[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Master Plan update adds hours remaining/total to missions on your log and also added success chance (with all your followers and with what you have available/not on mission) to the main screen. Awesome mod.
Master Plan gets better and better with each version. Guildmate installed it yesterday after being "what's that master plan you're talking about" for days, was blown away.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Apparently you get the invasions by doing the Apexis dailies. After killing so many(500, I think?) of those level 100 mobs, you piss them off enough to invade.

Malkav

French Madman
Apparently you get the invasions by doing the Apexis dailies. After killing so many(500, I think?) of those level 100 mobs, you piss them off enough to invade.
Apparently it's random.
Some says they had to kill 3k+ mobs in order to pop one.

Yes, this system is retarded.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Has anyone had a Garrison invasion beyond the very first tutorial one?
I just had "Invasion" pop like 10mn ago. As expected, I turned in the apexis, warning popped. It helped we had the choice between Pit and no-rep dailies for the last week, so we got lots of that one. Half my guild has had invasions pop during the last two days.

Silver is easy, gold require paying serious attention.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Note that the Iron Horde invasion is extremely overtuned and getting gold on it is virtually impossible, as it just doesn't spawn anywhere near enough mobs. The other invasions are much easier.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I may have fucked up, I collected every follower and I leveled them all to 100. Now all I see is "Check back later for more missions"

Chris

Potato del Grande
Any strategy for upgrading follower iLevels? All of my guys are at 600.

I have a bunch of +3/+6/+9 weapon and armor upgrades in the bank from lv2 salvage/lv2 bunker but only one of each set to 615. Seem better to use upgrades after setting the level to 615 but they are not dropping for me...

Simas_sl

shitlord
For each follower, choose between leveling armor or wep when you're starting out. The follower ilevel is based off the average of the weapon and armor level. So pump one stat to 630 and you'll have 615 ilevel. Eventually you'll get armor or weapon drops that increase ilevel to 630 (or 645), so you make the most out of those drops by focusing on one stat. Like if you have 615 armor and 615 weapon (so 615 ilevel) the bump from the 630 drop is not as good as if you have 600 and 630.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm having the same problem. Bunker/War Mill was the biggest waste of GR and gold ever, salvage boxes aren't dropping shit, and I've seen 2 missions with a follower upgrade reward in the last week. It was fine for a while (except the bunker, that was always fucked) then it just completely dried up.

Not to mention, almost all my i615 missions vanished and I'm getting less than one per day on average despite having all L100 followers and several 615+. I suspect that the person responsible for followers/missions keeps making undocumented changes in the various hotfixes each week, and he's breaking more shit than he's fixing.

Speaking of colossal wastes of time and GR, I went 52 hours in my DK's barn without a single blood before finally getting one again.

Chris

Potato del Grande
For each follower, choose between leveling armor or wep when you're starting out. The follower ilevel is based off the average of the weapon and armor level. So pump one stat to 630 and you'll have 615 ilevel. Eventually you'll get armor or weapon drops that increase ilevel to 630 (or 645), so you make the most out of those drops by focusing on one stat. Like if you have 615 armor and 615 weapon (so 615 ilevel) the bump from the 630 drop is not as good as if you have 600 and 630.
Great advice, thank you!

No difference between using three green +3s and one epic +9s besides bag space to hold them right?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Correct, and you should avoid using any +3/6/9 upgrades until after you've used a 615/630 set of the same type on that follower.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Correct, and you should avoid using any +3/6/9 upgrades until after you've used a 615/630 set of the same type on that follower.
Think I'm going to have to actually do this since I only had 2 615 upgrades drop and have two bags full of the others
frown.png
It's why I haven't used any yet even though I've been 100 for a week.

Rime

<Donor>
I may have fucked up, I collected every follower and I leveled them all to 100. Now all I see is "Check back later for more missions"
Ouch. Get an Inn/Tavern and recruit some lower level followers if you need more missions populating.

---

As for invasions, it is most certainly tied to the number of mobs that you kill.

I have been farming Arakkoa reputation in the Lost Veil. I am 6k (I have killed roughly 3200 of the Ogres/Octopi/Goblins in the area) from Exalted and have had SEVEN Botani Invasions. It is to the point that I amnotdoing them anymore and I am not telling my guildmates that I have them available, because it is so fracking boring doing it over and over again.

On the plus side, I have come across FOUR epic items. (Two from salvage boxes and two from grinding Arakkoa).

I was guilt'ed into giving one to a guild member, I sold the rest. Made close to 115k from it.

Malkav

French Madman
Got my lvl3 lumber mill, salvage yard and barracks at the end of last week. Should get the lvl3 War Mill by tomorrow.

After that I'll pool up GR for a bit and I'll change either the lumber mill or my lvl1 trading post. No benefits for the lumber mill, so I'll probable keep the trade post. Then again, it's absolutely stupid that to get the lvl3 20% reputation bonus, you have to be exalted with 3 draenor reputations...Which means the bonus is only really useful to up one or two other reputations, which is retarded.

Anyway, I'll build an inn over the one I erase.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got my lvl3 lumber mill, salvage yard and barracks at the end of last week. Should get the lvl3 War Mill by tomorrow.

After that I'll pool up GR for a bit and I'll change either the lumber mill or my lvl1 trading post. No benefits for the lumber mill, so I'll probable keep the trade post. Then again, it's absolutely stupid that to get the lvl3 20% reputation bonus, you have to be exalted with 3 draenor reputations...Which means the bonus is only really useful to up one or two other reputations, which is retarded.

Anyway, I'll build an inn over the one I erase.
Time to get started on Timbermaw!

Talking about old reps, is Sporeggar underwater in the past?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I think that missions have a respawn time that's related to their duration (i.e. a 1h mission might respawn in 6 hours, a 10h mission will respawn like 48h later. Or something). I've got half-and-half (one follower parked somewhere where the sun doesn't shine), and the 95-99 bracket is almost fully respawned from the morning run in the evening, while the long 8h mission slots aren't refilling until the day after. Since all 100 missions appear to be 4h or more, they're slower to repop.

It probably doesn't matter if (that's a "if") the crate chance is proportional to the mission duration, but I'm not sure that's the case.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I think that missions have a respawn time that's a multiple of their duration (i.e. a 1h mission might respawn in 6 hours, a 10h mission will respawn like 48h later. Or something). I've got half-and-half (one follower parked somewhere where the sun doesn't shine), and the 95-99 bracket is almost fully respawned from the morning run in the evening, while the long 8h mission slots aren't refilling until the day after.
Get Master Plan addon and you don't have to worry about the mystery of it. It gives you a timer of how long you've had the mission in the log and the total time it will stay in the log before it recycles.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Get Master Plan addon and you don't have to worry about the mystery of it. It gives you a timer of how long you've had the mission in the log and the total time it will stay in the log before it recycles.
I does? Where? I haven't noticed (unless it has a big arrow jumping up and down above the data, I would probably miss it).