Witcher 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This game is incredible. Just ploughed a hot blonde sorceress, then fucking decapitated the whore for lying to me.

Its amazing how none of these side quests feel like a boring trek. Everything feels meaningful. They even did a great job with itemization curve. The inventory system is meh, but finding new weapons and gear feels rewarding.

I was about to be astonished that you killed Keira but then I noticed the name of the poster and wasn't surprised anymore.

• 4Worf
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Side quests have been great. I'm just anxious to get into the DLC. I'm level 33 and doing side quests in the late 20s. So the experience isn't great but it certainly fleshes out the world more.

Also, question, do notice boards "respawn"?

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Side quests have been great. I'm just anxious to get into the DLC. I'm level 33 and doing side quests in the late 20s. So the experience isn't great but it certainly fleshes out the world more.

Also, question, do notice boards "respawn"?

No they don't. Which is almost the only knock I have on the game. Sometimes you just want to run around killing the tougher monsters and you only get to fight them once.

Crone

No they don't. Which is almost the only knock I have on the game. Sometimes you just want to run around killing the tougher monsters and you only get to fight them once.
Works for me so I can feel like I have completed everything.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ohhhhh, Witcher 3 laser engraved map:
View attachment 241709

View attachment 241710
View attachment 241711

Do you have a link for the Pantheon version? I can’t find it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

that honestly sounds like it should have been a mod. there doesn't need to be any dialogue, just a noticeboard for a random monster.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There's one mod that creates a daily monster challenge

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Having a blast. I keep forgetting about crafting, never been much into that aspect of RPGs. Was trying to kill Jenny O the Wisps(?) and was getting my ass handed to me. Checked spoilers, was like ok, using the right sign, potions, oils WTf? Gave up to go get more powerful. Happened upon a swordsmith and realized I had a pattern for a level one silver sword that was like twice as powerful as the one I was using... Duh. Made it, and killed her in 15 seconds or so lol. Also, got something with +exp gain. Even still it is going to take a good long time to get through this, been doing all the side quests, something I usually tend to avoid but for a few. Still don't care for the combat, but I am getting better.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

There are a lot of crafting patterns in this game and 99% of them are entirely useless. Especially in the base game. It's all about the Witcher sets.

The Viper swords from White Orchard are really powerful early on.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
There are a lot of crafting patterns in this game and 99% of them are entirely useless. Especially in the base game. It's all about the Witcher sets.

The Viper swords from White Orchard are really powerful early on.

Yeah, besides the inventory management, this is probably one of my two only other complaints about the game. Once you choose between cat/griffon/bear armor almost all the other armor/sword crafting recipes become junk, with the exception of the occasional sword. They are almost exclusively better than what drops from monsters too-- I think maybe once in the last 20 or so levels has something dropped that is better than what I can craft, though this may be because I take on quests my level or below. Which is the second problem-- there are just too many goddamned quests. Even ignoring the main storyline as much as possible (I'm lvl 22, main story quest is currently lvl 17) and focusing purely on side quests, my quest list grows and grows, and my tendency is to tackle lower lvl ones first before they become too trivial. Being OCD about keeping a clean quest list (which I am) is a challenge, because every quest you solve usually adds two more to your list in the process of solving it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Too much content, the most first world problem that has ever first world problemed.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

Why is keeping Kiera alive good? I mean she did have a ton of shit for sale, perhaps more quests? I just felt like she was being a cunt, and Geralt wasnt having it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why is keeping Kiera alive good? I mean she did have a ton of shit for sale, perhaps more quests? I just felt like she was being a cunt, and Geralt wasnt having it.

There are two other ways to resolve that plotline.

Option A:

You fail to convince her how fucking stupid her idea but don't stop her from going, you later discover her on the brink of death having been brutally tortured by Radovid, maybe you even have the option to mercykill her, cant recall.

Option B:

You convince her how fucking stupid her idea is and to take refuge in Kaer Morhen. She helps you later in the story, and then has a happily ever after with one of your witcher buddies who doesn't mind your sloppy seconds

So if you're vindictive or hate her, Option A is a lot more satisfying. If you're a compulsive 'all possible happy endings' type, then you have to pursue Option B.

Jozu

That's what makes this game great though, is ths fact you can even just outright murder her.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Also Gaunter O'dimm is at the inn at White Orchard at the beginning of the game and you talk to him during the quest to question the guests for clues about Yennefer.

Which had absolutely no bearing at all at release because you don't meet him again until Hearts of Stone where he is essentially the actual main antagonist.

That's what made HoS even better to me.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I just send cool people that I wanna party with to Kaer Morhen when given the chance (have not looked at the spoilers). Kiera parties, so she got an invite.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Too much content, the most first world problem that has ever first world problemed.

When there is so much content and it is paced in such a way that 1/4 of it becomes trivial/non challenging even when you dedicate yourself to it is an issue. By no means major in any way, it’s just annoying to do quests 5 levels below you even though you’ve been doing them all as fast as you can.

• 1Like

Khane

It's definitely an issue for a completionist, but it is at least worthwhile in that you find a lot of recipes and rare crafting items that way and it's the best way to have enough crowns to make the upgraded gear.

In those scenarios you're less of a monster hunter and more of a treasure hunter. And a lot of those side quests have really great stories.

• 1Ding!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
When there is so much content and it is paced in such a way that 1/4 of it becomes trivial/non challenging even when you dedicate yourself to it is an issue. By no means major in any way, it’s just annoying to do quests 5 levels below you even though you’ve been doing them all as fast as you can.

I believe there's a mod that lets you adjust exp gain so you don't out level everything

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It's definitely an issue for a completionist, but it is at least worthwhile in that you find a lot of recipes and rare crafting items that way and it's the best way to have enough crowns to make the upgraded gear.

In those scenarios you're less of a monster hunter and more of a treasure hunter. And a lot of those side quests have really great stories.

Which reminds me that I’ve got the recipes for advanced and superior draconid oil and a few others and am missing the base recipe. So far I’ve done the game entirely spoiler free but am about to crack. My mistake for doing almost all of White orchard without opening a crate in someone’s house or in a town because I thought at that point it would be stealing.

So far most of my money gets spent of fucking cherry cordial and mandrake cordial since you need it for white gull and it never drops.

• 1Solidarity