Witcher 3

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After going around and finishing all but a few ?'s in Velen, I'm definitely seeing the loot scale with my level. The thing is, it's always 3-4 levels lower than your current level so it's not necessarily easy to recognize the scaling. It seems like your current level is the ceiling, but unfortunately there isn't a floor (minimum level).
Yeah, loot is pretty messed up. Someone who does the cheese quest at the recommended level of the quest gets:
wsh3tdw.jpg

While I did it at level 14 and got:
the_emmentaler.png

Not to mention that the stats are randomized, and I got shittier rolls than he did. The sword was useless to me anyway, since L13 is plain feline swords and L14 is upgraded griffin swords. It's probably not worth worrying about to any great degree though. I can't see bothering to leave side quests and POIs until you're in your 30's (realistic level cap seems to be ~35 without exploits) just to hope that you get relic gear that's better than the superior Witcher sets. You'd miss out on a ton of other recipes, for one thing. It would have been nice to be able to do them when you're 1-2 levels shy of the next tier of crafted items, but unfortunately the level-3 ceiling ruins that.

Not being able to find the recipes I'm looking for is driving me crazy. Already finding superior (tier 3) versions of some potions and I haven't found the swallow upgrade, for example.
There's a couple halfling vendors around, one in Novigard and the other north of Oxenfurt that sell a whole bunch of recipes. I know I bought my enhanced swallow from a vendor.

Look for the potion or herbalism vendors on your map as you wander around.

ili_sl

shitlord
Been ages since I was even close to overweight, and I haven't bought the +100 saddlebags yet because I figure they're loot in a chest somewhere. Not that I need the crowns either, I have like 18k without cheating at all.

As for keeping Witcher gear, no need to keep anything except the set you prefer. I've made the griffin set and upgraded it all once so far. Don't see any point in making feline (except the xbow, which is 0.0 weight anyway) or ursine, since I use the medium armor perk for sign intensity. No reason to keep the starter chest armor or viper swords either, they don't have any further upgrades.

Speaking of sign intensity... if you use blue mutagens, you have to unequip and reequip them every time you load a savegame, otherwise your sign intensity bonus is calculated incorrectly. Not sure if red and green are bugged like that too, I only use blues.
yah. It is way to easy to get money. I have never had weight issues but then again I'm using light armor and just selling every thing. I Don't have a problem with killing anything, even stuff above my level(red). My character is crit & crit increase damage build which is just insane once you get the 3rd fast attack skill. I just spin around murdering everything. I feel like i'm playing a diablo 3 barb. I hardly even use signs anymore. Maybe Quen on harder boss fights.

Just unlocked the 4th fast skill yet but don't have the points for it. Will see how it goes.

using Cat armor with Ursine swords.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Great world and story but thinking about starting over at a lower difficulty because I hate the combat that much. Boss fights I've resorted to running in, hitting once and dodging away while spamming whatever sign on cool down and repeating ad nauseum. I wish this came out before bloodborne.

Only thing about combat that I would need changed would be that you can cancel attack animation to dodge or sidestep.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Sigh. Just hit a crossroads of what I want to do with a quest. So far, only questioned two decisions. 1) Help hunter find his wife, and 2) Find out who are attacking traders.

For the first, I did the quest, then reloaded and took the "bribe" from the sister. The other one was dead anyways, so figured whatever. Let both live. Then the other, I just walked away, helping the elves, saying I couldn't find out who were attacking the traders.

However, now I just hit an OCD quest. To restore 3 shrines.

at the end, the guy makes sense, so I want to side with him, but it says "quest failed" when you do.... I can't have failed quests.... But at the same time, I always side against religion if I can. I am conflicted!

That said, anyone playing on a Witcher 2 choice of saving Triss and as such spoiling the mage witch hunt? Are there witch hunters everywhere? Been some quests where they played a part as well, which I guess they shouldn't have if I had picked saving Triss and not helping cure Saskia. Just curious as to how big the differences are.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Great world and story but thinking about starting over at a lower difficulty because I hate the combat that much. Boss fights I've resorted to running in, hitting once and dodging away while spamming whatever sign on cool down and repeating ad nauseum. I wish this came out before bloodborne.

