Witcher 3

spronk

FPS noob
haven't seen confirmation yet but one person (@nibellion) has tweeted that the witcher 3 statue looks absolutely nothing like the pre-sale pictures they were showing

left is presale right is what it looks like, looks shitty and cheap as fuck

B8Ru3DdCcAAjMnU.png:large

pretty sure its fake though this dude has the CE unboxing he is annoying as fuck though so mute his dumb ass
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collector First Look! [HD] - YouTube

just a heads up to anyone who ordered the CE

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Really looking forward to this. I love me some Witcher. Luckily we get to play Pillars of Eternity JUST before it.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
There are previews on all the major gaming sites from the event previews cd projeckt red had last week. Most are pretty positive and all say the same thing. Looks like its going to be along the same lines as DAI. Expansive open world with the witcher storytelling thrown in the mix, which is AOK by me =). Neogaf were stating 1080p ps4 and 900p xb1. Need to upgrade to a 970 before this gets released.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
GoG is their store right? I'll be ordering through there. They deserve every penny I can get them. I loved Witcher 2.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I wish demos were still a thing so I could try and see if my system can handle the game. At this point I'm probably not going to buy it because I'm not sure how well it'll run.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
You'll get feedback quickly on your issue for sure regardless. I think you'll know within days of the launch how pc's handle their listed specs. They are so obscene that plenty of people will buy it without reading the fine print - that's my guess. I'm grateful my rig is not currently on that line, I'd be disappointed.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wife just finished dragon age 3, she was not impressed, lots of googling told her she should play witcher, i already have a new vid card on the way, question

witcher 1 or witcher 2? can she skip witcher 1?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can skip 1. I skipped 1 and played 2. Loved it so much I bought all the books that were currently printed in english.

You miss a little bit of the fleshing out of the backstory, but still get most of it in 2.

I ended up playing some of Witcher 1 later, but I only made it to chapter 3 i think. The gameplay in 1 seems a little out dated and obtuse now. Still a great game though.

Also, Witcher 1 might turn her off from the franchise frankly. 2 should be much more similar to what you can expect from 3.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
wife just finished dragon age 3, she was not impressed, lots of googling told her she should play witcher, i already have a new vid card on the way, question

witcher 1 or witcher 2? can she skip witcher 1?
Tell her she can only play Witcher 2 if she roleplays Triss in the bedroom...

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I just remembered the steep requirements on this game, might need to be taking a look at some potential upgrades

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks guys, so she can basically play witcher2 and youtube witcher 1 then? in prep for witcher3

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I just installed Witcher 1 and tried to play it for the first time. About 30-45 minutes in I turned it off and uninstalled. I realized the combat system was so out dated I would end up suffering through it just for the story. I decided I will watch Witcher 1 on youtube and then try Witcher 2.