Witcher 3

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm hoping for more of a Witcher 1 than 2 story wise and the sand box. I'm hopeful since they'll be wrapping up the story that will be the case.

I left Witcher 2 feeling like I could of almost done nothing and the world wouldn't of been any worse off.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6ZawqPI.png

Some dude from Gamespot finished the story. Embargo ends tomorrow.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you don't like it by the tentacle monster I'd say no, it won't pick up for you. Witcher 3 may also be boring too unless you like sandbox games a lot.
Really, it doesn't pick up? Darn.

I think even with the FCR mod, combat is still bumming me out. It's not dodge bullshit anymore, but instead aard-whack-whack repeat. There's not enough decision making going on.

The voice acting is great, the story is bland so far(not sure how much I care about this), but together, just not keeping my attention.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm hoping for more of a Witcher 1 than 2 story wise and the sand box. I'm hopeful since they'll be wrapping up the story that will be the case.
Yeah, I would definitely prefer the story to be on par with 1 instead of 2 as well.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
So, has anyone read the books from which the game is based? Are they any good? Amazon review seems to indicate so.http://www.amazon.com/Last-Wish-Intr...e+witcher+book

I've never played The Witcher 2, although I own it. A friend gifted it to me and I really like the youtube videos I've seen and the premise, but I'm having a frustrating time optimizing the graphics. I game on a Lenovo y510p, and obviously cant run the game on max settings. Do any of you guys know the optimal graphic tweaks to adjust so I can get the game to consistently run smooth? I'm not a graphics whore, but Id at least like some shadows and nice textures if possible. Any settings I can set to off/low without sacrificing too much graphical quality, yet improve my frame rate? I run the game on a 42 inch 1080p TV.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Books are good although not all of them have been translated yet which is a bummer because you only get the first four with I think 3 more on the way.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hahahaha, I can't help but laugh. Everytime someone says a game takes 100 hours it's realistically like 25 hours
Kevin VanOrd is actually one of the few good reviewers out there. He said 85 hours for Dragon Age: Inquisition (non-completionist) and that's a pretty good estimate. My own DAI savegame was like 130-140 hours doing absolutely everything. I expect his Witcher 3 total will be fairly accurate for non-completionist as well.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really really enjoyed playing the yahtzee mini-game circuit. Even in the first game. This new card game of Gwent is going to be interesting. Normally I don't get pulled into that kind of shit. But Witcher subplots and minigames are fantastic. Any word that we have more Iorveth this time around? I do love his nihilistic hatred of non fantasy type creatures.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, has anyone read the books from which the game is based? Are they any good? Amazon review seems to indicate so.http://www.amazon.com/Last-Wish-Intr...e+witcher+book
Yeah they are pretty good. Some of the war/military interludes kinda boring but the rest is good. Though don't be surprised when you realize that ciri turns into the main protagonist of the series. It's a great tale nonetheless. If you can manage to read em before start W3 I think you will be even more excited for it. There are fan translations for the last books not officially translated and they are pretty decent.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Kevin VanOrd is actually one of the few good reviewers out there. He said 85 hours for Dragon Age: Inquisition (non-completionist) and that's a pretty good estimate. My own DAI savegame was like 130-140 hours doing absolutely everything. I expect his Witcher 3 total will be fairly accurate for non-completionist as well.
After DAI I'm dubious of completion numbers. DAI was so full of fluff and people loved it like they've never played an MMO before and it was new to them. Meanwhile I felt like there was 50 hours of content stretched to 100 hours of game.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Hahahaha, I can't help but laugh. Everytime someone says a game takes 100 hours it's realistically like 25 hours
Well you do mention an accurate time. One of the devs did mention that they did a speed run to one of the endings at 25 hours. On the other spectrum, a full completion is apparently 200+ hours, and they have said that there are few to no fed ex quests. The ones that are in that category are tied to story (dev mentioned this in an interview saying that one of the few ones had you followed by an NPC giving backstory to that character while doing the quest).

So 25 for speed run and 200+ for max makes 100 hours seem fairly reasonable for a "normal" completion of the game.

My concern to that is the difficulty of it. I started on nightmare on DA:I, and while at first there were fights I had to come back to, at the 85 hour mark and level 21 (before even going to the dance investigation mission) every fight except dragons is fairly trivial. Feels like I've outleveled the max level content with quite a bit of the actual game left due to my playstyle of "do everything!".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I still don't believe 100, but we will see in a week. I like using the howlongtobeat site because it averages all the times people complete it at.

Fadaar

That guy
So anyone who ordered a video card with a key -- has it shown up yet? Still haven't seen anything on Amazon or in my inbox about it yet.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So anyone who ordered a video card with a key -- has it shown up yet? Still haven't seen anything on Amazon or in my inbox about it yet.
Ordered my card from newegg and got the code the day after I bought it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've never played a Witcher game before and just really started looking into this. I'm fairly excited at this point.