[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Crafted 4 upgrade widgets today. Felt kind of painful burning that much $$ in mats, but Highmaul gear is so horribly itemized the crafted slots are key.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I finally got a scavenger when Pleasurebot hit Rare and got it as his evolution trait. Naturally he is my only tailor so he's a very busy bot
The profession followers have their effect "applied" when you loot the crates. Put Pleasurebot in, grab the hexcloth, get him out. And spend 10mn waiting for the WO gal to come back - she appears to object to the concept of Pleasure Bots, and runs out whenever I allocate the bot to the building.

The exception is Fiona/whomever (Herbalism follower) if you use the "plant specific" option in the garden: the plants respawn with the daily cooldown (midnight) so you need someone assigned to the garden at that time if you want the effect. If you only want 42 random herbs rather than 24 (6x7 instead of 6x4), just plunk her for the pickup, then send her on mission.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
So.. I went to my mage's and priest's herb gardens and ordered more frostweeds to be planted cause need that more than anything for alchemy at the moment. The next two days I end up picking more of every other herb, one day more star flowers, next day more fireweed, on the priest end up having no frostweed and mostly gorgrond flytrap, might as well not even order a specific herb maybe I'll get more frostweed out of it :\

Also gladiator sanctum looks to be nerfed to me, I've had it for like a week and still not one piece of 620 honor gear off it with the priest, while my mage got a ton of them.

P.S Did one of the follower missions to get a 630 item with 87% success, and it failed lol, and a failed a few others in the 80% range. So yeah do those epic ones with as close to 100% success as possible.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The exception is Fiona/whomever (Herbalism follower) if you use the "plant specific" option in the garden: the plants respawn with the daily cooldown (midnight) so you need someone assigned to the garden at that time if you want the effect. If you only want 42 random herbs rather than 24 (6x7 instead of 6x4), just plunk her for the pickup, then send her on mission.
I guess that answers my problem with the herbs.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So.. I went to my mage's and priest's herb gardens and ordered more frostweeds to be planted cause need that more than anything for alchemy at the moment. The next two days I end up picking more of every other herb, one day more star flowers, next day more fireweed, on the priest end up having no frostweed and mostly gorgrond flytrap, might as well not even order a specific herb maybe I'll get more frostweed out of it :\
This sounds wrong. I haven't set my herbs to specifics for a week or so, but when I had it set to only nagrand arrowbloom, the herb garden produced 100% of my chosen herb, and that's it. Was your assigned follower level 100? If not, maybe that has something to do with it.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
This sounds wrong. I haven't set my herbs to specifics for a week or so, but when I had it set to only nagrand arrowbloom, the herb garden produced 100% of my chosen herb, and that's it. Was your assigned follower level 100? If not, maybe that has something to do with it.
Yup Fiona is 100, I think it comes down to what Ukerric mentioned, need to keep the follower there when the herbs actually reset. Unless you haven't been keeping your herbalist on the building but it's working for you? I only have the followers assigned for when I pickup and assign workorders, then I take them back out for missions.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
That's probably it then. I assign my followers and just leave them there. I don't really feel the need to micromanage an extra 3 follower slots when I have 25 active with the barracks, which is typically more than I can send on missions anyway.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Did one of the follower missions to get a 630 item with 87% success, and it failed lol, and a failed a few others in the 80% range. So yeah do those epic ones with as close to 100% success as possible.
Now that tokens stack, keep them around. When you get one mission:

1) Wait until everyone is back from their missions.
2) Use the Mission Planner to build your best shot mission
3) Check who is orange to the mission, and figure if you have enough tokens to boost him/her (I don't think there's a difference between 616 and 618 for a 630 mission, for example, but there will definitively be one between 628 and 630, obviously)
4) If you have no orange follower, but lack a counter, it's usually because you have a follower with subsidiary boni that help and the followers with the counters don't have the level. Find out from the help list on the missing counter which followers has the highest ilvl to be raised, if you can.
5) If you haven't any mission whose reward is "mandatory", keep hoarding the improvements, and use the straight armor/weapon sets on followers who have the lowest (600, if possible) in that value

Side note: If you're using the Inn to pad your followers... recruit a couple followers withHigh Stamina. It probably matters more in the end game than scavengers or anything else. One of my followers went rare today and got that one, which I hadn't paid attention to. She got assigned by Mission Planner to every 615+ mission that I didn't have all the required counters for.

Oh, and keep playing for the long term. I wouldn't be surprised if 6.1 let you raise your followers to ilvl 660 and raid Blackrock Foundry for you.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unfortunately, High Stamina is a pretty small success boost, significantly less than matching location, enemy type, or racial friend.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Switching a high sta with a location match didnt change my odds the one time I paid closer attention to see how good it is (no other changes occuring like race or ilvl).

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'll try to re-check it. On that note, is the actual math behind the success chance known? I also found it odd that adding a second counter for a threat that occurs only once on the mission still raises your odds higher then having a totally unrelated follower tag along.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did they just do a hotfix? I'm suddenly gettingBag of Salvaged Goodswhen I do level 90 missions instead of big crates. Got two of them in the past five minutes on characters that both have rank 3 salvage yards. I really hope their solution to needing low level followers to get more missions wasn't to make those missions worthless instead of fixing the actual problem...

Edit: Checking other sites, this was indeed a new nerf hotfix applied this evening. Nerfing crates to only be awarded from successful missions was fine and made sense. This change seems like something from the fucking retard who thought it was a good idea to switch back to NBG loot in dungeons, and hopefully gets reverted just as quickly.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Well, at least the 95-99 missions still reward the good stuff.

However, you're now disinclined to recruit new followers at the Inn, since that suddenly drops your salvage rate.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
On the other hand you are encouraged to go to the Inn for epic mounts all the time now (once you have 1-3 scavengers) in order to speed run the 100s.

Another thing I noticed is that the success chance for a mission varies depending on the order you place the same 3 followers on that mission, its either 73% or 95% for me right now. Maybe I'm dumb and never noticed before, but playing musical chairs with your followers to test the best order is dumb too. I might have to get an add-on with more features for missions I guess. I was pretty happy with just master plan until now.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got a 630 trinket mission and got the trinket. Apparently Ilevel does not equal true power. The trinket was an Agilty trinket that had considerably less base agility than my 615 trinket. It had a "Use" function(Hate those) that added 1060 Mastery for 15 seconds but it was odd that the agility was 200 less than my current 615 trinket. Just seemed wrong.