Witcher 3

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most of them also modify, increase or decrease things like AA, sharpen etc.
I've yet to see one that didn't make one time of day look really good while making others look worse. Some turn skyboxes into a white blob, others crush the shit out of blacks at night and indoors, a few do both of those things. SMAA is a lot better than in-game temporal AA, but I can get that from RadeonPro, and not have to give up adaptive v-sync in the process.

K-putt's is different I guess, but the effect of his preset is so subtle that I don't think it's worth the framerate hit (or, again, the loss of adaptive v-sync).

-----------------------

BTW, after installing patch 1.03 check your video options. For some reason my texture quality setting got dropped to Low after the patch. You might want to play with the Sharpen filter too, since it now has low and high settings instead of just on and off. If you use SweetFX or ReShade presets you'll want to leave it off anyway.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Most of them also modify, increase or decrease things like AA, sharpen etc.
Ok thanks
smile.png
I thought it may have been sharper but didn't know if it was because of the color temp change.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
rrr_img_98158.jpg
rrr_img_98159.jpg
rrr_img_98160.jpg

only things not on max are shadows b/c i could care less if they are or not, and yes too lazy to disable hud!

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Game is A+ so far, about 22 hours in.

After seeing Kiera's titties I was hoping I would get to bone her, and I did. Excellent!

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I really wish they would of allowed some under water combat especially since they put enemies under water and content. A few times now it's been annoying. You really feel the control issue under water navigating a tight place with enemies. Especially as you hold circle to go up and you kind of just float there with stuff hitting you.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm having a lot of fun playing Gwent. As well as the brawling and horse racing circuits!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't tried it, but I saw someone on reddit say that the xbow is really effective underwater. Reddit, large block of salt, etc. though.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I didn't think about that I'll give it a try.

Edit

Yeah that is instagib under water. Stupid as it's useless on land for the most part but one shots stuff under water.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I haven't tried it, but I saw someone on reddit say that the xbow is really effective underwater. Reddit, large block of salt, etc. though.
I did, somewhere along the line I took out a drowner I couldn't get to come ashore with the xbow. Normally it does like 10 damage on them, underwater it was a one shot kill.

It was the first time ever I think that I learned something worth learning from a loading screen tip!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Is the fighting anything more than just jab jab roll around jab jab jab roll around? I've just been watching streamers play it and it looks very monotonous.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is the fighting anything more than just jab jab roll around jab jab jab roll around? I've just been watching streamers play it and it looks very monotonous.
It's not Souls level combat, but it's not far off. On higher difficulties you've got to be pretty proficient at not getting hit as almost every creature can kill you in 3-4 hits (stronger creatures can 1-2 shot you). There are a few creatures/fights where I do a flurry of fast attacks followed by a dodge or parry, but the more difficult encounters have been pretty good at mixing up the formula, at least that's been my experience so far.

Sometimes it's the sheer quantity of enemies that makes an encounter particularly hard. I died no less than 3-4 times clearing a low level bandit camp because it had 6-7 bandits and 3 crossbowmen. When a bolt connected it would take 1/4-1/3 of my life. Dodging one isn't too hard as you can hear the *thwump* of the bolt releasing, but three is fucking brutal.

In any case, I've been pretty satisfied with the combat so far. It's not the best part of the game, but it's definitely not as unpleasant or frustrating as I remember from The Witcher 2 (or other, non-Witcher games for that matter).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If you know the mobs weakness you should be using that sign against it, always makes things much easier and some times removes the need to roll, hell you only need to sidestep on most mobs except the large ones.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Damage output of charmed mobs is crazy. They usually oneshot other mobs. Downside is that they only attack mobs that have aggro on you, so can't charm one in a group before they notice you. Then again, it will start to wander towards you, and once charm breaks, it will aggro, letting you single pull sometimes.

So far at level 6 my skill points are 5 fast swords, 3 igni, 3 first slot axii and 1 second slot axii (charm) with a blue mutagen giving 28% sign boost.

Combat certainly isn't just roll and jab. I use various combinations of signs all the time.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Combat is pretty simple but still satisfying. Nothing like souls games though and the controls are also not nearly as tight.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Alright, I'm caving. People making this game sound too damn good despite the apparently terrible controls.