Witcher 3

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dont lie I've seen your Trophies bro.
I guess it depends on what you call a "sandbox." I wouldn't say DA:I qualifies, for instance. (I assume those are the trophies you're referring to.)

I suppose I could have just said that I despise Bethesda's games and my hope is that TW3 has almost nothing in common with Skyrim.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I guess it depends on what you call a "sandbox." I wouldn't say DA:I qualifies, for instance. (I assume those are the trophies you're referring to.)

I suppose I could have just said that I despise Bethesda's games and my hope is that TW3 has almost nothing in common with Skyrim.
Haha and I am like the opposite of you but hey we agree on almost all other games generally throughout the years.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The only ps4 game I've seen with video options is ff14 let's you choose like regular HD and ultra HD. I think it's 720p or 1080p
Wait a minute where the heck is that option? And what's the default?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I have to go to the doctor. These Witcher 3 reviews just gave me an erection lasting longer than 4 hours.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wait a minute where the heck is that option? And what's the default?
Its in one of the settings, can't remember the menu. I know on mine the default was set to the highest quality. I think you can turn it off in raids for better performance.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I actually have a boxed copy pre-ordered, hopefully it's not going to be a pain in the ass to install. I still have to install my optic drive though, I picked one up about a month ago at the same time I pre-ordered the box copy but have yet to install it, hopefully it works great or else I'll have to run off to walmart, buy some cheap ass $60 one and hopefully just return it the next day lol. Either way, I have Wednesday Off, so I plan to install it & play tuesday night, play all day wednesday, unfortunately then I work, but I'm tempted to take the next two days off because then the wknd is memorial day so it's extra long...

Ughhh, the choices! Can't wait!!!

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Reviews sound fantastic. The exploration and 'named' monster hunting is mentioned as a huge plus...my favorite thing about RPGs. My only question though is what about the no monster level scaling vs. loot scaling? We debated it here a bit, but I can't find a single review that even mentions it (only watched gametrailers, gamespot, IGN). If it wasn't mentioned I am hoping it means it's a non-issue!

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Wow, reviews have me excited for this. I don't remember the last time a company had so much swag and good reviews and we haven't even launched the game yet.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Reviews sound fantastic. The exploration and 'named' monster hunting is mentioned as a huge plus...my favorite thing about RPGs. My only question though is what about the no monster level scaling vs. loot scaling? We debated it here a bit, but I can't find a single review that even mentions it (only watched gametrailers, gamespot, IGN). If it wasn't mentioned I am hoping it means it's a non-issue!
The gamespot review said something about increasing the difficulty a bit to compensate ot leveling things.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I can't wait! Pre-ordered it for the PS4 awhile back. I regret not ordering the CE when it was announced.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played w3 yet, but if it's anything like w2 there's no need to play w1 unless you enjoy it. The backstory and library of characters in Witcher isn't massive like Bioware games where Mass Effect 3 was just a sequence of visiting previously introduced characters and stories.

Column_sl

shitlord
Looking at them play today, Its exactly like witcher 2 with better graphics.

Even has those funky animations when the hero does the spin move.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Is it worth playing Witcher 1 & 2 before this one? I have a vague memory of them being meh-ish.
Nah just wikipedia the plot for both so you can get caught up. There is a character or two this will revolve around from what I hear based on previous characters and development, but I am sure they did a good job explaining the back story in case you never played them. At least it will get you caught up with the universe itself if you read those.

Column_sl

shitlord
What kind of crazy person watches someone else play this game now?
I doubt there watching his whole gameplay lol. Probly like myself watched it for 5 min to see some combat then logged off. It's also a chat room so anyone in there longer then that is just talking about the game with other people.

Guy had over 3k viewers earlier.

Same thing as people putting a whole game up on youtube, no difference.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
Ah perfect! Can't wait to get my hands on it
smile.png