Witcher 3

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Keeps getting better. Probably 3/4 through. Mutagen experiments ftw.

Also look for the dead space Easter egg +1

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So apparently a patch between HoS and BW has 14GB ? +7 GB of BW on top, jesus what the hell are they doing.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Adds option in Options/Gameplay to enable enemy level upscaling. If foes are too easy to defeat due to level difference, upscaling will render them a challenge. Change will not affect experience point gain, loot, or quest rewards. Option can be enabled or disabled at any time, even during combat (however, Vitality/Essence of foes is then fully restored).

So, am I reading this right? Just makes foes harder but you don't gain the exp for your level? So, If I fight a lvl 1 foe at lvl 30 whos been upscaled I will only give lvl 1 exp? Sounds like a waist of time, if so.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, CDPR makes fantastic games but I'd swear they recruited the people responsible for balancing difficulty and xp gain from Bethesda.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The way the quests are laid out almost gave me PTSD. I just couldn't let a quest go unfinished and it pissed me off there was literally no way to do them all before at least one or two went grey.

I mean it's not a logical complaint, having more quests than you need. But it did give me fits.

Vorph

The quest/xp system is so bizarre. Not only are quest levels fairly arbitrary, with some quests placed in areas where they are guaranteed to be grey, but you can't just do entire series at once if you want to keep most of them green+. You end up doing step 1 of quest A, step 1 of quest B, step 1 of quest C, step 2 of quest A, etc.

There are still quests in the game which have a different reward level than the level that displays in your quest log, so even though it says it's green, it could still be grey when it comes time to hand it in for your reward.

Also, if you finish the main story then all quest xp is reduced by 50% for any quests you didn't complete, so make sure that the main quest is the absolute last thing you do. That particular line of code checks for HoS content and exempts it from the penalty, but unless they flagged B&W quests with the same thing as HoS then it looks like you get 50% xp for all quests in the new DLC if you do it after finishing the main game. I didn't feel like opening up the quest table to look at the flags, so I just disabled this check entirely in my own version of an "Always Get Quest XP" mod. It may or may not actually affect the unmodded game.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
And here I am lvl 38 at the start of BW and lvl 41 few hours in. I have no idea why you keep bitching about something the game is clearly designed with in mind.

Vorph

I don't know, maybe read the first paragraph of my previous post again?

The rest I just think is poorly thought out design, regardless of whether or not it actually has a huge impact in the long run. Also, the other part of my "bitching" is that I find the game extremely easy, and dislike it when I have to intentionally gimp myself in a RPG to get a challenge. I want a game to make me carefully construct a build, get the best equipment, and do all the quests/side quests so that I'm strong enough to beat it, not avoid some or all of those things because they make it trivial.

Edit: Do you play on Death March? The vast majority of xp in the game comes from doing quests, and DM imposes a -20% penalty across the board.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well, that would make Death March better in that perspective, less grey quests. I played through the initial game and the first DLC on Death March and I am level 43. I have yet to download and play the latest DLC.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
While I am digging the main storyline and it is classic witcher, the side quests are a bit dull and too flippant. I understand why as I recall when Geralt visited in the books it was sort of in the same vein but man do I prefer the dark witcher stories. Right now I am only doing the sidequests before I over level them too much but man are they a drag sometimes.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
I don't know, maybe read the first paragraph of my previous post again?

The rest I just think is poorly thought out design, regardless of whether or not it actually has a huge impact in the long run. Also, the other part of my "bitching" is that I find the game extremely easy, and dislike it when I have to intentionally gimp myself in a RPG to get a challenge. I want a game to make me carefully construct a build, get the best equipment, and do all the quests/side quests so that I'm strong enough to beat it, not avoid some or all of those things because they make it trivial.

Edit: Do you play on Death March? The vast majority of xp in the game comes from doing quests, and DM imposes a -20% penalty across the board.
You're tough!!! Death March is easy after you leave White Orchard. Who fucking cares.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So I was leve 49 in my new game plus from months ago.

This drops and now I have to be 65 to play the new content

So I tried starting the new standalone game which I actually like a lot. But I have no recipes and shit and by the time I regain them I would need to play 20 hours of old content.

Any pointers?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished it. Amazing and perfect ending to the Witcher series.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I was leve 49 in my new game plus from months ago.

This drops and now I have to be 65 to play the new content

So I tried starting the new standalone game which I actually like a lot. But I have no recipes and shit and by the time I regain them I would need to play 20 hours of old content.

Any pointers?
Do you not have the old save files from before you started NG+? At least on PC you can have hundreds of save files. Might be worth scrolling through those towards the end of your first playthrough if you have them. Unless you're someone who overwrites every save. I have no idea how saves work on console though.....

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Do you not have the old save files from before you started NG+? At least on PC you can have hundreds of save files. Might be worth scrolling through those towards the end of your first playthrough if you have them. Unless you're someone who overwrites every save. I have no idea how saves work on console though.....
Yeah I was an asshole overwriting files constantly.

I have some really old ones from like halfway through my first play through that I could use.

But I did find that the perfume vendor guy near the palace sells all the bomb and potion books. So I will have to do a bit of farming to get the ingredients since I have a very limited inventory from the new game, but I can get them all.

Now getting my dedoctions caught up will be a huge pain, but I suppose I can work a different build.

I had been rocking an alchemy build with bombs, decoration and. Oils. I could probably work back towards some signs since these new mutations for aard are fucking amazing.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
Didn't play Hearts of Stone, so i had some downloading to do before i could play Blood and Wine (i was at 1.08).

Anyone else think that the movement has changed drastically compared to the original? Feels more...jittery? Dunno, might be me.

Also, i keep trying to two hand my sword, but it doesn't work :/