[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After that I'll pool up GR for a bit and I'll change either the lumber mill or my lvl1 trading post. No benefits for the lumber mill, so I'll probable keep the trade post. Then again, it's absolutely stupid that to get the lvl3 20% reputation bonus, you have to be exalted with 3 draenor reputations...Which means the bonus is only really useful to up one or two other reputations, which is retarded.
Pretty sure it's account wide, so you can get exalted with CoE/Frostwolves on 3 characters and unlock rank 3 trading post for all. The absolutely fucking retarded part of the trading post is the AH bot 'quest.'

I does? Where? I haven't noticed (unless it has a big arrow jumping up and down above the data, I would probably miss it).
"Pending X/Y" on the mission page, which means you've had the mission for X hours and it typically stays around for Y hours.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
They should make a craftable for like 1000 ore that lets you reroll a follower trait. Would solve the ore problem and help those who got unlucky on random traits. There's already mechanics like this for item random enhancements so why not followers too.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got mine randomly, others had to use the inn to get them.
If you get to 100 and don't have one yet it probably is worth making a level 2 inn to force getting one. I got one randomly when leveling up who has way more than paid for himself and I just got a second one with leeroy jenkins saturday. Having two of those guys is great because I rarely have more than two GR quests at a time and having two guys bringing in 100-200 GR at the cost of 10 GR is way worth it.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
So question about followers in the trade buildings, do they get any exp from working the building? do bodyguards get any exp? doesn't seem like they do.
Or do I have to cheat the system and put them in for workorders then take them back out to do missions to level them? which will be a pain in the ass.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Just do it once per day on your morning run - assign them, do your milk run, pull them and start missions. Save long missions for whenever you log off for the day.

Also, what I'm doing now is saving follower upgrades until I see what counter I need for a useful mission, since I have enough guys to get 630 missions but it's still highly unlikely that I'll have the right counters.. 15,000 bonus xp? Dump some upgrades on a blue guy with a needed counter so he can score the huge bonus.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can anyone explain to me why some people remove their level 3 salvage yard and replace with a level 2?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Can anyone explain to me why some people remove their level 3 salvage yard and replace with a level 2?
Level 3 hurts your chances of getting follower iLvl increase gear by adding a greater chance of missions dropping player usable gear crates in place of the standard follower gear crate.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Level 3 hurts your chances of getting follower iLvl increase gear by adding a greater chance of missions dropping player usable gear crates in place of the standard follower gear crate.
So level 2 is better for gearing followers and level 3 is better for gearing yourself?

Tol_sl

shitlord
How do tradeskill assigned followers work? Like if I queue 14 enchanting orders with a follower assigned and then yank him to send him on missions, do all 14 orders get the bonus or do none get it? Do the 3 orders while he's out on missions miss the bonus, and then the other 11 get the bonus get it when I stick him back in?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can only assume that the person who set the drop rates on the barn and bunker/war mill had nothing to do with followers, otherwise you'd have to leave them assigned 24/7 in order to get any bonus.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I haven't even used a bodyguard yet because I need those bitches out bringing me loots.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've been using Leorjah because his messenger pigeon thing is awesome. But he gets in the way all the damn time when I am trying to click shit.

lindz

#DDs
So I did the hearthstone pro quest and accidentally assigned the trait to the wrong follower. Wouldn't be a big deal, but it overwrote my jewelcrafting trait which I actually use. Any way to fix it or get another jewelcrafting follower?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
"Pending X/Y" on the mission page, which means you've had the mission for X hours and it typically stays around for Y hours.
/slapface. Turns out I was 3 versions behind on the Master Plan. The guys adds stuff faster than I log in!