Witcher 3

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
For those looking to add a lot more weight capacity but don't want to use the weight mod, there are some saddle bags you can purchase for 900 coins early on.

After meeting the beggar king with triss, visit the merchant by the door (in the beggar area) and he will sell you some saddle bags that increase your weight limit to 160.

The music in this game is really great. I'm really liking the more quite incidental music that is not in the downloadable soundtrack though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Whoever said the game slows down in Novigrad, no kidding. First two side quests sent me to Skellige on top. I wonder what led to disabling horse sprint in cities though, makes it a pain to get around.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Trying this game out and want to enable hairworks. Anyone know of a way to reduce the tessellation on nvidia cards? I hear that dropping it from 64x to 8x will improve performance, but unsure how to do it with an nvidia card. Looking at Radeonpro now and there's an option for tessellation, but apparently I'm unable to adjust it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trying this game out and want to enable hairworks. Anyone know of a way to reduce the tessellation on nvidia cards? I hear that dropping it from 64x to 8x will improve performance, but unsure how to do it with an nvidia card. Looking at Radeonpro now and there's an option for tessellation, but apparently I'm unable to adjust it.
You have to create a game profile to change those settings in RadeonPro.

Mine looks like this:
TW3_RP.png

I also have VSync Control set to Dynamic on the Tweaks tab, that turns on adaptive v-sync. If you use RadeonPro SMAA like I do, be sure to shut off the in-game AA (which is blurry temporal AA shit instead of SMAA, for some unknown reason). Ditto for the v-sync thing; in-game setting has to be off.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hmm...I'll have to look at it again. I did create the profile and I can check the box next to tessellation control, but the slider remains greyed out.

Vorph

Apparently there's no way to override tessellation level for Nvidia GPUs. Nvidia Inspector and Nvidia's own control panel won't do it either.

There's no game setting for global tessellation, only water. You can try turning down the amount of AA used by HairWorks instead though. There's a setting called HairWorksAALevel, set to 8 by default, in \The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base\rendering.ini that supposedly helps if you drop it to 4. Haven't tried it myself since I can just do the tessellation thing, so YMMV.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
For those looking to add a lot more weight capacity but don't want to use the weight mod, there are some saddle bags you can purchase for 900 coins early on.

After meeting the beggar king with triss, visit the merchant by the door (in the beggar area) and he will sell you some saddle bags that increase your weight limit to 160.

The music in this game is really great. I'm really liking the more quite incidental music that is not in the downloadable soundtrack though.
I gave up and just downloaded the weight mod, no house/no storage and the game tells you to hang on to witcher gear...

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got done with the mid game event. All i gotta say is fuck you CDPR. Don't click if you haven't done it, even if you are curious. Trigger warning man.

For killing vesemir. Why'd they kill such a great character?

rrr_img_98348.png

Vorph

Been ages since I was even close to overweight, and I haven't bought the +100 saddlebags yet because I figure they're loot in a chest somewhere. Not that I need the crowns either, I have like 18k without cheating at all.

As for keeping Witcher gear, no need to keep anything except the set you prefer. I've made the griffin set and upgraded it all once so far. Don't see any point in making feline (except the xbow, which is 0.0 weight anyway) or ursine, since I use the medium armor perk for sign intensity. No reason to keep the starter chest armor or viper swords either, they don't have any further upgrades.

Speaking of sign intensity... if you use blue mutagens, you have to unequip and reequip them every time you load a savegame, otherwise your sign intensity bonus is calculated incorrectly. Not sure if red and green are bugged like that too, I only use blues.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I love how sidequests are done. Namely, you never know when it will turn into a huge, almost epic side story. So it motivates me to do them all :p

Also love the attention to little details.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not being able to find the recipes I'm looking for is driving me crazy. Already finding superior (tier 3) versions of some potions and I haven't found the swallow upgrade, for example.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I love how sidequests are done. Namely, you never know when it will turn into a huge, almost epic side story. So it motivates me to do them all :p

Also love the attention to little details.
The game really is an exceptional RPG. It isn't a lot of things, but it IS perhaps the best RPG of at least the last five years. If we're just talking about third person, action combat RPGs, it might be the best of all time.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I don't know about that. It's good.

Weren't you the one saying combat was on par with souls and blood borne?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Why can't the best RPGs (Skyrim, Witcher) get loot right? Aside from the wonky controls, that's my only real complaint about the game.

Oh, and whoever decided to disable pause during cutscenes should be fired.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't know about that. It's good.

Weren't you the one saying combat was on par with souls and blood borne?
I don't remember exactly what I said, but what I meant was it's closer to bloodborne than most games. From has mastered their combat design. CDPR... not so much.

Out of curiosity, what would you consider a better RPG? I don't play every new release that hits the shelves so maybe I missed the one(s) you're thinking of.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Why can't the best RPGs (Skyrim, Witcher) get loot right? Aside from the wonky controls, that's my only real complaint about the game.

Oh, and whoever decided to disable pause during cutscenes should be fired.
After going around and finishing all but a few ?'s in Velen, I'm definitely seeing the loot scale with my level. The thing is, it's always 3-4 levels lower than your current level so it's not necessarily easy to recognize the scaling. It seems like your current level is the ceiling, but unfortunately there isn't a floor (minimum level).

With the craftable Witcher gear this isn't a huge deal, but it does make me wonder if it's not better to hold out til higher levels to clear the rest of the guarded treasures and whatnot. Not sure about the enhanced versions, but the tier 1 car gear only has one slot (chest). If that trend continues, it'll probably be better to have relic level non-set pieces.

Maybe someone further along can confirm? I'm not sure how far in I am story wise, but I'm 16 and been in Novigrad for what feels like 10-15 hours.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Just FYI, crossbow kills mobs instantly underwater, it was a while before the game has shown me that hint ...

I don't think gear has that much effect, maybe it's because I play on hard, but the most important thing is the quen shield and just whack away, if I get low I just turtle a bit with the alternate mode.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I found Novigrad to be mediocre for the most part except a few gems. Especially after how good Valen main area's quests were.

Do yourselves a favor and suffer through Dandelions secondary quests so you get on carnal sins. I'd advise always talking. You'll know if you get there.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So is there any way to NOT kill Menge? Like three different points in the game so far where I kinda didn't want the option I went out with. But I forgot to save more than 45 minutes earlier and F that. The dialogue options are somewhat bothersome. Half the time when they lead to violence I honestly didn't expect them to. But whatever. I about lost my shit when Dandelion was in on the criminal loot vault heist. Geralt actually voiced the best line! "I'd think he'd sooner take a vow of celibacy."

Novigrad isn't that bad. But I still have TONS of question marks all over and I haven't even been to Skellige yet.