Witcher 3

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Funniest was a gryphon flying over my head while I was riding Roach, and it swooped down and just one-shoted me like a boss lol. Went back to fight it, turned out it had a red skull over it, not sure what level it is but it one-shotted me again while on the ground, so I'm avoiding that whole area for now.
Sounds like some East Commonlands bullshit right there!

rrr_img_98452.png

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yup all the wild hunt bosses suck ass. Holy shit that last boss took forrrevvvveerrrrrr...... Make sure that you gear is appropriate level though. I think when I did them I was undergeared. This game has the strangest leveling/gear system ever. Its like they didn't know how to balance leveling and making things somewhat challenging at the same time. You end up leveling in the middle of quests/event (sometimes even a few times over in the end game) and then your gear is fucking underleveled and you can't upgrade cause your stuck in the middle of a fucking movie.
Yrden + slow/reaction potion makes it pretty easy to parry the guy and tear him up. Quen for safety ofc.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I killed him before his second phase, whirl attack locks him down. On death march @ level 26.
I am more sign focused than melee its kinda split 50/50 - I am 27 now and mucking around Skel looking for places of power and other hidden gems.

I am thinking to go full on Ursine and focus on defensive signs and melee dmg - Who else can sell me the potion to redo my points besides Keira?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I am more sign focused than melee its kinda split 50/50 - I am 27 now and mucking around Skel looking for places of power and other hidden gems.

I am thinking to go full on Ursine and focus on defensive signs and melee dmg - Who else can sell me the potion to redo my points besides Keira?
Some guy in Novigrad and the asshole druid alchemist on Skellige, after you do his quest.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just encountered the high level baselisk not far from Novigrad. Tried it once, died in one shot, reloaded to a save just before I tried, and it aggroed again. Figured I would run since most mobs have a very short leash from their camps. Not this. It shrieked and kept following me. Jumped in lake and swam to town, it continued on and started divebombing the citizens and soldiers in town. Bodies everywhere. 10 minutes in, with soldiers hitting it and witch hunters shooting arrows, and it was at 70% hp and I got too eager and it jumped and hit me. Was fun though to see a mob cause utter chaos. Obviously not intended, because the npc shouts and dialog were more in tune with what they would yell towards me if I went berserk there instead of a giant bird. No idea how the game would turn out though if I had managed to kill it like that. 80% of the marketplace in Novigrad was wiped out. Tempted to see if I can pull it towards the soldier camp at the bottom of the map.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Just encountered the high level baselisk not far from Novigrad. Tried it once, died in one shot, reloaded to a save just before I tried, and it aggroed again. Figured I would run since most mobs have a very short leash from their camps. Not this. It shrieked and kept following me. Jumped in lake and swam to town, it continued on and started divebombing the citizens and soldiers in town. Bodies everywhere. 10 minutes in, with soldiers hitting it and witch hunters shooting arrows, and it was at 70% hp and I got too eager and it jumped and hit me. Was fun though to see a mob cause utter chaos. Obviously not intended, because the npc shouts and dialog were more in tune with what they would yell towards me if I went berserk there instead of a giant bird. No idea how the game would turn out though if I had managed to kill it like that. 80% of the marketplace in Novigrad was wiped out. Tempted to see if I can pull it towards the soldier camp at the bottom of the map.
I have a feeling important NPC are not supposed to die, so if it managed to kill anybody but generic fodder, it's unintended.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have a feeling important NPC are not supposed to die, so if it managed to kill anybody but generic fodder, it's unintended.
Quest/main dudes get back up, not sure if all work this way but when I got Roach "killed" in a similar fashion I meditated for an hour and there he was again in camp, his body dropped no loot either.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Where are some decent saddlebags you can get around L17ish or so. Im trying to remember b/c a friend asked but i have no clue where i got mine. I have 160 weight limit at L28 so i vaguely remember the lower level ones.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Where are some decent saddlebags you can get around L17ish or so. Im trying to remember b/c a friend asked but i have no clue where i got mine. I have 160 weight limit at L28 so i vaguely remember the lower level ones.
Vendor in the Velen main Harbor city near the beggar king.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
After all the bitching about Novigrad, Skellige is awesome. Tracking a monster across half an island while meeting only corpses of an expedition you were supposed to save ? Yes please. That feeling of being helpless against the forces at play palpable in the swamps of Velen is back and I hope it's to stay.