Only thing about combat that I would need changed would be that you can cancel attack animation to dodge or sidestep.
Why start over? I just looked in Options and you can adjust the difficulty in your current game. I'm currently on the 2nd hardest which feels just right for me. I want danger not tedium
wink.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
1.04 patch:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.04 changelog:
Rebinding any key is now available after switching Unlock Bindings option in Options \ Key bindings submenu.
Corrects an issue in the dialog system that might rarely cause dialog looping in scenes.
Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were under the influence of Axii sign.
Corrects a bug causing spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displaying as valid resolution option.
Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
Texture rendering quality for high / ultra presets improved.
Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
A few additional Gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
Fixes an issue where users with usernames using non-latin characters were unable to import saves from Witcher 2.
Overall stability and performance improvements.
Fixes related to alt + tabbing and minimizing game window.
Game icon updated.
Enlarges the size of the loot pop-up window in the UI.
Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could be displayed outside of game borders in the UI.
Upgrading set items no longer destroys sockets.
Small UI tweaks for Gwent.
Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Pretty in love with this game. Never played the first or second one so I had no idea what to expect. Somehow this game feels nostalgic for me though?

For some reason it reminds me of Might and Magic, I can't quite place it. The inventory set up, making potions, maybe the way you go out in to the world?

I love it, this game just sucks me in and I lose track of time.

Also fucking whores gets you xp and if you had enough money you could just grind whores heh

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
For NVIDIA cards, I tried the ini tweak Vorph suggested, changed it from 8 to 4. Noticed no fps drop turning on hairworks. While the hair looks better in most circumstances (especially animals or armor with lots of fur) Geralts hair looks kind of strange with it on when it is wet. Kind of a shimmery steel wool, too sharp of a contrast to look like hair. Does not look "soft". Then again, that might be because of ini tweak.

Vorph

Geralt and Roach always look terrible with HairWorks on imo. Neither tessellation level nor HairWorksAALevel causes it. It's unfortunate that the settings are Off/Geralt Only/On, because if there was a setting that only turned it on for monsters then I would use it. With tessellation at 16x and AA at 4 HairWorks is perfectly playable on my AMD setup (fuck you Nvidia!).

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
The only thing I have a problem with in this game is Roach. Whoever coded the horses should be fired.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
1.04 patch:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.04 changelog:
Rebinding any key is now available after switching Unlock Bindings option in Options \ Key bindings submenu.
Corrects an issue in the dialog system that might rarely cause dialog looping in scenes.
Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were under the influence of Axii sign.
Corrects a bug causing spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displaying as valid resolution option.
Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
Texture rendering quality for high / ultra presets improved.
Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
A few additional Gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
Fixes an issue where users with usernames using non-latin characters were unable to import saves from Witcher 2.
Overall stability and performance improvements.
Fixes related to alt + tabbing and minimizing game window.
Game icon updated.
Enlarges the size of the loot pop-up window in the UI.
Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could be displayed outside of game borders in the UI.
Upgrading set items no longer destroys sockets.
Small UI tweaks for Gwent.
Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
Texture quality got set to Low again for me after the patch.

Vorph

Same. It got set to low randomly last night too. I've gotten in the habit of checking it every time I start the game now.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game is really exceptional to me. Many times so far I have regretted the choices I made for Geralt, sometimes I dread them coming up. But then I realize that no matter how shitty my choice was. The other option was shittier.

...Or was it?

That is some good storytelling in the CRPG medium right there.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Why start over? I just looked in Options and you can adjust the difficulty in your current game. I'm currently on the 2nd hardest which feels just right for me. I want danger not tedium
wink.png
Thanks!

Now on to the next thing to bitch about in a great game. Who the fuck thought putting all these god damn interactable candles all other the fucking place was a good idea. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to loot something only to light/extinguish something.

Vorph

I use this:Better Controller Button Layout (Witcher 3 X Dark Souls) at The Witcher 3 Nexus - Mods and community(updated for 1.04 already)

It completely remaps the controller to be more like Souls games, and one of the other changes is that ignite/extinguish is bound to Circle/B now. I just use Igni to light that shit anyway, so for all I care it could be unbound completely. If you don't want the full controller remap, editing the input.settings file is simple enough too. You just have to be aware that the buttons are bound in several places so you need to find them all. The only downside for me is that I have the game on PS4 too, and it's goddamned hard to get used to the default layout again.

I'd link a website that lets you do the same thing for the keyboard in case you don't use a pad, but 1.04 completely changed the file structure around and I don't think the site is updated yet. It's just as simple to edit that one thing for the keyboard as it is for gamepad though.

All you need to do is search for IK_E=(Action=Extinguish) and IK_E=(Action=Ignite) and change the IK_E to IK_T or some other key that's not bound at all.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I cannot get my crossbow or my bombs to work no matter what button I set them to. WTF am I missing?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
On ps4 you equip them in inventory, select them in the left bumper radial menu then activate by right bumper.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Should have been more clear, I'm on PC. I don't know why the fuck they aren't working.

Vorph

Gamepad default controls are the same on PC.

If you're using the keyboard (eww) open the radial menu with TAB, select bomb or xbow, and use middle mouse to throw/shoot. Hold it down for fine aim, press it quickly to autotarget. Fine aim is almost never needed in my experience.