Witcher 3

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's one of the other issues I've had - The witcher gear is so good I crafted the superior griffin set at like ~16 and have yet to find/buy/craft anything better and I'm now 28. Also, money is so much not an issue later on that haggling, contracts, and loot become pointless. I'll probably finish off my current game and wait for a really good balance/overhaul mod to pop up before I go all in for another full play through.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So just wondering if I pass on the ?? quests will I still be able to get designs and crafting components? I just started the game but when I went to those bandit camps I always found either a recipe or crafting component that i could use. Seems those areas have some decent loot for crafting. I just want to avoid any quests that are not going to be beneficial. Thanks lots of good info here and really enjoying the game so far. Its doesn't run bad on my GTX 670 but starting to look at better video cards for my PC. Any recommendations on a good card to run this game on Ultra?
I have a single gtx970.

I run Ultra everything, except High Shadows, High Foliage Distance.

I have HairFX on for all.

1080p I run 55-60 fps all the time.

I also let SweetFX do all my post-processing.

Killswitch

N00b
I have a single gtx970.

I run Ultra everything, except High Shadows, High Foliage Distance.

I have HairFX on for all.

1080p I run 55-60 fps all the time.

I also let SweetFX do all my post-processing.
Seems like 970 is the best buy for me right now. Not ready to invest in 4k gaming right now so this will probably my choice. Thanks for the info!

Evernothing

Seems like 970 is the best buy for me right now. Not ready to invest in 4k gaming right now so this will probably my choice. Thanks for the info!
I did change HairFX AA setting in the .ini for 8 instead of 16 as well. You can't really see a difference, but it can save you like 8fps.

Vorph

That's one of the other issues I've had - The witcher gear is so good I crafted the superior griffin set at like ~16 and have yet to find/buy/craft anything better and I'm now 28. Also, money is so much not an issue later on that haggling, contracts, and loot become pointless. I'll probably finish off my current game and wait for a really good balance/overhaul mod to pop up before I go all in for another full play through.
I've found it fairly easy to replace witcher gear with relics, especially the swords. It's a hell of a long time between crafting upgrades.

I did change HairFX AA setting in the .ini for 8 instead of 16 as well. You can't really see a difference, but it can save you like 8fps.
Default is 8, 4 is the lowest you want to go for Hair AA.

Also,Hairworks on everything but Geraltworks great because HairWorks looks like shit on Geralt and causes massive frame drops whenever the camera zooms in on him. Using that mod, I can get away with turning on HairWorks with my AMD card.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I might give that a try. Getting a 20fps drop so I can zoom in on Geralt's hair is comical. And it doesn't even look good. It looks like someone has a fan blowing on him at all times.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
New Quest and Gwent Cards Coming This Week

New 'Witcher 3' Quest and Gwent Cards
The Fool's Gold quest and Ballad Heroes card set will be added into the game later this week.

This week, we learned that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has already sold more than 4 million copies in just two weeks, as well as receiving a warm critical response. CD Project Red has delivered a game that goes above and beyond to please fans, and the studio is set to continue on with that strategy with free DLC.
It's already been confirmed that Wild Hunt will receive large paid expansions further down the line, but for now there's going to be some bite-sized content drops to keep the game fresh in the interim. Some more of the free content scheduled to be added into the game is set to release this week.

Players will have access to a new quest that sees Geralt attempt to solve the mystery of 'an abandoned village inhabited entirely by pigs'. Given the gritty setting of The Witcher, it'll be interesting to see whether or not this plotline keeps up the humorous tone of that description.
Following the update, you'll be able to start this quest by visiting Lurtch village in No Man's Land. According to a report from GameSpot, talking to the NPCs who invite the player character for food will trigger the events necessary for Geralt to find the village in question.
As well as this new quest, players will also be able to expand their deck for the in-universe card game Gwent. The surprisingly deep activity has quickly become one of the most popular features of Wild Hunt - perhaps CD Projekt Red has a challenger to the massive player base of Blizzard's Hearthstone if the studio considers a spin-off.
The Gwent cards comprise a set called 'Ballad Heroes'. Rather than being completely new, they're actually alternate skins for cards depicting notable in-game characters like Geralt and Triss. Players will have access to the set as soon as they start a game of Gwent following the update.
This content is free to all players, across all platforms. The Wild Hunt expansion pass caters to the lengthier contented scheduled to release at a later date, starting with 'Hearts of Stone' in October. Combined with the content already released, CD Projekt Red has plans to release sixteen free pieces of content for the game before the end of July.

Evernothing

I've found it fairly easy to replace witcher gear with relics, especially the swords. It's a hell of a long time between crafting upgrades.

Default is 8, 4 is the lowest you want to go for Hair AA.

Also,Hairworks on everything but Geraltworks great because HairWorks looks like shit on Geralt and causes massive frame drops whenever the camera zooms in on him. Using that mod, I can get away with turning on HairWorks with my AMD card.
Mine must be at 4 then, can't check as I'm at work.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Hit level 32 tonight, I'm in full Mastercrafted Ursine armour and weapons, since I went with heavy armour and strong attack build which worked pretty well for me. The Ursine armour is pretty cool looking, the Mastercrafted looking really really nice.

I think I'm fairly close to the end now, it's a really great story so far...I hope the ending doesn't disappoint.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
No it definitely doesn't
smile.png

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just got to Imlerith. That was kind of an annoying fight that reminded me of how we had to play in Witcher 2.

I don't think I have it in me to go look up all those far out points of interest in Skellige. As they are SO far out there and need to be reached by boat only. I might though I guess. Shame that loot is so meaningless that it makes going into Monster dens/smugglers/bandits camps/etc not worth it usually. Just casually looting shit you will have more mats than you know what to do with.

Are there any gems out there that just need to be seen though?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The durability mechanic in this game is fucking stupid. I absolutely hate having to travel back to a bigger town every other quest just to repair my weapons.

Vorph

Gold is worthless for anything else, so just buy repair kits and problem solved.

I hated durability at first too, but looking at my inventory now I have like 50+ kits of different varieties, and that's without ever buying any. I actually assumed they had toned it down in one of the patches because I so rarely see my swords drop below 50% anymore.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I went from velen to skelli, have yet to even step foot into novagrad and just got back to Kaern Morhen, do I need to go to novagrad? I just looked up the names of these places and still can't remember the spellings...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How did you get to Skellige without going to Novigrad to pay the Captain guy?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Novigrad kinda is in/part of velen, so you were probably in and out of there quite a bit and didn't even realize it. You can't get to skellige and advance the plot to kaer morhen w/o going there afiak