Witcher 3

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Simping for Gaunter.
I was just like “ehhh whatever you made a pretty shitty deal with the devil, payments due. He tricked your dumb ass fair and square.”

I didn’t really care either way, they were both douchebags. I figured if I tried to stop Gaunter he’d just skullfuck me anyways.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was just like “ehhh whatever you made a pretty shitty deal with the devil, payments due. He tricked your dumb ass fair and square.”

I didn’t really care either way, they were both douchebags. I figured if I tried to stop Gaunter he’d just skullfuck me anyways.
They did a good job of making Olgierd enough of a dick that it's not an obvious black and white decision whether or not to save him. I viewed it more as defeating O'Dimm rather than saving Olgierd.

Although if you do HoS before completing the main game, O'Dimm can tell you how to save Ciri.

• 1Blown
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Just picked this up again after buying 3 years ago and only playing a few hours in. Hoping to burn a lot of time on it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I finished the base game a few months back for the first time. I really need to get around to HoS and BaW but I keep starting other games (AC series on 3, cyberpunk, rdr2 on pc...).

Also doesn't help I get about 4 hours a week of gaming now.

• 1Salty

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I finally bought this... is there a good list/any recommendations of best mods to download?

I tried a bunch of different mods but the only 3 that were actually QOL improvements and not just cheats were

Auto oils
9999 weight limit
Fast travel

Im jealous you get to play this game for the first time

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I finally bought this... is there a good list/any recommendations of best mods to download?
May seem wrong, but skip as many "points of interest" as you can if you want to actually finish the story sometime this year.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
May seem wrong, but skip as many "points of interest" as you can if you want to actually finish the story sometime this year.
And even if you're inclined to go the completionist route, you should still just skip all the water PoIs in the Skelligge map. Trust me on this.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
i wouldnt skip any of the POIs, unless theyre are skellige water POIs

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Skellige water POIs were where I got caught up in limbo and never finished as well.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Auto oils
9999 weight limit
Fast travel
Auto-loot
HD rework if your PC can handle it.

Another one I didn’t try but would have saved some stupid deaths/time is no fall damage. I don’t really mind if I’m fucking around doing something dumb but sometimes you’ll fall through stairs for no reason and die. Only happened twice to me and I’m almost done with everything so it’s not common, but was still annoying.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Auto oils
9999 weight limit
Fast travel
Auto-loot
HD rework if your PC can handle it.

Another one I didn’t try but would have saved some stupid deaths/time is no fall damage. I don’t really mind if I’m fucking around doing something dumb but sometimes you’ll fall through stairs for no reason and die. Only happened twice to me and I’m almost done with everything so it’s not common, but was still annoying.

oh yeah i forgot auto-loot

Definitely get that Falstaff Falstaff

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
This. Every time I've tried to fire it back up I've lost interest super early on.

I think its because the gameplay and mechanics arent particularly remarkable, in that sense its really no different than a Skyrim or any other open world clone. Lets be real, combat isn't its strongest point and you really cant do much with it. So its not replayable from that standpoint.

But the story, the quests and the narratives are done amazingly. Unfortunately you can only get enjoyment out of them once.

Witcher 3 is a game i'd love to replay over and over but only if someone gave me a mind wipe before every new game. I never picked it up again after I spent 200 hours in it and beat it once.

• 2Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It's a shame that a game with multiple endings and decision based character interactions is such a slog in early game replays. I wanted to see some of the other endings but could barely finish replaying the first zone. Gave up and watched them all on youtube.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a shame that a game with multiple endings and decision based character interactions is such a slog in early game replays. I wanted to see some of the other endings but could barely finish replaying the first zone. Gave up and watched them all on youtube.

I just slogged through the first half on my New Game Plus. Finally got to Skellige and I am feeling kind of burnt out, but the whole time I was looking forward to getting to Skellige and being in that sort of Gaelic Viking enviroment.

Disappoint.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just slogged through the first half on my New Game Plus. Finally got to Skellige and I am feeling kind of burnt out, but the whole time I was looking forward to getting to Skellige and being in that sort of Gaelic Viking enviroment.

Disappoint.
This part killed me my first time through and I quit. I recommend just slogging through the main quest at first, the story picks up enough it starts being enjoyable pretty quickly. Also, ignore all the water and far island POIs unless you happen to be close for something else. It’s worth getting through, the story is good and Blood and Wine is awesome.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This part killed me my first time through and I quit. I recommend just slogging through the main quest at first, the story picks up enough it starts being enjoyable pretty quickly. Also, ignore all the water and far island POIs unless you happen to be close for something else. It’s worth getting through, the story is good and Blood and Wine is awesome.

I was doing side quests and treasure hunts but I just don't have the energy to stat-pad anymore.

Also, I did a light armor/cat school build on my first go around and now I am trying to do heavy armor/bear school (or undvik armor because it is so overpowered on New Game Plus) but it seems the light armor/swordsman build is just so overpowered that I feel forced to play that way to keep up with Death March difficulty.

I think the Witcher is a great game and a great universe but as far as an RPG? I don't feel like there is a lot of role-playing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i started this up with the mods you guys said to use and hd rework and it looks so much better than cyberpunk

well aside from this bug i had with yennifer

• 1WTF