Witcher 3

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dude why is the boat rower all blurry? Looks fuckin' dumb. Worst gen graphics.
Weird, I don't remember Witcher 1 using a shitty Bokeh DoF filter. Witcher 2 did though, first thing I shut off every time I installed it along with the other eye cancers known as Bloom and Motion Blur.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Weird, I don't remember Witcher 1 using a shitty Bokeh DoF filter. Witcher 2 did though, first thing I shut off every time I installed it along with the other eye cancers known as Bloom and Motion Blur.
Funny you should say that because I don't remember it either but the remark was a joke reference to a multi-page argument in the xbox/ps4 thread hehe. After doing some internetz research it appears that first one did have a DOF effect used in cut scenes and if I remember correctly the rowing scene was a cut scene that happened each time you went to the swamps. Currently reinstalling witcher 2 to start playing around with redkit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I feel like I Need to beat these... Got the Witcher 1 when it was first released but couldn't make it through the first hour. I want to get this for PS4, so I will beat the first two for PC. How many hours am I looking at if I'm one of those dudes that doesn't really do side quests unless they provide me with necessary godly gear?
It's not so much about the gear as it is about interesting characters and stories, take your time and do all the quests. I honestly have no idea how long would it take to do main storyline only and I'm pretty sure you can watch a Let's play instead.

Troll_sl

shitlord
If they can finally get the controls to feel like you're not riding a retarded donkey through molasses, I may be interested. Otherwise, fuck them.

Vorph

Same here. They said in interviews that they were shooting for a combat system similar to Demon's Souls and what they actually produced fell quite short of that mark. Likewise, Dark mode and the other changes that accompanied it in the 2.0 patch improved the game a lot, but at the same time the new challenge level often felt artificial and there were too many cheap deaths. Then you start crafting the item sets exclusive to the mode and suddenly it's just about trivial again. I wanted to like Dark, but at the same time I've never been able to force myself to complete the game again on that setting.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Don't care about the naysayer, I'm in full hype-mode. CD Projekt will save videogames, that is an indisputible fact. Also, I found combat in the second game to be much improved; the awfully slow UI with it's sitting animation every time you wanted to drink a potion was REALLY annoying though.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
They took over a game called They a few years ago and plan to finish it in the near future. It looked fucking horrible at the time so I'm hoping they scrap it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Funny you should say that because I don't remember it either but the remark was a joke reference to a multi-page argument in the xbox/ps4 thread hehe. After doing some internetz research it appears that first one did have a DOF effect used in cut scenes and if I remember correctly the rowing scene was a cut scene that happened each time you went to the swamps. Currently reinstalling witcher 2 to start playing around with redkit.
Never heard ofREDKituntil you mentioned it. Let us know what you think and if there's any really good mods.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If they can finally get the controls to feel like you're not riding a retarded donkey through molasses, I may be interested. Otherwise, fuck them.
Try playing it with a controller? Found it WAY more enjoyable.

Vorph

I used a controller for all my post-2.0 attempts at getting through Dark mode and it was ok, but still very disappointing that CDPR never updated the PC gamepad controls to be exactly like the 360's much-improved configuration.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Try playing it with a controller? Found it WAY more enjoyable.
The Witcher 2's combat was great on a controller for sure (at least on the X360 where it was built from the ground up for it). Action-RPGs like this are just meant to be played on one.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_52445.jpg

Needs more RPMs.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
They love the PC masterrace, and hence create their shit to be bad ass as possible, and yeah that looks amazing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oculus rift brings 2x scene rendering, so your computer will be double fucked in witcher3!