Ran into pretty shitty bug: did Master Armorer in Skellige, then fast travelled to Crow's Perch, but I seem to have lost the ability to mount Roach. It happens even when I reload past save. It's ok in Skellige, but fast travel and I'm limited to walking :-( Anybody has any idea what to do with that one ?

Somebody mentioned that I can do races to get the option back, but I have already finished them.

Can still ride my horse in White Orchard.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
For anyone who failed to get the baron's unique gwent card before completing the "Family Matters" quest

You can find it in his office along with some notes after he disappears

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Skellige, that quest in particular is excellent. The next part as well. I need to go back there as it's easy to leave rather quickly and that island area is pretty interesting if small. I need to head out into the ocean and look for goodies . The next portion of the story is good a well. Hell even novigrad had some good quests, that area just dragged on and on in between which was the problem.

Regardless, suffer through dandelions secondary quest in novingrad so you can get on the carnal line. Totally worth it.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I haven't patched to 1.04 because I am using the mod that reduced required xp per level and it hasn't been updated for the patch. Is there anything in the patch that should make me update the game now before there is an updated mod?

Vorph

Why would you want a mod to make leveling faster in a game which already has you waaaaaaaaaay overleveled just from playing it normally?

Anyway, 1.04 is mostly QoL stuff. The biggest improvement to me is that upgrading witcher gear no longer eats your glyphs and runes.

DMK_sl

shitlord
After putting about 45 hours into the game so far. In my opinion it's one of the best games I've ever played second only to UO. The amount of times I've got caught up in a secondary questing thinking its part of the main story or how well they have interwoven secondary quests into to the main one is really awesome.

There's not really much I'd change other then slightly tighter controls. Other then that I can see why it was given 10/10 from game spot.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Volunteer quest is fucking priceless. Highly recommended. The Troll about had me in tears with the whole situation. Soldiers recruit him into the Army to protect boats from peasants stealing them. Soldiers get drunk and sing, which the Troll takes to be what soldiers do. Peasants come and try to fight the soldiers to steal the boat. While attempting to gently break up the fight... he kills them all.

Since he didn't have a fence to protect the boats with. He smashes the boats up and makes the fence out of them, "boats protect boats!" Then eats all of the bodies because he didn't want them to go to waste all the while talking about how good of a soldier he is. A++. That's just how IT STARTS too!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Skipping the whole coronation questline in Skellige should be criminal, those quests have fucking everything, tracking a monster that leaves corpses in its wake across half an island, baking babies, jarl high on opium and mushrooms, treachery straight out of GoT... Probably better than the whole Keira Metz story, although mostly because you aren't being dragged by your dick by a horny sorceress.

Evernothing

Finished off Keira Metz story last night, you can bet I banged Cinderella. Ain't even mad she was using me.

I wonder where I can get a good Steel Sword? I got Silver Sword Maugrim from the elven temple after the first Wild Hunt guy. Stupid thing is his sword and another steel one I looted there are for lvl 2.....when i completed that quest at lvl 7.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Just keep going, you can get random schematics from chests to get something crafted. Buy every map you see on a merchant to chase the witcher sets, which are easily better than anything you are going to loot since you can craft them once you hit the required level and make your life a lot easier. Normal drops seems to be your lvl -3. There are also generic schematics for blue/yellow gear, which can sometimes be a solid placeholder.

Generally, don't sweat about gear too much unless there's a boss repeatedly 1-2 shotting you, player skill can make up for a lot.