Witcher 3

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I started playing this but never beat it due to a backlog at the time.

Should I be ashamed of myself and play it immediately? I have the vanilla game what's best way to get DLC?

• 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I started playing this but never beat it due to a backlog at the time.

Should I be ashamed of myself and play it immediately? I have the vanilla game what's best way to get DLC?

Depends on the platform, but the best way if you own it on steam is to buy the expansion pass

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
84 hours in, finished all of the main game, side quests, contracts, scavenger hunts, all points of interest except those in Skalligae, oh I didn’t do the Gwent related quests.

I still have the 2 DLC to do now.

I mostly had the same ending as my first play through, a few things different along the way though.

Still one of the best game around. There so many good quests in this game, so many powerful moments. I can’t wait to do the new stuff, well stuff I haven’t done anyways.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Man, I wanna be a Berserker. Those bears were intense!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished the Heart of Stone DLC, pretty interesting story, some really fun quests along the way as usual.

Started on the Blood and Wine, I love the look of the new zone. Story starts pretty interesting too. It looks like it will be a pretty lengthy DLC judging from the map, and all the notice boards.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Blood and wine is probably my favorite dlc of any game ever released. It almost felt like it could have been a completely separate game and has a fantastic ending(s).

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Blood and Wine is amazing. I think its just as good as the base game if not better.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yep, B&W is probably worth close to full base game prices on its own. Witcher 3 was always a great game but I think B&W propelled into "GOAT" territory.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Just did the quests related to Uma, and headed back to Skellige from the Witcher headquarters. About how far into the main quest am I? Just hit 80 hours played in the game, and so was curious. Lol

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just did the quests related to Uma, and headed back to Skellige from the Witcher headquarters. About how far into the main quest am I? Just hit 80 hours played in the game, and so was curious. Lol

Skellige is the last area of the base game.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Kaer Morhen is probably in the last 80% of the game.
Edit: thought you meant the return to the Witcher stronghold.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Crone

Nice! Thanks guys. Had a feeling I was getting close due to what they were talking about.

And then was gonna do heart and stone and then blood and wine?

What build did people use in the DLC? I hear the op signs build is pretty ineffective?

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Nice! Thanks guys. Had a feeling I was getting close due to what they were talking about.

And then was gonna do heart and stone and then blood and wine?

What build did people use in the DLC? I hear the op signs build is pretty ineffective?
I’d finish do heart of stone and then finish with blood and wine.
I focused on alchemy and combat mostly since signs can be pretty situation and didn’t have too many issues with difficulty. Alchemy is the best for the big beasties that have specific weaknesses.

Crone

I’d finish do heart of stone and then finish with blood and wine.
I focused on alchemy and combat mostly since signs can be pretty situation and didn’t have too many issues with difficulty. Alchemy is the best for the big beasties that have specific weaknesses.
In original game, which is where I'm at and almost done with as of last night, Signs are just OP, but these last few areas with The Wild have been showing me how bad Signs are. Quen, which I haven't had to use really at all is actually proving to be the most useful versus Igni, which is what I've had success using the rest of the game. I figured some OP melee build, buffed with Alchemy would be good and some Googling seems to be right.

Also, the time played stat in game on your character details page is WAY off from my Steam time. Over a 20 hour difference. I don't remember sitting at menus for that long, but maybe it added up over time, or maybe there's one time I left it on menus for all day or something.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Signs are strong against swaths of enemies, but very weak against bosses. Light or Heavy attack builds are better overall.

Once you get to B&W and open up the new systems and get an Aerondight the "Spin to Win" light attack/alchemy or Ursine Tank/alchemy builds are much better than any sign build.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m level 45 and mostly alchemy with enough in mutation to get 2 extra skills, rest is in combat with 3 points in the ability to use the force in conversation to make people do what I want.
I just love running around with 3 decoctation on all the time and use 2 or 3 potions on top of it.
In full grandmaster Ursine armour so very tanky.
Didn’t do too many quests yet in Blood and Wine, ran around doing POI, almost all done. Upgraded my house to the maximum, went back to old world to max out the Runewright dude.
Once I’m done with the POI I’ll do the side quests, contracts and scavenger hunts then do the main story.
The new zone is gorgeous, probably the best looking one in my opinion.
One thing though redoing this and remembering just how awesome it is is raising my hype level for Cyberpunk 2077.

Crone

So for all the Witcher fans, what would you consider the best modern (guns, instead of magic) RPG? Wait for Cyberpunk? Lol. I've got a long way to go on this one, but I like to mix it up.