Witcher 3

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */
8MB RAM
NVidi aGTX 560 Ti
here.... runs like shit. Lots of popin. I manually put it at 60fps locked.
Textures are all over the place. great one second. complete shit the next. or at the same time.
Shadows and light are shit.
Benchmarks come out similar.

Plays yes. does it look great? no.
Its your graphics card, time to upgrade.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Just started last night on PS4, i have 1 complaint, and I want to see if it's just me, or my tv or what... but the text on screen is annoyingly small and even seems hazy? I can't read half the crap on the screen :/

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No. 95% of my dodges are the skip step ones. Very rarely do I roll. Combat is quite fluid so far.
When I was fighting the Griffin I would dodge away from his attacks and it there would be a delay between when I performed the action and would get swiped by his wing.

Going to try Bond's fix and see if that fixes it. It's frustrating because it isn't fluid at all. Maybe it's different on mouse and keyboard for you?

Zugarific

Molten Core Raider
Just started last night on PS4, i have 1 complaint, and I want to see if it's just me, or my tv or what... but the text on screen is annoyingly small and even seems hazy? I can't read half the crap on the screen :/
Same problem. I have to get up to read item descriptions. Pretty annoying

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone here playing this game on PC with Dual Shock 4 controller ? I'm looking for opinions.
I useDS4Windows; it's better than InputMapper and has no ads. I connect via Bluetooth except when the controller needs charging, and it works perfectly. Latency shows as about 2ms almost all the time.

In addition to the default controls, I have a TW3 profile set up for the touchpad that binds Igni to left press, Quen to right press, Aard to upper press, map to swipe up, and inventory to swipe down.

When I was fighting the Griffin I would dodge away from his attacks and it there would be a delay between when I performed the action and would get swiped by his wing.

Going to try Bond's fix and see if that fixes it. It's frustrating because it isn't fluid at all. Maybe it's different on mouse and keyboard for you?
I quickstep dodge 95% of the time too. I pretty much never step backwards though, that's just asking to get stunlocked and killed on Death March. I try to sidestep so that I end up able to backstab after the enemy's attack misses.

I'm going to test out that LeftStickSensitivity thing this morning too. (Edit: That setting doesn't appear to be used at all. Set it to 1.0 and noticed no difference, so I backed out and loaded the game twice more with it set to 10.0 and 0.1. Nothing changed with any of them.)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Playing on Xbox controller is the way to go. Control is a bit wonky though for reasons already mentioned. But love the game so far. Took me a bit to realize that shit you craft replenishes on sleep. But that's nice because fuck constantly crafting stuff.

Still in the first area though. Just now reaching the Griffin.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here playing this game on PC with Dual Shock 4 controller ? I'm looking for opinions.
I can't give a good compare and contrast with the kb/m controls as I just dove right in with the DS4, but the controller is fine for me. Since I'm right in front of my keyboard anyway I still use it to quickly navigate to my map (m) and quests (j). I find it easier to use go through a shop's inventory with a mouse too.

I could definitely see how switching back and forth between controller and kb/m could be called jarring, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Edit: I'm assuming the reason we get the "Last time on The Witcher!" animation every time we load is to discourage save scumming? Kind of annoying that it's unskippable.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Mine loads so fast it barely plays which sometimes is annoying because I'll want to hear the whole thing

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Edit: I'm assuming the reason we get the "Last time on The Witcher!" animation every time we load is to discourage save scumming? Kind of annoying that it's unskippable.
I have noticed that the long load times happen when you reload from a prior save while load times between sections in the game are very fast, only lasting a few seconds. I am guessing anything that reloads the games state causes the long intro. And is that really dandeliions voice? WTF happened to it? I thought it was vessimir.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Just as heads up, I think I screwed up something that can be avoided:

I never made a "Dancing Star" bomb before I got the Enhanced version of the recipe. The enhanced version requires a Dancing Star bomb as an ingredient....the problem is, it seems that the enhanced version *replaces* the original base version in the Alchemy list. So now it seems I can't make (and don't have any of) the original Dancing Star bomb at all, and thus will never be able to make the Enhanced and Superior versions also.

Does anyone know any way around that?

If not, I recommend folks go out of their way to get the original versions of all the alchemy recipes even if they never intend to use them so the upgraded versions will still be available later.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I useDS4Windows; it's better than InputMapper and has no ads. I connect via Bluetooth except when the controller needs charging, and it works perfectly. Latency shows as about 2ms almost all the time.

In addition to the default controls, I have a TW3 profile set up for the touchpad that binds Igni to left press, Quen to right press, Aard to upper press, map to swipe up, and inventory to swipe down.
That's what I used to use, then one day it updated itself to inputmapper. It worked, so I didn't care.

Downloaded dswindows now though, but how do you make the profile set up for in game actions? Whenever I touch the touchpad on the DS4, it registers as a mouse movement giving the message "control type changed, Keyboard and mouse".

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have found no less than three pop culture references so far, to include pulp fictions bring out the gimp dialogue.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That's what I used to use, then one day it updated itself to inputmapper. It worked, so I didn't care.

Downloaded dswindows now though, but how do you make the profile set up for in game actions? Whenever I touch the touchpad on the DS4, it registers as a mouse movement giving the message "control type changed, Keyboard and mouse".
Not sure about DS4Windows, but with InputMapper you can make macros. Just macro the gestures or touch regions to the appropriate keys for what you're trying to do (swipe up to "J" to open the quest log, for example).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I have found no less than three pop culture references so far, to include pulp fictions bring out the gimp dialogue.
LOL yeah I caught a few like that too. The gimp dialogue caught me off guard as I was in full on detective mode. This may not be Skyrim in terms of its open world gameplay, but the more guided experience allows for little moments like this that break up the tension and allow more comfortable pacing. I much prefer the feel of the gentle guidance of the developer's hand over the paralyzed indecision (stemming from too many choices) I feel when I play Bethesda's games.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Stopping for a break now. That golem... he hurts. Think I know how to beat him, just that the damage output doesn't really give room for mistakes. I find the quests better than Skyrims so far. Will see how it holds up over time though. Picked up a level 33 quest, and I just got level 5 after 11 hours.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I keep half expecting the LA Noire xylophone sound note to go off when I am doing my "crime scene" investigations lol.