Witcher 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cyberpunk will be the impetus for a new PC build. I'm holding out until then.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
These are usually pretty good, but this one in particular had me laughing pretty hard.

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 9 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, I've avoided most of the Gwent games. It's pretty entertaining, but I have a hard enough time sticking to the main story and side quests, I don't need to add Gwent on top of it. Maybe after I'm all done I'll go back and play all the people?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yea, I've avoided most of the Gwent games. It's pretty entertaining, but I have a hard enough time sticking to the main story and side quests, I don't need to add Gwent on top of it. Maybe after I'm all done I'll go back and play all the people?

There's a few you can't go back to as the story progresses

Crone

There's a few you can't go back to as the story progresses
Shit! Now that's gonna ruin my whole plan! Thanks a lot Dom!! haha

I'm 48 hours in, level 15, and doing level 11-12 side quests right now. I can't help but pick up every little quest I find, and can't help but not do them. I turned on the mod that gives full experience for quests, no matter how grey it is. Guess I'm gonna make sure I out level that stuff no matter what, eh?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
You might miss out on playing certain npc's but they patched out the possibility of missing out on certain cards as a result so it isn't really that big of a deal.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You might miss out on playing certain npc's but they patched out the possibility of missing out on certain cards as a result so it isn't really that big of a deal.

The thought of missing Dijkstra's card horrifies me, seeing as how my go-to deck was quad spy northern realms.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Shit! Now that's gonna ruin my whole plan! Thanks a lot Dom!! haha

I'm 48 hours in, level 15, and doing level 11-12 side quests right now. I can't help but pick up every little quest I find, and can't help but not do them. I turned on the mod that gives full experience for quests, no matter how grey it is. Guess I'm gonna make sure I out level that stuff no matter what, eh?
I'm a casual gamer. I tend to play for no more than 4 hours during the week, and sometimes taking a long break before resuming play. I looked back at the date of my first Witcher 3 trophy -- early March of last year. So I've been playing this damn game for nearly a year now.

Granted, I could just shoot straight through the main storyline quests and be done. But I decided to follow this walkthrough from the start, which takes you through a tour of the entire game. And it's taking FOR-EV-VER. The amount of content the developers put into this game is **insane** and, honestly, makes this game worth every penny of it's original retail price.

Anyway, about Gwent: I don't usually like card games. I never got into Magic the Gathering or anything similar. I actually hated Gwent at first and didn't have much desire to play it, but the aforementioned guide included the Gwent quests so I felt compelled to play it. I struggled initially, but once you build up a decent deck it's not particularly difficult. Especially with the Northern Realms deck. Word of advice -- don't even bother attempting the Gwent Tournament until your mid 20s (which was the point where I had a decent deck). That shit was frustrating.

Also, the game has an amazing soundtrack. Love the Skellige Isles music.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Crone

I'm a casual gamer. I tend to play for no more than 4 hours during the week, and sometimes taking a long break before resuming play. I looked back at the date of my first Witcher 3 trophy -- early March of last year. So I've been playing this damn game for nearly a year now.

Granted, I could just shoot straight through the main storyline quests and be done. But I decided to follow this walkthrough from the start, which takes you through a tour of the entire game. And it's taking FOR-EV-VER. The amount of content the developers put into this game is **insane** and, honestly, makes this game worth every penny of it's original retail price.

Anyway, about Gwent: I don't usually like card games. I never got into Magic the Gathering or anything similar. I actually hated Gwent at first and didn't have much desire to play it, but the aforementioned guide included the Gwent quests so I felt compelled to play it. I struggled initially, but once you build up a decent deck it's not particularly difficult. Especially with the Northern Realms deck. Word of advice -- don't even bother attempting the Gwent Tournament until your mid 20s (which was the point where I had a decent deck). That shit was frustrating.

Also, the game has an amazing soundtrack. Love the Skellige Isles music.
Going through a game guide like that makes sure you do everything but seems so unnatural. I pick up most all quests from the bounty boards and from anyone I happen to meet along the way. That has kept me busy enough and feels a more natural way of doing everything.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The most amazing part of this game is the back story and small pieces of info Geralt mutters as he tracks his prey. It makes every quest feel like a different story even if it is hunting and killing the same monster again and again. I feel the need to kill every noon/nightwraith because their stories are so tragic.

• 3Like

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's just an outrageously good game, probably the GoAT for me.

To the guy avoiding Gwent encounters - everybody knows rescuing Ciri and defeating the Wild Hunt is an extended side quest and that the main quest is to become the Gwent champion. The Witcher 3 is the Gwent beta

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Vorph

I hated that shit, so open console, winGwint(1), move on solved the problem of there being quests that required it to complete them.

• 2Dislike

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I hated that shit, so open console, winGwint(1), move on solved the problem of there being quests that required it to complete them.
Nah, dude, you missed out on one of the best parts of the game.

By the way, is it possible to go the celibate route and not hook up with Triss nor Yennefer? Did a quick search and read that romancing both is a bad idea, but not sure if there's an option to turn them both down. heh.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just wanted to come back and say that I am 60 hours in and this is the best game franchise of the last 20 years. The fact that choices matter and carry over from other games in the series is great, but that they have consequences that go beyond superficial character models. I also feel connected to people from past games. Like I went with Vernon Roche in Witcher 2 and when he shows up in 3 I already feel like he is the closest thing to a bro I have. Story is better than 99% of others and, for the millionth time, the amount of cool stuff the shoved into this game is mind boggling.

I am buying Cyberpunk 2077 the day it comes out and every expansion at full price if it is as good as Witcher 3 because great companies need to be rewarded.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm still astonished people are just now getting around to this game after all the insanely high praise it has received.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm still astonished people are just now getting around to this game after all the insanely high praise it has received.

I've owned it for a year but haven't installed it. The older I get, the less time for gaming I have and the bigger my Steam backlog grows. If current trends hold, I'll be playing 2018 games about when my kids hit high school.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, and plus when you start this game, you know you're going to put 50-100 hours into it... so it's a big commitment, even if it is very good.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I put in over 100 hours on console when it came out but never bought the DLC. Since then I treated myself to a nice gaming PC so I am keeping the full replay with DLC in my back pocket just to have something to look forward to one day. Can't wait to finally seks Triss and tell that lilac and gooseberried trollop to take a hike.

• 1Like