Witcher 3

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So for all the Witcher fans, what would you consider the best modern (guns, instead of magic) RPG? Wait for Cyberpunk? Lol. I've got a long way to go on this one, but I like to mix it up.
That build sounds great! have a link, or a screen shot of your skills. I want to be way more tanky, and get away from most Signs to change it up for the DLC.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Ashamed to admit I never finished this game as I was initially put off by the combat and the hit-box sensitivity on picking up items, but watching the Witcher show inspired me to give it another go with all the add-ons and DLC's. Thankfully it's been so many years that repeating parts I'd already done weren't tedious.

Glad I did.. While the hit box annoyance on picking up loot is still there, and I'm still not totally in love with the combat, the depth of the world/story is A+ and the crafting/alchemy and overall stat system is awesome.

Noah

Molten Core Raider
Ashamed to admit I never finished this game as I was initially put off by the combat and the hit-box sensitivity on picking up items, but watching the Witcher show inspired me to give it another go with all the add-ons and DLC's. Thankfully it's been so many years that repeating parts I'd already done weren't tedious.

Glad I did.. While the hit box annoyance on picking up loot is still there, and I'm still not totally in love with the combat, the depth of the world/story is A+ and the crafting/alchemy and overall stat system is awesome.

if you are using mods, my 3 must have mods:

auto loot: AutoLoot Configurable All-in-One (1.30-1.31)
this can be set to automatically pick up everything around you but it also can loot things you should not be able to get to (i think perhaps it ignores z axis distance) so i only toggle on true auto loot mode when things are being annoying or i cant loot things i should be able to reach

enhanced targeting: Enhanced Targeting for UPatch
i dont like how the game will pick your targets and sometimes you will attack in a completely different direction than expected and this helps

auto apply oils mod: Auto Apply Oils
not only is it not always clear which type of oil to use for which opponent, some of them are actually coded wrong; this mod should always use the right oil

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
if you are using mods, my 3 must have mods:

auto loot: AutoLoot Configurable All-in-One (1.30-1.31)
this can be set to automatically pick up everything around you but it also can loot things you should not be able to get to (i think perhaps it ignores z axis distance) so i only toggle on true auto loot mode when things are being annoying or i cant loot things i should be able to reach

enhanced targeting: Enhanced Targeting for UPatch
i dont like how the game will pick your targets and sometimes you will attack in a completely different direction than expected and this helps

auto apply oils mod: Auto Apply Oils
not only is it not always clear which type of oil to use for which opponent, some of them are actually coded wrong; this mod should always use the right oil

Yeah playing on PS4 so no mods for me, but that auto-loot mod would have been gold. For me the issue aren’t items out of reach, it’s shit you can be standing right next to where the X won’t show up unless you “twitch” the right way. For the number of items you need to loot in this game, it can be maddening sometimes.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
No fall damage is a must, IMO.

I like mine with fall damage, keeps it more grounded

The one mod I would absolutely recommend is the one that ups your carrying weight to 9999

The most annoying thing when I started playing was constantly having to run back to towns to sell shit.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I like mine with fall damage, keeps it more grounded

The one mod I would absolutely recommend is the one that ups your carrying weight to 9999

The most annoying thing when I started playing was constantly having to run back to towns to sell shit.

I don't mind fall damage, but the height that it triggers death was way too strict for me in a game that has so much rough terrain.

Noah

Molten Core Raider
No fall damage is a must, IMO.
if you time it right, if you hit spacebar when you are about to hit, you will do a roll and take no damage
i got good enough at it that i became cocky and probably died even more often because i took too many risks

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I've played about 25 hours so far and think I've died once from falling, so no biggie there I find. I'm just so grateful they didn't go the Dragon Age route and make the environment some fucking rubiks cube of jumping/pixel hunting to get to every objective.

If I had one complaint it would be unique graphics to distinguish between loot quality in the inventory screen, an ability to store your alchemy/crafting shit somewhere but still have access to it, and a way to search your inventory for specific materials. Oh yeah, and one button access to the map, as well as clearer N/S/E/W on the mini map

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Inventory management and the character screen in general are an abomination. Truly abysmal.

That's how good this game is. Nobody even really complains about something that is pretty much universally complained about or lauded depending on implementation in almost every other game.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My biggest complaint is igniting candles and torches everywhere while looting. ;)

• 5Worf
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Crone

Inventory management and the character screen in general are an abomination. Truly abysmal.

That's how good this game is. Nobody even really complains about something that is pretty much universally complained about or lauded depending on implementation in almost every other game.
I'm surprised there hasn't been a SkyUI equivalent like Skyrim has that completely redid everything.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I have over xxxx hrs in Witcher 3 and every-time yall reply to this thread, I have to read it and fight the urge to reinstall.

• 1Solidarity

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I have over xxxx hrs in Witcher 3 and every-time yall reply to this thread, I have to read it and fight the urge to reinstall.
This and God of War are the only games I recall ever completing NG+ on, and between this thread and the show, it's giving me an itch to do it again. Wish had that kind of time though.

• 1Like

Jozu

Started playing again and this game is truly a top 5 game of all time.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Evernothing

I started re-playing this as I never finished. I'm at Final Preparations on the main quest, and just finished the formal party in Blood & Wine.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw a news headline that more people were concurrently playing Witcher 3 in December 2019 than any other time previous. That is incredible, for a game nearly 5 years old.

I was one of those people too. I played through the game for the first time over Christmas break and it is a masterpiece. The DLC's are INCREDIBLE, simply the best. Also really enjoyed the section with the Bloody Baron and the Crones. For maps/areas, Toussaint in Blood & Wine is just stunning.

The game isn't just better than 99% of other games, it is magnitudes better. It just gets me even more excited for Cyber Punk.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users