Witcher 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was doing side quests and treasure hunts but I just don't have the energy to stat-pad anymore.
Thats why plenty of us put "skip them" on repeat in the last page or so. The Main Stories are worth the time, but I stand firm that a shit ton of the POI's are not.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thats why plenty of us put "skip them" on repeat in the last page or so. The Main Stories are worth the time, but I stand firm that a shit ton of the POI's are not.

I did them all my first go around because I had just graduated and was looking for a job.

But I got a job now and a relationship. Don't have the time to plunder every ancestral grave site and pilfer every smuggler's cache.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Witcher contracts and subquests are worth it. Also, Places of Power, but get a map so you don't have to hunt through every useless PoI.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

New Season dropped on Netflix and it has me playing this again. I've never done Heart of Stone or Blood & Wine, so it's been a year, so I'm ready to go!!

Playing with a new rig with everything maxed out doesn't hurt anything either.

Araxen

Is this game better to be played on consoles or PC? I'm not looking to mod the game.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is this game better to be played on consoles or PC? I'm not looking to mod the game.
Feels good on ps4pro/ps5. But you're going to miss out on essential mods, like travel posts and weight limit on console. It's perfect on pc, and you can play it with a controller too. Anything but the wii :D

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

At the very least you need the mod that shuts dandelion the fuck up on the loading screen. That thing is essential.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

As part of the Utnayan Utnayan backlog challenge, I'm trying to get back into this to finish Heart of Stone and Blood & Wine. I've come back to it a number of times, and every single time I forget how jank as fuck it is trying to play on a keyboard. The movement is so fucking terrible. Lol.

• 2Like

Daidraco

As part of the Utnayan Utnayan backlog challenge, I'm trying to get back into this to finish Heart of Stone and Blood & Wine. I've come back to it a number of times, and every single time I forget how jank as fuck it is trying to play on a keyboard. The movement is so fucking terrible. Lol.
I'm not sure if the mods are still updated - I havent played in a while. But theres a couple combat revamps out there that clean up that circus act shit quite a lot. You should look into those if you're talking about how stupid combat is at times.

Also, I started doing the free travel from anywhere mod and that helped me finish the game much more quickly. I never did the side shit anyways unless I was looking for a recipe, so it all worked out.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Feels good on ps4pro/ps5. But you're going to miss out on essential mods, like travel posts and weight limit on console. It's perfect on pc, and you can play it with a controller too. Anything but the wii :D
Have you tried it recently on the PS4 pro? It runs like absolute ass, apparently it was better before the last patch and they not going to fix it.

• 1Mother of God

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Have you tried it recently on the PS4 pro? It runs like absolute ass, apparently it was better before the last patch and they not going to fix it.
Been a while. That sounds terrible :S

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also picked this back up so I could finish main story and DLC. I have an old Xbox 360 controller I use on my computer because I agree, keyboard and mouse is some sort of abomination in this game.

• 2Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Years ago when I picked it back up to play HoS and B&W I used keyboard and mouse for a couple hours and was wondering why movement and combat felt so much worse than I remembered. That feeling [almost] completely went away when I switched to my DS4. Use a controller. It’s not gonna fix all the jank, but it makes the jank much more tolerable. The story and exploration is worth it IMO.

• 1Like

Crone

I've been using the fast travel from anywhere mod for a while now. Gotta be careful on some quests as if you fast travel before you trigger the next part it can get weird. Not unfixable, just annoying as you have to back track to re-trigger the part.

I've played with a controller before, and just always forget to just start immediately with it. Gotta see if my kids will let me borrow one of their Xbox controllers without freaking out. Should be fine. :)

Crone

Trying to get back into this, and finally got a controller hooked up so it's for sure a million times better.

But I'm big dumb and I'm like ok getting into Heart of Stone, but nothing with my build has changed? Am I going through the next 2 DLCs with the same shit that I just spent 100 hours with? That sucks! but I don't want to spend time figuring out all the mutagen's, and alchemy build that I've had conversations here about before. So then I just don't play, and this cycle repeats over and over. I'm broken. :(

As far as I know, the game doesn't lead you towards the new shit. There's a quest for Enchanting I see, but otherwise, you have the freedom to do whatever you want. I guess I'd prefer I didn't even know about the other builds that become OP in the DLCs because then I wouldn't even worry about it. But now that I know about them, I can't stop wanting to change things up.

Daidraco

Trying to get back into this, and finally got a controller hooked up so it's for sure a million times better.

But I'm big dumb and I'm like ok getting into Heart of Stone, but nothing with my build has changed? Am I going through the next 2 DLCs with the same shit that I just spent 100 hours with? That sucks! but I don't want to spend time figuring out all the mutagen's, and alchemy build that I've had conversations here about before. So then I just don't play, and this cycle repeats over and over. I'm broken. :(

As far as I know, the game doesn't lead you towards the new shit. There's a quest for Enchanting I see, but otherwise, you have the freedom to do whatever you want. I guess I'd prefer I didn't even know about the other builds that become OP in the DLCs because then I wouldn't even worry about it. But now that I know about them, I can't stop wanting to change things up.
I mean.. I guess? But its a single player game and you can do all the content on the hardest mode with some very basic gear. Chasing after gear, mutagens etc. is really just shaving time off your clear more than anything. If you trivialize it in your head, cause it should be, then maybe you might quell your desire to seek out such nonsense.

Crone

Quit being gay and just got into the game and started doing quests and HoS main story quests are fun as hell. The story is amazing, and I can't wait to keep progressing.

In due time I'll look up some of the badass Blood & Wine builds that came out using Alchemy, but so far I'm pure melee and it's fine.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
wierdly i'm playing this now (started up a few times for 10mins) cuz my wife saw me having fun w/ the ffvii mini game and said go play witcher w/ gwent then, while shes watching the 1st season.

hopefully i can beat this b4 ffvi pixel remaster comes out (sometime soon this month)

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
wife:
why the hell are ciri's boobs so big!

me:
b/c its an all in one pretty face/big boob mod
oh-well-leonardo-dicaprio.gif