Witcher 3

HUH_sl

shitlord
$20. Hearts of Stone is like 7 bucks right now. Most DLC of this type clocks in at around 15dollars for 5 hours of content so it's hard to complain.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Publishing deal I can understand, even Valve partnered with EA for their retail stuff. Bought out would be a fucking joke and kill any trust gamers had in the studio. It also makes no sense from my point of view, since they have their full inhouse pipeline, so their development doesn't benefit from Frostbite OR Origin.

I mean they have the Cyberpunk RPG to work on for the next ~3 years and while W3 must have cost a truckload of money, hopefully they got their money back and more.

TBH I think it's a clickbait from the source

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I read an article right after the game launched that said the game cost something like $34 million, which is one-third to one-half the cost of a lot of major releases.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
hope its not true but rumor on neogaf that EA may be buying the makers of witcher
Rumor ? CD Projekt RED To Sign A Publishing Deal Or Be Bought By Electronic Arts - NeoGAF

other possibility is contracting them to make a star wars RPG ala kotor. That seems very unlikely given that they.. you know.. own bioware, the makes of KOTOR and SWTOR
I guess enough money changes everything, but it would go against their previous statements of them being very happy that they are in the rare position of being a developer with the ability to self publish. EA buying the whole company (including GOG I guess) would then make more sense than signing on with EA just to publish.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I read an article right after the game launched that said the game cost something like $34 million, which is one-third to one-half the cost of a lot of major releases.
Cost $81 million to make.

6 million + sales so far.

$62.5 million Net Profit so far.

The Witcher 3's $81 Million Budget & Sales Figures Breakdown

Regarding that EA rumor:

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/643441015244853248

rrr_img_109692.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
I really need to take some time and play through this whole game one day. People say it is really good.

The patch they just announced is 13 pages long

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Is that included in my seasons pass? I am in the same boat as Column, bought it but yet to give it the time it deserves. My backlog is sick.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, it sits at the top of my list as the best game I have ever played.

The only problem is that it takes 70-100 hours to finish the main story and all the sidequests, so it's a bit intimidating to start.

The definitive version is obviously going to be even better, but there is NG+ now to make another playthrough sufficiently different.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
This is a slow fucking game. I have played a million hours and i am still only lvl11. Reminded me a bit pace-wise of the original Witcher which was a bore most of the time. I am going to finish it ..someday i guess, but so far while good i think it has been inferior to Witcher 2, which was a tighter experience. Quantity cannot supplant quality i suppose.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Most of the leveling comes from the main storyline quests. The sidequests give shit all XP and will barely get you anything but gold/gear etc..

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
The story is worth it. If your finding it too long just skip anything white on the map and do yellow quests only as those are the ones that will generally have a good story pay off.

Even some of the "random" monster hunt yellow quests have some great conclusions and the main story is fantastic.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
As much as I love Witcher 3, I am not yet content starved enough to want to play the expac. I'll wait until I get through Fallout 4 before I touch the DLC for this.

Vorph

Yeah, I don't see myself revisiting TW3 until both DLCs are out.

Plus AFAIK they still have never addressed the complete lack of balance in the game. Skills are either vastly overpowered or completely useless with little middle ground. People over at Nexus have asked me to update the XP fixes for the latest version of the game, so it doesn't appear the broken story progression was ever truly fixed either. Quests still go grey no matter what you do, Skellige has quests that are guaranteed to be grey by the time you get there, etc.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
First expansion DLC is out now. 2.1 gigs, which seems fairly small considering the last patch was 6 gigs.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'd have to agree, I enjoyed playing through and its a very good game but not something I can play again so soon. A bit on the linear side for that.

sukik

Same as the others I don't feel the itch to jump right back into Witcher 3. The ending I got left me feeling that Geralt's story was complete so I probably won't do the DLC until a second play-through, which is going to be awhile.