Witcher 3

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
These guys (and a few others) would make more money releasing a movie every few years than developing games. Not that I don't like their games but I'd give (up) a lot for the next 88 minutes of that movie.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's actually made by a polish studio named Platige Image. They also did the king slayer intro for Witcher 2. But yeah an all CGI Witcher movie would seriously kick ass.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
So, I beat Witcher 1 a couple days ago. Started up Witcher 2, but, going to take a while to play it because of nursing school. One thing I did notice was the massive overhaul of the interface. I hate to say it, I think I like the Witcher 1's UI better due to it being simplistic. The second game feels clunky so far. Are there any mods that you guys suggest for Witcher 2? Only mod I used for the first game was Poker Cheat because I kept losing, lol.

Also, I didn't finish the Raven's Armor quest in the first game because at that point, I just wanted to finish it. Am I going to regret not doing it?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No you won't regret it. And I don't understand how you could like the UI in 1 better than 2.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah with the Witcher 2 you have to wait for the animations to complete before you can do anything else. It's kind of lame but you get used to it. By the way make sure you use Quen for bosses. Makes the combat bearable.

For mods get the inventory stacking mod. It will make your life less headache prone.

http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/259//?

And I agree with Tuco, you crazy for preferring the original UI.

Damn I completely forgot about the recent combat mod that was put out by one of the Witcher devs. It supposedly solves the chunkiness though I have not tried it.

http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/index...od&m=show&p=77

Played Witcher 1, didn't finish it. Bought Witcher 2 and played it for a bit but got bored.

About a week ago I decided to replay witcher 2 and finished it, from start to beginning. Now I'm gonna play witcher 1, just to start off on Witcher 2 with a little more items and play a harder mode. Hopefully this'll give me an advantage with Witcher 3, because this game is fucking great. Sure, there's a learning curve for combat maneuvers between the two, and perhaps the combat will even be different in the new Witcher, but this game is pretty immerse in its story.

Technically, never had a problem with inventory (played vanilla skyrim and learned to deal with unintuitive UI elements even though I eventually used mods to deal with it. Wasn't game-breaking for me). Combat maneuvers weren't difficult to adjust to from one game to the other. With The Witcher 2, I was able to focus on what I enjoyed killing things with, though I would imagine anyone Alchemical-based would have a harder time dealing with foes. Hope that will be rectified in the new Witcher game.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Yeah with the Witcher 2 you have to wait for the animations to complete before you can do anything else. It's kind of lame but you get used to it. By the way make sure you use Quen for bosses. Makes the combat bearable.

For mods get the inventory stacking mod. It will make your life less headache prone.

http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/259//?

And I agree with Tuco, you crazy for preferring the original UI.

Damn I completely forgot about the recent combat mod that was put out by one of the Witcher devs. It supposedly solves the chunkiness though I have not tried it.

http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/index...od&m=show&p=77
Playing Witcher 2 again on Dark with the combat mod. I think it would have been better to try the combat mod on regs difficulty, but it's fun nonetheless. Quen as a static shield is gone, but a lot of other things are tweaked. I like it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's a shame they don't license their engine out to other people (at least I assume they don't). What they've managed to accomplish technically is pretty impressive.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider

Sean_sl

shitlord
I hate announcements of announcements and teasers of trailers. Just release the shit already.

Really looking forward to seeing the new trailer when it hits on VGX I guess. Fucking Marketing people.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here's an interview with the main story writer for Witcher 3. He states that the game will be 100 hours, 50 for the main storyline and 50 for the side quests. Boating will require a skill and supposedly you can wreck your boat and drown.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
holy shit that looks good. CD Projekt has swung their massive dick into the uncanny valley, fucked it and got its nudie card.

100 hours from the writer sounds about right. Realistically that probably means 30-40 hours depending on how much bullshit they put into the game. The first two witchers were very cohesive semi-open, semi-linear stories but expanding to a more open world let's them stretch out the content and the player's time more.