Witcher 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Unless the contract was sloppily written, there’s no way this would even go to court in the US. Hopefully Poland’s laws are similar, for CDPR’s sake.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
For $16 million I bet they just give it to him just to keep a good relationship with him.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Art. 44. Gross disproportion between the remuneration of the creator and the benefits of the buyer of the author's economic rights or the licensee

"In the case of a gross disproportion between the remuneration of the creator and the benefits of the buyer of the author's economic rights or the licensee, the creator may demand an appropriate increase in remuneration by the court.

There are Polish laws to protect people from getting shit deals, so he might have a case. They'll probably just settle, or maybe they wont. He trashes the game every chance he gets and usually comes off as pretty jealous the games became more popular than his books.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He didn't complain that his lump sum was a shit deal when Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 failed to be smash successes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
What Dom said. Does legitimately suck for him, though. Apparently there was a shitty Polish adaptation that never gained traction, and CDPR I believe had developed zero games when they made the deal, so he had every reason to think the games were gonna be flops, but yeah he shoulda taken the percentage deal.

Cybsled

Good video on the subject. The laws the author's attorney quotes seem to maybe give them some legal backing in Poland, but who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if they settle, author signs a NDA, and everyone calls it a day.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the game, pretty good final act and the twist at the end with Avallach was a nice surprise too.

Ended up retiring with Triss and Ciri becoming a witcher

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Guy trashes the games because they are better then his books. I gave them a shot after 2 and was not impressed.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dont get it

I prefer the Empress Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon ending. While the law of surprise may have meant that Geralt and Ciri's fates would be forever intertwined, Ciri is destined for more than the life of a Witcher and the people of Nilfgaard (and the whole goddamn continent really) deserve better than Emhyr

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I prefer the Empress Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon ending. While the law of surprise may have meant that Geralt and Ciri's fates would be forever intertwined, Ciri is destined for more than the life of a Witcher and the people of Nilfgaard (and the whole goddamn continent really) deserve better than Emhyr

Oh yeah, i think that would have been a better ending

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh yeah, i think that would have been a better ending

It's tricky because getting the 'perfect' ending revolves entirely on a single decision, but that decision opens another way to undermine Ciri's confidence which means she might not survive stopping the White Frost. But if she becomes a Witcher instead, you do get to see her again at the end of Blood and Wine.

Basically when she wants to go to avenge Vesemir by killing Imlerith and the Crones, you have to take her to meet Emhyr first, but refuse Emhyr's money when he tries to pay you for bringing Ciri to him or it will count against her in the 'does she survive the White Frost' tally. If Ciri talks to Emhyr, survives the White Frost, and Nilfgaard wins the war, instead of becoming a Witcher she'll become Empress of Nilfgaard when Emhyr abdicates the throne on her behalf.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I unfortunately had the worst ending you could get. Still kinda bummed out my playthrough resulted in the end of the world.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The bad ending is still one worth playing out just to see what it does to Geralt.
It destroys him at a basic level and he just gives up to the things he had spent his life battling as his life lost all meaning. All the darkness in the world didn't phase him, but losing Ciri... just too much to handle

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
finished playing through hearts of stone - that whole Olgierd von Everec quest line was terrible.

i wanted to explore, loot and kill shit. instead they made me act like a faggot for 3 hours at a medieval wedding. then the auction house heist was kinda lame but at least there were some interesting plot surprises and cool shit to see (like the vault). Then the whole memory lane trip through olgierds house to get the rose was lame as fuck

its probably still better than 90% of all DLCs but not by Witcher 3 standards. Ive been reading some reviews and head scratchingly some people loved it, so maybe im in the minority.

I started playing Blood and Wine and thats way more fun and I really like the Toussaint setting. Its a nice contrast after legging it through all the shitholes in Velen.

• 1Salty