Witcher 3

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's funny how that works, isn't it? I've yet to meet a game writer that actually plays games like a gamer, or, more accurately, like the gamer for whom their games are targeted.

I never played the original Witcher, but Witcher 2 was sub 12 hours wasn't it?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nah I remember it being around 30-40 hours. There's also a huge choice you make between two ~10 hour paths.

Witcher1 was around that time but had a lot more pain in the ass stuff to do.

I always wanted to go back and beat Witcher2 again on the hardest non-hardcore difficulty...

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Nah I remember it being around 30-40 hours. There's also a huge choice you make between two ~10 hour paths.

Witcher1 was around that time but had a lot more pain in the ass stuff to do.

I always wanted to go back and beat Witcher2 again on the hardest non-hardcore difficulty...
Ah ya I forgot that I never went back and did the other path (I chose the side of the arab looking dude instead of the rebel elf). I suppose I should fire it up prior to Witcher 3.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I dunno, I usually get pretty close to reported numbers, if not more, from doing *everything* in a game. The only one I remember being way off for me was Curt's hilarious claim that KoA: Reckoning would be like 200 hours and I did it in 75. Then he got pissed and made some nasty remark about it in an interview.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, I usually get pretty close to reported numbers, if not more, from doing *everything* in a game. The only one I remember being way off for me was Curt's hilarious claim that KoA: Reckoning would be like 200 hours and I did it in 75. Then he got pissed and made some nasty remark about it in an interview.
Reported numbers from reviewers maybe. But reported numbers from management months before release? No way.

I think your completion numbers align with marketing's numbers only when there's insufferably tedious and time consuming tasks to get to 100% completion!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Reported numbers from reviewers maybe. But reported numbers from management months before release? No way.

I think your completion numbers align with marketing's numbers only when there's insufferably tedious and time consuming tasks to get to 100% completion!
From what I remember from the statements regarding KOA, I think the devs/Curt stated that their testers/Q&A had clocked completing the game at 100% at 300 hours if you ran everywhere and fast pressed the dialogue, insinuating that the game would take even longer if you listened to the dialogue and maybe not knew the fastest way to the next quest objective.

All the lies.

On topic, this is probably the game that will make me get a next gen console (or, more likely, get a new computer). Not sure if there are any games prior to this that I want bad enough for a new system. Witcher 3 is one of the first RPGs released next gen right?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure but if Witcher2's demands and Witcher3's amazing visuals are any indication I think it's going to be a huge mover for RPG fans to get either a new PC or a new console.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't want to understimate new consoles, but given their track record, PC version will probably look better and we can look towards free DLC eventually ...

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I don't want to understimate new consoles, but given their track record, PC version will probably look better and we can look towards free DLC eventually ...
There is no doubt the PC version will look better. The problem I have is that it will probably take a thousand ++ dollars to get a PC that can take advantage of all the extra bells and whistles of the game compared to the PS4. A console will cost less than half of what I need for a PC that majorly outperforms the PS4. I have a semi-broken laptop at the moment, so can't upgrade it. If I get a PC, I need an entirely new one, so more likely to get a PS4 sometime next year than I am upgrading my computer at the moment.

Hopefully, since The Witcher 3 is made only for next gen, and not ported from PS3/360 as well, it will look good on the next gen consoles as well, not just the pc.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I cannot fucking wait for this game. After seeing this I am going to put off making my new gaming rig till Nvidia releases their new cards. I want to bask in all its glory. Can't believe this is all in game.

tumblr_liebpzbCOv1qdkf2k.gif

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm ok with this being the last Witcher game if it means they'll be switching over to making at least three Cyberpunk games in its place.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'm ok with this being the last Witcher game if it means they'll be switching over to making at least three Cyberpunk games in its place.
Seriously, this. If these guys make Cyberpunk games as good as Witcher 3 looks instead of making another Witcher sequel I am totally down with that.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dude why is the boat rower all blurry? Looks fuckin' dumb. Worst gen graphics.

Seriously, this. If these guys make Cyberpunk games as good as Witcher 3 looks instead of making another Witcher sequel I am totally down with that.
The game seriously looks like an amazing send off for Geralt though. I won't be disappointed.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Think someone goofed the year on the date - I didn't get this 10 mos ago.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
2/15/201313 was the original announcement date for the Witcher 3. I guess someone should update the title with the games real name now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I feel like I Need to beat these... Got the Witcher 1 when it was first released but couldn't make it through the first hour. I want to get this for PS4, so I will beat the first two for PC. How many hours am I looking at if I'm one of those dudes that doesn't really do side quests unless they provide me with necessary godly gear?