Witcher 3

Izo

Tranny Chaser
gQpZBaWNQVvkMSJu4WnfNR-1200-80.jpg

Hot damn! Just started playing it on ps4pro, finished on pc years ago. Now I have to replay on ps5 you say? Alrighty then!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
gQpZBaWNQVvkMSJu4WnfNR-1200-80.jpg

Hot damn! Just started playing it on ps4pro, finished on pc years ago. Now I have to replay on ps5 you say? Alrighty then!

Im playing on PC and don’t think I could do it on consoles again. Fast travel from everywhere, fast loot, weight limit removal, no item decay, auto apply oils. All those things make the game so much less tedious. For a game this long, I just don’t want to play without that stuff.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Im playing on PC and don’t think I could do it on consoles again. Fast travel from everywhere, fast loot, weight limit removal, no item decay, auto apply oils. All those things make the game so much less tedious. For a game this long, I just don’t want to play without that stuff.
How about limited save spots on ps? Forgot to do Whispering Hillock b4 talk with the crones. Now I have to let the evil spirit free to save the kids, but baron will hang himself. fml, this game is so dark.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How about limited save spots on ps? Forgot to do Whispering Hillock b4 talk with the crones. Now I have to let the evil spirit free to save the kids, but baron will hang himself. fml, this game is so dark.

That’s what happened to me. I’m playing through this time just blind so whatever happens happens.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Really the only thing about consoles I hate is the lack of modding.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
PS4 playthrough atm. Team Yennefer. Was going to try to let Ciri follow her biological father, but killing that general is fun. Also I think I read he’s an incest pedo or some such / prophecy hunter. Anyone went with the Empress ending and somehow, Reasons of State (?), eliminated emhyr? . I can’t figure if it’s a better ending for her than the classic. Probably discussed a million times here. What’s the concensus, fohbros?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Nice. I’ve been playing with the current HD reworked and it’s already fantastic. Will check out the newest one once I finish the vanilla game here in a couple weeks. Haven’t played the expansions at all, I’m tempted to sideline those until I get the new rig filled out with a 3080 and this HD reworked 12.0 for maximum effect but not sure how long the 3080 is going to remain unavailable.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PS4 playthrough atm. Team Yennefer. Was going to try to let Ciri follow her biological father, but killing that general is fun. Also I think I read he’s an incest pedo or some such / prophecy hunter. Anyone went with the Empress ending and somehow, Reasons of State (?), eliminated emhyr? . I can’t figure if it’s a better ending for her than the classic. Probably discussed a million times here. What’s the concensus, fohbros?

I think the ending in which Ciri becomes a Witcher is probably the better ending. I only say that because I've read the books 3 or 4 times (my forum profile pic or whatever it's called is a minor character from the books), and in the end she goes off to have adventures. She has no interest in succeeding Emhyr or ruling Nilfgaard. She wants to be a Witcher like Geralt.

That being said, you can get Ciri to become Empress.

But Emhyr is a definitely a weirdo. It is clearly stated in the book that the child of Ciri will rule the world (or create some sort of mega empire) and Emhyr sees it as his duty/right to put his own baby in her and have the future world-ruler as his heir.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I think the ending in which Ciri becomes a Witcher is probably the better ending. I only say that because I've read the books 3 or 4 times (my forum profile pic or whatever it's called is a minor character from the books), and in the end she goes off to have adventures. She has no interest in succeeding Emhyr or ruling Nilfgaard. She wants to be a Witcher like Geralt.

That being said, you can get Ciri to become Empress.

But Emhyr is a definitely a weirdo. It is clearly stated in the book that the child of Ciri will rule the world (or create some sort of mega empire) and Emhyr sees it as his duty/right to put his own baby in her and have the future world-ruler as his heir.
Ugh, yeah, dodged a bullit there then. I went with the good, classic witcher ending this time, screw emhyr. Just feels best to have Ciri on the path :) I can’t wait to start the two dlc now, and retire with Y.
Replay once the console war is over / official update is released. I hope it will be as good as the pc hd mod :)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So my 3070 came in yesterday so was finally able to complete my pc I started building this summer and I resumed my second playthrough. I’m now able to crank the graphics up with the 4K rework without choking my PC. It looks awesome and plays really smooth now.

Beat the vanilla game for the first time today, Fun final fight sequences, great ending.

On to Hearts of Stone!

• 6Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Beat heart of stone. Was a lot shorter than I expected but was enjoyable. Was more like 8-10 hours, not 20. I let the dude die and got a saddle from GOD that makes roach look like a demon, pretty cool.

Blood and Wine is what I was hoping for. Fresh color pallet, new looking monsters, new Gwent faction. Awesome so far and only a couple hours into it.