struggle for some reason up until that point.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Does this game support HDR on pc? I guess there is no in game option but of course you can turn on Windows 10 HDR, looks like shit though so I'd guess the answer is no.

It doesn't, and the windows setting is pointless as anything that does support HDR will enable it in its own instance (full screen) and everything else is designed for SDR which gets washed out in HDR

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Maybe I'll try this. It's always mentioned as a great game. I bought it and never got far. Same with Divinity Original Sin 2 but now I'm very into that one. Once I'm done there I'll try Witcher 3 again.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This game isn't difficult, just keep your gear current, put oils on, and instead of rolling around like a retard all the time (I think this was @a_skeleton_03 's main gripe) use the dodge button instead, that way you gain back your stamina and are in a position to counter attack quickly. Roll only when you need to get away.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This game isn't difficult, just keep your gear current, put oils on, and instead of rolling around like a retard all the time (I think this was @a_skeleton_03 's main gripe) use the dodge button instead, that way you gain back your stamina and are in a position to counter attack quickly. Roll only when you need to get away.
Yeah don't love the gameplay in any of the Witcher games but I legit paid for all of them because I care that they are making awesome games.

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have that problem in that I dodge way too little and roll way too much. I don't mind it though!

I'm currently in another "break" from the game. I tend to go in 20 hour binges where I love it but then don't play again for a while. Probably get back into it after the wife beats Zelda and she's back into it on ps4.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just finished Blood & Wine today and decided I am done. 121 hours and change. Cyberpunk 2077 is a day one, full price purchase and I can only dream that the story is 50% as good as each main quest story in Witcher 3.

I was going to try and finish all quests and POIs until I entered the B&W Gwent tourney that makes you hunt for and play 24 matches for the 24 new cards. After just finishing the 15 POI quest for the ducal treasury I just said fuck it.

Still one of the 3 best games I've ever played.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rude

Potato del Grande
This. The only time you really want to roll around is against big monsters (like the gryphon). Everything else you should typically be able to dodge. Wouldn't even bother blocking attacks unless it's against humans.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I picked up this game again a while ago. Last save was from exactly a year ago (23 september or so), and I got right back into it.

Got to Kaer Morhen and I think I'm going to finish the main storyline soon. We're preparing for a big fight bois.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I picked up this game again a while ago. Last save was from exactly a year ago (23 september or so), and I got right back into it.

Got to Kaer Morhen and I think I'm going to finish the main storyline soon. We're preparing for a big fight bois.

Enjoy getting drunk with the boys.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I still haven't beaten Blood and Wine. I reinstalled on my newish PC a month ago and loaded up my old save game and I'm having a ridiculously difficult time. Was getting my ass kicked. Also, I was using an old weight mod that removed the weight limitation and I can no longer get it to work, so I'm overburdened. Is there a current, working, weight mod for the most recent GOG version?