Witcher 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got through the fight with the Crones and Imlerith and I'm level 29. To me, the combat seems far, far too easy. Do I need to set monsters to scale with my level? Do I just need to put it at max setting, or do both? I've ended up using crappier swords to make my damage lower and thus the fights harder. Oh, I always want Ciri's blink on Geralt, haha.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just got through the fight with the Crones and Imlerith and I'm level 29. To me, the combat seems far, far too easy. Do I need to set monsters to scale with my level? Do I just need to put it at max setting, or do both? I've ended up using crappier swords to make my damage lower and thus the fights harder. Oh, I always want Ciri's blink on Geralt, haha.

Do you have the difficulty set to max?

Fact is that at 29 youre slightly overleveled for the main quest line. I think the recommended lvl for that is like lvl 24

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Finished Blood and Wine today. People werent joking when they said its a whole new game by itself

The ending got a little too cutesy with the fablesphere but overall a really great story, quests, etc. I got the best ending with both sisters reconciling

Spent quite a bit of time on it, girlfriend is happy its finally over

1541989265037.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does the time investment per % skyrocket as you get near the end? Cause I'd say I did everything in both DLCs and I'd estimate 85-90% of the main game in 103 hours.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Ive completed every single quest in the base game and both expansions (aside from gwent ones). I did every question mark in Velen/Novigrad/Oxenfurt. I did almost all the queation marks in Skellige, other than the ones way out far in the water and I did almost all the question marks in Toussaint.

I spent so much time on the original playthrough that I have no desire to ever play this game again.

Im ready to retire at Corvo Blanco

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Do you have the difficulty set to max?

Fact is that at 29 youre slightly overleveled for the main quest line. I think the recommended lvl for that is like lvl 24

I have the opposite problem going on. I forget what difficulty I am on but the Cocatrice in Velen was recommended level 10 and at 12 it fucked me up 4 times. That is with using oils, potions, and signs. I played 1 and 2 on hard without this much difficulty.

Also a side note. I am like 40 hours in and still have a ton left to do in just Velen. Is this normal? So many points of interest.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I have the opposite problem going on. I forget what difficulty I am on but the Cocatrice in Velen was recommended level 10 and at 12 it fucked me up 4 times. That is with using oils, potions, and signs. I played 1 and 2 on hard without this much difficulty.

Also a side note. I am like 40 hours in and still have a ton left to do in just Velen. Is this normal? So many points of interest.

If you spent even a small amount of time doing the main quest line, yeah its normal because the main quest line takes a lot of time in the beginning. Just the Bloody Baron quest line feels like it goes on for-fucking-ever. For me, I think it was 40 hours even before I got to the Bog Witches.

I finished the game and both expansions after 260 hours and although I finished every POI and every quest I could find in Velen/Novigrad/Oxenfurt, Kaer Morhen and Toussaint, i still had a bunch of POIs in Skellige which I gave up on because I got tired of boating and diving so much.

There is a LOT in this game. Its really amazing how much they packed in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
OU Ariakas OU Ariakas

Oh btw, how are you fighting the Cockatrice? Eventually I learned that strategy is probably more important than anything and was able to take down monsters several levels above me. With humanoids you can go toe to toe with parries, counterstrikes, etc. but if you are fighting monsters, its dive and roll all the time while waiting for a strike opportunity. Keep Quen on at all times and if you got bombs, use them. They can blind and stun monsters easy, letting you get behind them and get 2-3 hacks at critical damage. (Hitting them in the back is like double damage than hitting them in the front).

Also at Level 12 you can already quest some Witcher armor like Griffin School gear and that shit is pretty OP especially if you pair it up with the Griffin School techniques skill. I think Feline is at level 12 or 14 and thats the best Witcher school of gear

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
OU Ariakas OU Ariakas
Also at Level 12 you can already quest some Witcher armor like Griffin School gear and that shit is pretty OP especially if you pair it up with the Griffin School techniques skill. I think Feline is at level 12 or 14 and thats the best Witcher school of gear
Can't remember what I did at lower levels. Griffin armor sounds familiar though. Once I got the runewright unlocked it was all heavy armor with the enchantment that treats all armor as light.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Can't remember what I did at lower levels. Griffin armor sounds familiar though. Once I got the runewright unlocked it was all heavy armor with the enchantment that treats all armor as light.

I never did the RUnewright thing all the way. After I plowed like 10K or 20K into it and still didnt see anything that I liked, I stopped.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I never did the RUnewright thing all the way. After I plowed like 10K or 20K into it and still didnt see anything that I liked, I stopped.
That all armor as light enchantment was at the last unlock. Cost a shitload of money, but I had more than I knew what to do with. Can't remember what level it was at but the one that extended whirlwind range was OP as shit.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, on monsters, when you learn how to time rolls, you can beat almost anything. I remember killing monsters that could one hit me. Use of poison or other damage over time and oils makes it far less tedious and more worthwhile.

Edit: I realize now I'm responding to conversation that happened a month ago. Eh.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yea low levels always run with posions get the skill asap even on Death March you can pretty much kill any level mob while still being low level yourself if you know how to dodge as the posion will tick for decent ammounts of damage even if your melee is hitting for 1, just zero room for error