[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Invasions stick around that long once you trigger them?
I am pretty sure they last until you choose to do them. They are pretty much a once a week for the rewards thing anyway so be silly if they don't let them at least be available for the week so you can do it when you have time.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the card market has all but dried up on my server so I'm considering swapping out the scribe hut. Main professions are enchanting and (currently leveling) herbalism and I already got the enchanting hut and Salvage. Suggestions?
No shit, also wondering what to switch my inscription hut to... Anything but War cards sells for like 200g, which isn't bad I guess for basically nothing, but still. Half the time they don't even sell.

Rime

<Donor>
You can also have more than 1 Invasion in your queue, so long as they are not the same type.

I currently have a Shadow, Ogre, Goren, and Botani invasion just sitting in my garrison panel.

Vitality

HUSTLE
No shit, also wondering what to switch my inscription hut to... Anything but War cards sells for like 200g, which isn't bad I guess for basically nothing, but still. Half the time they don't even sell.
Can you make Molten Tarots from the inscription building? Those are going for 80-120k

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Ok so apparently I'm an idiot because everyone is doing them and I'm not but how do you get a garrison invasion?
If you just want the loot you can just troll the "other" category in group finder. Search for "garrison" or "invasion" and join someone else's. Note: Avoid iron horde invasions as getting gold on it is virtually impossible.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Note: Avoid iron horde invasions as getting gold on it is virtually impossible.
Iron horde was hotfixed recently. It's now super easy to get gold, since iron horde invasions now totally flood you with mobs. Past few I've done usually end up around 1200 points before the boss even spawns (who as of todays hotfix, also counts towards your final rating).

Make sure to always run with 3 players in aoe dps specs, and gold should be no problem on any invasion.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If you just want the loot you can just troll the "other" category in group finder. Search for "garrison" or "invasion" and join someone else's. Note: Avoid iron horde invasions as getting gold on it is virtually impossible.
Iron horde was hotfixed recently. It's now super easy to get gold, since iron horde invasions now totally flood you with mobs.
Well, good to know.

Note that you get at most one bag per level per week, but you can get it during any invasion (not just your first), and you still get the GR/Apexis for all invasions. If you're GR-starved, do invasions.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can you make Molten Tarots from the inscription building? Those are going for 80-120k
No the only cards you can make if you don't have inscription is Darkmoon card of Draenor. I get it, everyone got the same idea since the cards were selling great the first few weeks but the market is saturated now. Problem is I can't think of any other profession building that makes decent money, may wind up going storehouse.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
So I know popular opinion for a bit there was to get epic mount followers. Do people feel this is still the case at this point of the game? I had a hard time convincing myself to bother getting another follower with one at my tavern this week because even with no followers currently having an epic mount. I constantly have every available mission occupied at 90-100% success rate and usually still 5-10 followers waiting for shit to do because the missions don't refresh fast enough. I don't think speeding up completion time will do me much good.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I know popular opinion for a bit there was to get epic mount followers. Do people feel this is still the case at this point of the game? I had a hard time convincing myself to bother getting another follower with one at my tavern this week because even with no followers currently having an epic mount. I constantly have every available mission occupied at 90-100% success rate and usually still 5-10 followers waiting for shit to do because the missions don't refresh fast enough. I don't think speeding up completion time will do me much good.
I have a couple of epic mount followers, but overall I don't feel like they are going to be terribly useful long term. I would rather have 'increased stamina' or something like that. This could all change if the amount of missions overall increases, but I have two characters with basically blank mission queues and 50% unused followers.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
An epic mount or two is nice but honestly most of the level 100 stuff is so long that other than the few 4 hour missions you may be able to bang out in a normal play session there is not a ton of reason to go to wild with them.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So I know popular opinion for a bit there was to get epic mount followers. Do people feel this is still the case at this point of the game?
I don't think so. I usually launch missions in the morning, and I have 7 or 8 available; I get back from work and I have about 10-12 missions waiting.

On Monday, I skipped the morning login (due to issues related to my lack of activating the alarm clock, and the subsequent rush when I wake up 20mn after I should be at work...), and I had 17 missions waiting for me. So, regardless at the speed at which you do missions, they'll respawn at least after no less than 24h.

The Epic mount will not help on getting more missions. It will help on getting that follower back from a short mission and back out to a longer mission. That's what I do on evening; start all level 99 missions, do my evening play, get all the salvage, gear followers, and then send back for the 100 missions for the night. If you have an epic mounted follower, you may be able to squeeze a 4h or a 6h level 100 mission there, and have the follower available for another mission for the night. That means maybe a mission here and there that you can undergo with a higher success %.

Otherwise? Not that useful.

Just got a funky follower ding: He now has got a bonus to success for missions below 7h... and a bonus to success for missions above 7h! "Hi, I like fast missions. But I like long missions too!"

I had a hard time convincing myself to bother getting another follower with one at my tavern this week because even with no followers currently having an epic mount. I constantly have every available mission occupied at 90-100% success rate and usually still 5-10 followers waiting for shit to do because the missions don't refresh fast enough. I don't think speeding up completion time will do me much good.
The two most important traits at the inn:

- Scavenger. Get one with Group Damage / Powerful Spell first, then Massive Strike / Timed Battle. (haven't used Inn ever; do you see the counter of the three followers you can pick from, even if you selected a Trait)
- High Stamina (bonus chance to long missions).

(too bad you can't get the bonus chance to all that Blook has in any way)

IMHO.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yeah. the scavengers have paid off more than any other follower. I have 3 to just ensure I have appropriate counters and just get giddy when I see a 2+ follower scavenger mission.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are you guys with an Inn picking whatever counter you are missing and then leveling that new follower up?

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Are you guys with an Inn picking whatever counter you are missing and then leveling that new follower up?
I actually used the Inn to get an herbalist this week. Fiona actually upgraded into a pretty decent follower outside of herbalist picking up scavenger. The problem, I go for an herbalist and the blue one that spawns is a carbon copy of what Fiona was Group Damage / Scavenger / Herbalist. Oh well, I guess I can man my garden with that guy rather than getting him purple.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't you only need the follower in the station when you're picking up your work orders? That's all I do. I remove them after my daily pick-up from each station.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Don't you only need the follower in the station when you're picking up your work orders? That's all I do. I remove them after my daily pick-up from each station.
It's supposed to be a bug, and they've told us they're going to fix it, i.e. only the WO that occur while your follower is assigned get their bonus. But that's not happening yet.

For garden, there's already a bit of that, in that you get the plant you specify only if the follower was assigned to the garden at respawn (cooldown reset, i.e. midnight). It should have been the same for the mine and the carts, except that the cart spawn regardless of follower (which is going to be fixed at the same time, I presume).

So, enjoy your full benefits for 5mn assignments, because you're going to have a choice between missions or WO boost soon.