Witcher 3

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Patch 1.07 is out and the new controls are fantastic. I couldn't really tell a difference at first but once you're running around tight areas and get in to combat it feels so much more responsive. The stash, weight, and book tab are all welcome too.

Awesome game.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Music was one of the best parts of the game.
It's funny that you say this because there were times that I felt like the music was one of the worst parts of the game. There were some emotional scenes during quests when the music would get loud, in your face, and fast paced and I'd just think "WTF??" Totally killed the ambiance. As a whole, I felt like the music was -okay- but there is more than one moment that sticks out in my mind that I wanted to turn the music off.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Patch 1.07 is out and the new controls are fantastic. I couldn't really tell a difference at first but once you're running around tight areas and get in to combat it feels so much more responsive. The stash, weight, and book tab are all welcome too.

Awesome game.
Just checked the steam version and it's still 1.06. Wonder if they'll push it out on a weekend?

Argarth

On the verandah

Awesome game.
That is great to hear. With so many other games to play, I'd put this aside waiting for the rumoured "big patch" to land. Time to jump in.

DMK_sl

shitlord
90 hours in. I think I've got the last section of the story left and I don't want the game to end. So I'm going around completing every quest and contract. What a fucken game. Truly a masterpiece as I've said. Hope the expansions are like old school ones.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm not sure how close I am towards the end, but I kinda screwed myself a little bit(for quest exp)

So I got to the point to where I needed to rescue Ciri from the Island and then defend Kaer Morhen from the Wild Hunt. I still had a ton of side quests, witcher contracts, etc to do, but I was around level 25 and getting a little bored, so I decided to advance the main storyline a little bit. So I do the quests where you gather up all the allies, then go get allies, then get Ciri, and do the big battle at the Keep.

Goddamn, like every step of that quest advanced me a level and all of a sudden a couple hours later I'm like level 31. Just jumped right from 25 to 31 and a TON of my side quests went grey on me :/ Didn't really expect that at all.

Also, how close to the end am I, I did the keep defense, and then killed off one of the Wild Hunt and the 3 witches on the top of that mountain? Just curious if I should go ahead and do all the side stuff I want to do now because the game is about to end, or if there's still a LOT left.

Surn

Molten Core Raider
I'm not sure how close I am towards the end, but I kinda screwed myself a little bit(for quest exp)

So I got to the point to where I needed to rescue Ciri from the Island and then defend Kaer Morhen from the Wild Hunt. I still had a ton of side quests, witcher contracts, etc to do, but I was around level 25 and getting a little bored, so I decided to advance the main storyline a little bit. So I do the quests where you gather up all the allies, then go get allies, then get Ciri, and do the big battle at the Keep.

Goddamn, like every step of that quest advanced me a level and all of a sudden a couple hours later I'm like level 31. Just jumped right from 25 to 31 and a TON of my side quests went grey on me :/ Didn't really expect that at all.

Also, how close to the end am I, I did the keep defense, and then killed off one of the Wild Hunt and the 3 witches on the top of that mountain? Just curious if I should go ahead and do all the side stuff I want to do now because the game is about to end, or if there's still a LOT left.
You're in the final act of the game, but you do get a ton of freedom to complete sidequests all the way up to the end. The home stretch of the story is incredibly obvious too, so you don't have to worry about it sneaking up on you.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finally, after eight years, built myself a new PC. This was the first game I bought and so far I'm really enjoying it. Question though: is it possible, or realistic rather, to complete every side quest and discover all the unknown areas? Or will that result in me out leveling the main story line? I'm a huge completionist when it comes to games like these and will be bummed if it's a waste of time to approach the game the way I'd really like to.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There are mods on witcher nexus that will let you turn down the exp gain if you want to go full completionist. So to answer your question, yes you'll out level everything well before you're done the side quests.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I finally, after eight years, built myself a new PC. This was the first game I bought and so far I'm really enjoying it. Question though: is it possible, or realistic rather, to complete every side quest and discover all the unknown areas? Or will that result in me out leveling the main story line? I'm a huge completionist when it comes to games like these and will be bummed if it's a waste of time to approach the game the way I'd really like to.
Unless they have changed something, the majority of XP you get will be from the main quests. I found that side quests and exploration, while certainly leveled me up, didn't go too nuts. If it gets too easy while doing the side quests, exploration, etc - just amp up the difficulty. Some of the Side Quests are better than the main quest.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

I found this take on the game rather interesting, the parallel to the hard boiled detective never occured to me. Shame the guy feels the need to hide behind the Yathzee gimmick, since his topics are usually interesting on their own.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I found this take on the game rather interesting, the parallel to the hard boiled detective never occured to me. Shame the guy feels the need to hide behind the Yathzee gimmick, since his topics are usually interesting on their own.
Thanks for that. It all dawns on me now that I was playing a detective the entire time. Flip side is .. I actually enjoyed it.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good news, New Game+ coming soon'ish. Will be last free DLC.

• Enemies will be stronger obviously.
  • What carries over? Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies) and alchemy recipes.
  • When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.
  • You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.
  • What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+? The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.

Gamespot News Link