Witcher 3

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
New Witcher movie in pipeline - Thenews.pl :: News from Poland

WI9PEFp.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'd be cautiously optimistic, but when it comes to AAA fantasy movies, Poland isn't known for those, simply because they cost truckload of money. Get Hollywood on this shit we might have something great, with gory brutal medieval fantasy being popular thanks to GoT, they could do it justice.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
soundtrack was great, can't wait for this game. Really hoping PC graphics outshine the consoles
The PC version of Witcher 2 would still bring a PS4 or (lol) Xbone to its knees at 1080p with ubersampling on, so I wouldn't worry about that. RED Engine shits all over console hardware specs.

Fadaar

That guy
The PC version of Witcher 2 would still bring a PS4 or (lol) Xbone to its knees at 1080p with ubersampling on, so I wouldn't worry about that. RED Engine shits all over console hardware specs.
Witcher 3 will be the game that forces me to upgrade my desktop. Thankfully that should be shortly after Nvidia's 800 series hits the market so I can either go big new gen or get a discounted high end last gen (Titan, 780ti).

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Witcher 3 was (by far) the game that impressed me most at Pax. It looks bloody awesome, and was the only AAA game that I was really excited about after the convention was over (I was also mildly excited about Dragon Age 3). Looks fucking awesome and motivated me to boot up Witcher 2 and actually play it.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game is going to make me upgrade my PC or buy a ps4/xb1. Can't wait. So good.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 16 free DLC's

Open Letter from Marcin Iwinski, co-founder and Joint CEO of CD PROJEKT RED.

?We love games. We love collecting them, playing them, and everything connected to that experience. Every time we reach out for a new release, we expect to be taken care of. We expect support if we encounter any problems, we love updates constantly improving the experience, and we feel really special when we receive free content that gives us more than we initially paid for. It doesn?t have to be huge, it can be an awesome skin for a character, or an extra sword, or armor.

Unfortunately this treatment is quite rare these days. As gamers, we nowadays have to hold on tight to our wallets, as surprisingly right after release, lots of tiny pieces of tempting content materialize with a steep price tag attached. Haven?t we just paid a lot of cash for a brand new game?

As CD PROJEKT RED, we strongly believe this is not the way it should work and, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we have decided to do it differently. Cutting to the chase, everyone who buys Wild Hunt will receive 16 specially prepared DLCs absolutely for free, regardless of platform. You don?t have to pre-order, you don?t have to buy any special edition to get them -- if you own a copy of Wild Hunt, they?re yours. This is our way of saying thank you for buying our game.?

Regards,
Marcin

The FREE DLC program for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt consists of 16 entirely free DLCs, that will be available for every gamer owning a copy of Wild Hunt, for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PC, and PlayStation?4, and is applicable to all versions (digital or physical, standard or Collector?s).

On February 25th we will release the first bundle of DLCs (2 of the planned 16) -- the Temerian Armor Set (horse armor included) and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt, the game?s protagonist. After this date, a DLC bundle consisting of two DLCs will be published every week, entirely for free. Gamers are entitled to the free DLC regardless of obtaining the game via pre-order or after launch. Instructions on how to obtain DLCs on specific platforms will be provided at a later date.

For additional details about the 16 FREE DLC program, please refer to the below Q&A

Q: What do I have to do to receive the 16 free DLCs?
A: The only thing you need to do to receive the 16 DLCs is purchase The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. All of the DLCs will be available for free on every platform (i.e. Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4).

Q: Do I have to pre-order to get the free DLCs?
A: No, each piece of content will be available for download regardless of you buying the game before or after launch on February 24th, 2015.

Q: I have the standard version of the game (i.e. not the Collector?s Edition). Do I still get the free DLCs?
A: Yes. You get the 16 DLCs regardless of the version of the game you bought (i.e. standard or Collector's, digital or physical).

Q: What?s the plan? When can I expect the DLCs to be released?
A: The plan is to release a new DLC bundle (each bundle contains two DLCs) on a weekly basis, following the game?s launch February 24th, 2015. The first DLC bundle will be released the next day on February 25th. The next bundle will be available for download a week after that, on March 4th, the next on March 11th, and so on. The first bundle will contain the Temerian Armor Set and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt. The second bundle will contain an additional quest and an alternative look for one of the game?s main characters -- Yennefer of Vengerberg.

They aren't doing shit. Its called releasing a game with all its content. I can make a game and say I am will be releasing 4,000 free DLCs (each texture will be a DLC).

Caliane

They aren't doing shit. Its called releasing a game with all its content. I can make a game and say I am will be releasing 4,000 free DLCs (each texture will be a DLC).
not quite. close.

but the 16 DLC will not be released day 1. its going to be over time. 2/week for 8 weeks.

so... complete game with content patches? INcomplete game? I don't know.
I'm not sure what this move is for. the DLC combats piracy/renting? Its fun to say.. but that can't be enough. Seems like a very odd move if just for promotion as well. Why the delay?

Heck if it includes QUESTS, there is a good chance that i'll want to wait the 8 weeks to even play right? weird move.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It looks mostly like a PR move and maybe something the team will be working on while all the QA and certification on the vanilla game gets done.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I pose you the opposite question, how does a company bring to light it is not nickle and diming on merely coats, clothes, or mounts? Sure this also shows the absurdity of some of the DLC's that exist for games by saying they have "16". The Witcher 3 will not be an incomplete game, either in models or story. You won't be forking over 15 bucks 3 more times for the real ending. We can play the disgruntled consumer "Well they should have done this all along!", but the reality is most companies aren't releasing complete games, and for every DLC that's worth every penny there are thousands more that are just insulting cash grabs. Sure its PR - but its also pro-gamer too. CDProject has shown that it releases extremely content rich titles - this has slightly more backbone behind it. If you recall they have released large complete "enhanced" edition patches to their previous 2 Witcher games - And they weren't small makeovers and they didn't cost anything.

I have a lot of respect for CD Projekt and the quality content they put out. I just think its silly to suggest people should be grateful for getting DLC content(Armor sets as an example) that's most likely already made before the game is even launched. I guess they're just rolling with whats current in video game marketing.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I take it exactly the opposite, I think they are taking this chance to dig at their competitors, remind gamers that they put out a legit product. And that DLC is often this kind of throwaway content people are buying. Its a joke, and CD projeckt fans are in on it.

Caliane

I pose you the opposite question, how does a company bring to light it is not nickle and diming on merely coats, clothes, or mounts? Sure this also shows the absurdity of some of the DLC's that exist for games by saying they have "16". .
yeah. thats probably it I suppose. I still feel like its alot of work for a big joke.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's only a joke if they don't add other DLC you get from ordering from Gamestop or pay $2 for...

I pose you the opposite question, how does a company bring to light it is not nickle and diming on merely coats, clothes, or mounts?
By releasing a full game with no DLC, then months+ later releases quality content as DLC. That's what Bethesda did for FO3 and Skyrim and it worked very well.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I only consider content true DLC if it's something the developers conceptualized after the game's release. And I do think CD Projekt is poking fun at the nickel-and-dime practices of modern game developers.