Witcher 3

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Actually we kind of do :
YouTube, again? Really?

Edit: And it's another 720p at that. FFS...

I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding here about what it means when CDPR says that all versions of the game use the same textures. Yes, they're all the same 2048x2048 textures. They've got more than enough space on the bluray, no reason not to use it. That doesn't mean that every quality setting is actually going to load all the textures at full resolution however. Ultra has 800MB of texture memory to use, and should be able to load all the textures it needs at full resolution all the time. Consoles will likely have around 300MB (~PC Medium) to work with. That pretty much guarantees that there will be lots of areas where the textures exceed the budget and they will be downsampled to 1024x1024, or even 512x512. And yes, it also means that if you cherry pick low traffic areas, especially indoors, there will be places where the consoles can load them all in just like ultra settings can.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
been funny reading all this Im gonna be pissed threaten legal action BS last couple pages. Surprised you even bother to reply Vorph

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Twitch

Cohhcarnage is streaming now. PC version, opened options menu, everything is on, including the "uber" hair.

Watched him start it, he is now past the tutorial.

- Loading times are around 2 seconds compared to the 10+ on the console.
- The gif shown earlier, that was heavily blurred while standing on the balcony in the tutorial, it is not like that on the PC. Visuals did not blur while moving, and his motion blur was on.
- Stuff that I said earlier from the german stream.

Overall though, visuals from PC to console, with hair on, it is not a remarkable change. Seems more like a GTA 5 from PS4 to PC than GTA 5 from PS3 to PC. More foliage, view distance, better colors, but overall very similar. Also, he got stutters at first, but turning off V-synch made it smooth, so his PC has no problems with keeping up a high framerate with the hyped hair setting on. If you can play DA:I on high, you can most likely play this on high as well.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Optical drive installed, pre-order is suppose to arrive here sometime on Tuesday. The 19th is going to be a hell of a long day at work, thank god I have Wednesday off though, 24 hours of witcher?!?!
biggrin.png

Is there any idea how many dvds this game is going to be on lol. I haven't bought a hard copy PC game for a looooooooong time, but gotta support these guys so why the hell not.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Optical drive installed, pre-order is suppose to arrive here sometime on Tuesday. The 19th is going to be a hell of a long day at work, thank god I have Wednesday off though, 24 hours of witcher?!?!
biggrin.png

Is there any idea how many dvds this game is going to be on lol. I haven't bought a hard copy PC game for a looooooooong time, but gotta support these guys so why the hell not.
Then why didn't you buy it directly from gog.com ?
biggrin.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
been funny reading all this Im gonna be pissed threaten legal action BS last couple pages. Surprised you even bother to reply Vorph
I know, combination of being bored like everyone else waiting for 1900EST tomorrow and not being at home so I couldn't be working on one last playthrough of TW2.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
choices....about 1/3 of the way through chapter 3 of witcher 1. Can't decide if I should finish 1 and then 2 or when 3 comes out to just jump right in.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Personally, I'd dive right in to 3 when it releases. But I'm the kind of guy who never played Dark Souls until he beat Dark Soul 2.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I personally am avoiding GoG as much as possible from now on due to their slow patching. Sucks too because I do no like Steam.
Since CDprojekt is behind gog.com, I think patches on gog should arrive first of all platforms, if there are ever relevant delays. GoG Galaxy client also offers rollback in case the patch breaks the game.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
Ugh I gave Witcher 1 another go but the horrible combat system was not for me, so I ended up watching a summary on Youtube and started with Witcher 2 instead. Hoping I have time to finish it today or tomorrow before i boot up Witcher 3 :)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I'll be interested to see what this Day 1 patch does for the graphical settings. Even with the patch that the streamers had last night, it seems view distance was still hit pretty hard compared to before, along with a lot of the particle effects. Still fired up to play it tonight and check it out myself. Going to be fun regardless, but it's time to see how bad they screwed the pooch on the PC version without letting everyone know about it ahead of time.