Witcher 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
they are gonna milk the fuck out of it and do all of'em

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Witcher 1 story was awesome; everything else about it sucked. Give me W1 in the W3 engine and I will gladly buy it.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

spronk

FPS noob
they are doing both.

Witcher 1 is getting a full remaster with Unreal engine 5, no estimated release date, next gen and PC only

witcher 3 is finally getting a ps5/series X "update", not a remaster but higher textures, 60 fps (maybe 120 mode too?), 4k, optimized for SSD, yadda yadda. Probably no mods though. PC still obviously the best to play but if you just wanna play on a console it'll be a nice experience, hopefully. That was supposed to come out early 2022 but got delayed indefinitely as they took the work on in house after Cyberpunk, and now rumors are it'll come out in Dec

there is still no ps5/sex version of Cyberpunk either, you are running the PS4 version of the game. Thats supposed to come out next year.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Part of me just wishes they'd just do what 90s game developers did and just release the source code and let the modders lose. They'd not only fix the bugs and make it stable but probably add a shit ton of content to - all for free. Just look at games such as Open X-Com and OpenTTD.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No way would I play the remake without all the pc mods that make it not suck. Fast travel, inventory weight, fast loot.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Absolutely could not imagine playing this on anything that didn't enable at the very least, fast travel. Fuck finding signposts

Wouldn't mind a perma-witcher vision either, but haven't seen that mod yet. Funnily enough, replaying this now and one thing I've found irritating is playing on an ultrawide is awful, so I tried setting it to a standard windowed/19x10 and randomly the mouse will pop out of the window even though it shouldn't.

• 1Pathetic

Fadaar

That guy
If they give the original a good facelift I might actually consider playing it again

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Absolutely could not imagine playing this on anything that didn't enable at the very least, fast travel. Fuck finding signposts

Wouldn't mind a perma-witcher vision either, but haven't seen that mod yet. Funnily enough, replaying this now and one thing I've found irritating is playing on an ultrawide is awful, so I tried setting it to a standard windowed/19x10 and randomly the mouse will pop out of the window even though it shouldn't.
Microsoft Dream It GIF by Xbox
Confused Eminem GIF

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Part of me just wishes they'd just do what 90s game developers did and just release the source code and let the modders lose. They'd not only fix the bugs and make it stable but probably add a shit ton of content to - all for free. Just look at games such as Open X-Com and OpenTTD.
Yeah and since they're on unreal engine 5, it will be muuuch easier to support open modability. Would be great for the gaming community if game devs were more willing to open things up, especially if Epic reduced licensing fees if they opened up their art assets or code.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah and since they're on unreal engine 5, it will be muuuch easier to support open modability. Would be great for the gaming community if game devs were more willing to open things up, especially if Epic reduced licensing fees if they opened up their art assets or code.
Early SC and WC werent "open" in this sense, but without battle.net and the map editor available to people, I dont think they would have been near as successful as they were. Though I can see how that specific situation was a double edged sword for the company just from example of Blizzards IPs. To watch DOTA, LOL etc. slip through your fingers has to be a huge regret. Yet, without the base games.. would we have ever seen DOTA, or any of the games that spawned from that platform? Greed stifles creativity, as usual.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I've never seen a game (though they probably do exist) that had modding built in and that made the game worse. The only reason why I can think of modding not being a part of most games is that it is probably a bit of a hassle to put in.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I've never seen a game (though they probably do exist) that had modding built in and that made the game worse. The only reason why I can think of modding not being a part of most games is that it is probably a bit of a hassle to put in.

Less DLC's and outfits they can sell

• 1Truth!

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Fan support will always have a pure motivation edge. It is not a numbers game when its a passion project. Modders really do make games greater. Some of Valve's biggest wins came off the back of the Quake mod community members they hired. Modes like Runequake, and Runes + CTF, Threewave CTF maps, Clanring 1v1/4v4, Rocket Arena, Team Fortress. These made Quake something quite better.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Early SC and WC werent "open" in this sense, but without battle.net and the map editor available to people, I dont think they would have been near as successful as they were. Though I can see how that specific situation was a double edged sword for the company just from example of Blizzards IPs. To watch DOTA, LOL etc. slip through your fingers has to be a huge regret. Yet, without the base games.. would we have ever seen DOTA, or any of the games that spawned from that platform? Greed stifles creativity, as usual.
DOTA was the reason i went out and bought WC3.

And then they utterly killed modding in SC2. The absolute stupidity of modern executives.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Consoles you can sell DLC outfits, PC modding lets fans put in anything regardless of copyright so skins from other franchises they could never do legally become enabled by making the game mod friendly.

spronk

FPS noob

i never finished the final DLC, might restart the game on ps5 once patch hits. I wonder if there is cross save, would be kinda cool to play on PS5 and steam deck with the same save

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This is the way it should be - free for owners of previous gens. Just like it would be if you updated a PC, because in the back end they are unlocking engine features that were previously behind an API toggle.

• 2Like