Witcher 3

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Ordered my card from newegg and got the code the day after I bought it.
Email customer service. I bought 2 MSI 980GTX cards from Amazon and got 2 codes for Witcher 3. A week later they included Batman Arkham Knight in the deal. I emailed customer service asking if I could have a code for Batman and they got me one in less than an hour. Also one of my GTX cards died in a week and they had my new card to me in 2 days. Amazon CS is pretty damn amazing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Newegg will give you Batman too if you bought a card recently and only got the Witcher code.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
will have to give that a shot tomorrow, bought it a day or so before they added batman. Have witcher 3 installed now just waiting for it to unlock.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well you do mention an accurate time. One of the devs did mention that they did a speed run to one of the endings at 25 hours. On the other spectrum, a full completion is apparently 200+ hours, and they have said that there are few to no fed ex quests. The ones that are in that category are tied to story (dev mentioned this in an interview saying that one of the few ones had you followed by an NPC giving backstory to that character while doing the quest).

So 25 for speed run and 200+ for max makes 100 hours seem fairly reasonable for a "normal" completion of the game.

My concern to that is the difficulty of it. I started on nightmare on DA:I, and while at first there were fights I had to come back to, at the 85 hour mark and level 21 (before even going to the dance investigation mission) every fight except dragons is fairly trivial. Feels like I've outleveled the max level content with quite a bit of the actual game left due to my playstyle of "do everything!".
That's another cool thing about Dark Souls. If everything is easy you'll cut through, one shot bosses and get outleveled quickly. If everything is hard you'll get wrekt over and over, and continuously level on the mobs on the way to a hard point and get stronger. Usually at some point you piece together a decent spec, levels and gear that you might not have a problem character wise, but overall the power difference between you and the enemy is much more even than other RPGs where the primary factor in your character's power is how much time you spend doing side quests.

I'd love it if other games copied this part of Dark Souls, where death just sends you back to try again, but with the loot/exp you got in some form.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure whether I should try to nolife through it in like 5 days or wait for all the patches, inevitable enhanced edition and probably a better PC.

Evernothing

Horse Armour DLC! Shaving DLC!

yrvb.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure whether I should try to nolife through it in like 5 days or wait for all the patches, inevitable enhanced edition and probably a better PC.
There's really just no point in no-lifing anything but MMOs or pseudo MMOs like Diablo anymore. And even those are mostly for the social "rush" and exploit early/often reasons.

Single-player games aren't typically a "complete" experience until the inevitable "GOTY", " Enhanced", "Definitive", etc. editions and it usually comes with a price decrease anyhow. Plus, with the backlog of games most people have, waiting almost always makes more sense.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
chatted up newegg support this morning, batman code incoming. thanks for the heads up.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Reviews are in, looks promising. Sadly they are all on PS4 as no reviewers have the PC version yet.

Seems it looks gorgeous, runs at 30FPS max and struggle at times.

It's getting more likely that I'll get the PC version, kinda weird that the PC version isn't yet ready though. I'm still gonna wait until someone reviews it before I decide which one to get.

Vorph

I've yet to see a single review mention any sort of video settings on the PS4 version, so I guess I'm not going to be regretting my choice of platform come Monday. Especially since the consoles are unable to maintain even 30 fps all the time, to my complete lack of surprise.

Might have GameFly send me a PS4 copy so I can do a side-by-side comparison. Not like I'll be using my rental until I'm doing with the game anyway.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Not heard anything about video options either, so doubt there are many/any on consoles.

Gametrailer review also mention that the review version was a big buggy/laggy. Though their conclusion certainly wasn't any less glowing due to it calling it one of the best RPGs ever made. They too mentioned 100+ hours with lots of stuff left.

Main thing I have happy to hear from the reviews is that they have kept their focus on the story, and remarkably seem to have managed to keep it up in such a large world.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The only ps4 game I've seen with video options is ff14 let's you choose like regular HD and ultra HD. I think it's 720p or 1080p

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
Buy new video card, get code, return video card
Or, plunk down the $60 to support one of the few developers who are clearly passionate about their products, communicate effectively with their fanbase, listen to criticism and do their best to patch accordingly, and above all, turn out very high quality games.

Save the cheapskate shenanigans for EA and its ilk.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Bought my card from Fry's, think I'm hosed as far as free game codes. Pinged EVGA directly to see of they're feeling charitable. Will be buying it otherwise.