[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
On the other hand you are encouraged to go to the Inn for epic mounts all the time now (once you have 1-3 scavengers) in order to speed run the 100s.
Except that, once you've done them fast, you wait until the mission repop. I'm not convinced of the overall importance of epic mount.
I got a 630 trinket mission and got the trinket. Apparently Ilevel does not equal true power. The trinket was an Agilty trinket that had considerably less base agility than my 615 trinket. It had a "Use" function(Hate those) that added 1060 Mastery for 15 seconds but it was odd that the agility was 200 less than my current 615 trinket. Just seemed wrong.
That's because they improved the trinkets, but apparently forgot to change the trinkets generated by the random garrison mission.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I had an epic mount follower, just upgraded to epic and he got the high stamina perk. Feels bad.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have received Abrogator Stones two days in a row from my Trade Post. Seems new? Only 1 per around 3 - 4 work orders.

Malkav

French Madman
I got a 630 trinket mission and got the trinket. Apparently Ilevel does not equal true power. The trinket was an Agilty trinket that had considerably less base agility than my 615 trinket. It had a "Use" function(Hate those) that added 1060 Mastery for 15 seconds but it was odd that the agility was 200 less than my current 615 trinket. Just seemed wrong.
If your 615 trinket is the one from the mission too, it's because those were forgotten when they nerfed trinket stats. So they are better than the 630 ones more often than not.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The 630 trinkets aren't actually undervalued if you take the average value of the use ability and then compare the stats to other 630 trinkets.

Also, the people who said ditch the barn are nuts. This building generates 6k gold per day. 132 beast hide @ 15 gold each and two bloods at 2k each.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
15G? Is that like the lowest pop server in the game or something? Stormrage is 4G tops now, and hasn't been 15G in two weeks. Even the US mean is like 8G. I think 2 bloods a day is pretty optimistic too, unless I've been extremely unlucky. 3.5k-ish a day still isn't bad though, and I find the barn itself is bearable with it only on one character.

I still think it's shitty that the blood rate is so low that it's still worth 2.5-3kG though. I would like to actually be able to make myself nice items rather than feel like I'm a fucking idiot if I don't put the upgrade tokens up on the AH.

GTE.png
I must say, my buyer has a rather appropriate name.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
This building generates 6k gold per day. 132 beast hide @ 15 gold each and two bloods at 2k each.
Two bloods per day seems a bit above my average.

Most resources are tanking. The reason is simple: cooldowns have capped the demand, while the offer got buffed in most cases (enchanter hut, mine, garden).

Note that I'm starting to see the crafted items dropping in price. For the same reason: offer is plentiful (everyone without a crafting profession has a couple crafting buildings producing essentially free stuff, since they're filling WO for extra apexis anyway), and demand is capped by the "Unique: Warlords crafted (3)" mention.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Two bloods per day seems a bit above my average.
RNG is streaky, but it's worked out to around two per day for me. I got 8 on my first two days, then nothing the next two days, then 1-3 the next few days, 1 today. Small sample size I know but I've gotten 19 total over the last 10 days. RNG gonna RNG.

I hate the barn, it's such a chore to trap shit every day and I'd really like to bulldoze it for an inn. Seems like the best way to make a steady income though for now, especially with people saying Highmaul gear has shitty itemization and upgraded crafteds are better. I guess in the long run it ultimately depends on if bloods have any use past this first raid tier, or if Blackrock Foundry gear is going to put all the crafted shit to shame.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Given the surplus of of GR that is building I am considering building an Inn for a couple of hours to recruit a new follower, then replace it with a barn until the next week. I do not have every building at lvl3 since they're achievement-locked and frankly I didnt bother with stuff like the menagerie or mine. But even if I max those out that are one-time expenses and the GR start building up again.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
The number of missions I am getting seems to have slowed to a trickle. This is even while keeping a 90-94 / 95 - 99 follower around. Did some hotfix go in ahead of schedule? If this rate keeps up, 20 followers will be plenty and I will use something other than a barracks.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
With the lower level missions giving those shitty salvage bags now, is it even worth keeping lowby followers?

Vorph

No, but you should probably be recruiting a new epic mount follower at the inn each week now though, so you'll have the 90-94 shit anyway.

I can't see dumping the barracks either. 25 followers will be handy with the retarded change incoming to work orders, bodyguard is always useful, and patrol missions are pretty much required for leveling up new recruits from the inn quickly.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I only have the weekly Inn recruit in the lowbie range. Used to blow them through missions asap for salvage but now it's enough if they get to 95 before I shanghai me a new one each week. I suppose there might be rare missions with stuff like the dancing manual in the 90-94 range?

Vorph

That school of dance mission is infuriating. I have three of the books on my druid that I don't really care about, and have never seen it once on either of the characters I play all the time.

You should be able to get it even if you have only high level followers though. People have confirmed that Hearthstone Tournament still appears, and they are the same type/level/rarity of mission.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Thats the same thing with the trait reroll thing, i finally got one on my monk this morning... which is the first i've seen since i leveled that character lol

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Thats the same thing with the trait reroll thing, i finally got one on my monk this morning... which is the first i've seen since i leveled that character lol
I got the reroll and the dance on an alt pretty much the moment i gained access to missions. Havent seen it on my main yet despite doing tons of missions. Weird RNG.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
With a lvl 3 salvage yard, I'm getting big crates on lvl 95+ missions that are successful, but the 100+ missions guarantee it on success. I still get the shitty ones for 94 and below though, so maybe keeping a follower at 95 is the way to go now.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I only have the weekly Inn recruit in the lowbie range. Used to blow them through missions asap for salvage but now it's enough if they get to 95 before I shanghai me a new one each week. I suppose there might be rare missions with stuff like the dancing manual in the 90-94 range?
Just got the reroll follower rare mission (Path of the Titans), which is 90, but have no followers below 98. I don't think those missions obey normal rules.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
With a lvl 3 salvage yard, I'm getting big crates on lvl 95+ missions that are successful, but the 100+ missions guarantee it on success. I still get the shitty ones for 94 and below though, so maybe keeping a follower at 95 is the way to go now.
So is the consensus is that its worth it to go to 3 Salvage now? I was keeping mine at 2 and might be stuck there if there is an achievement because people were saying you had a better chance at getting follower upgrades from level 2 crates.

Vorph

It's worth it. The 'gigantic pool of random shit' loot slots are separate from the 'lol grats on your +3 armor' loot slot. It's dumb that increasing the rank of the building doesn't actually give more follower upgrades, but at least it gives you a shot at 665 BoEs, valuable xmogs, etc.