[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I love scavenger! I've manage to score a few missions that netted 650gr each time by throwing 2 scavengers at them. I'm also trying to figure out what to replace my inscription building with now that the card market has dried up.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's supposed to be a bug, and they've told us they're going to fix it, i.e. only the WO that occur while your follower is assigned get their bonus. But that's not happening yet.

For garden, there's already a bit of that, in that you get the plant you specify only if the follower was assigned to the garden at respawn (cooldown reset, i.e. midnight). It should have been the same for the mine and the carts, except that the cart spawn regardless of follower (which is going to be fixed at the same time, I presume).

So, enjoy your full benefits for 5mn assignments, because you're going to have a choice between missions or WO boost soon.
I expect when they do this they'll also be adding the ability for those followers to earn a little bit of experience for workorders too.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel ya there but the way its working now clearly is not what they intended.

They also specifically mentioned that they are going to be giving followers working in buildings XP per work order so they can be leveled without having to do the swappy dance with them.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Then there should have been dedicated tradeskill followers instead of allowing RNG to fuck up perfectly good ones with profession shit. One of my characters has 5 herbalists ffs. Changing it now is straight up retarded.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hehe I sympathise with you there I have 4 leatherworkers on my main. Leveling up it was nice because I could cycle them through working before I realized the worker thing was broken. Still worse comes to worse there are the things that reroll followers traits so if you get one with a real bad combo like my guy who is friends with worgen and pandas neither of which I actually have.

Vorph

I've still never seen reroll certificate or hearthstone tournament missions, and only my druid (that I left behind on Stormrage) has gotten dancing school. Three times.

Not that it really matters to me anymore, since I had finally gotten to the point where most i630 missions were doable only to get reset back to the point where I can barely counter regular 100's, and I have to let them all run full duration too.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I've still never seen reroll certificate or hearthstone tournament missions, and only my druid (that I left behind on Stormrage) has gotten dancing school. Three times.

Not that it really matters to me anymore, since I had finally gotten to the point where most i630 missions were doable only to get reset back to the point where I can barely counter regular 100's, and I have to let them all run full duration too.
Follower rerolls need to beFARmore common. I've gotten one ever, and I need to reroll 18 of my followers to make them somewhat useful. If you've gotten the wrong end of the RNG stick as I have, then garrisons are 0% fun and completely remove any desire to level my L90 alts to 100. I'll probably wind up cancelling next week because raiding has already become a snoozefest.

Malkav

French Madman
Follower rerolls need to beFARmore common. I've gotten one ever, and I need to reroll 18 of my followers to make them somewhat useful. If you've gotten the wrong end of the RNG stick as I have, then garrisons are 0% fun and completely remove any desire to level my L90 alts to 100. I'll probably wind up cancelling next week because raiding has already become a snoozefest.
Add to that the fact that it just rerolls your shit. It just lets the RNG fuck you over again.

Vorph

Yeah, I basically just had about 65 reroll certificates applied to my followers involuntarily and the results were not pretty. The only positive change I noticed was that one of my Blooks is now increased success for all missions and scavenger.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The only positive change I noticed was that one of my Blooks is now increased success for all missions and scavenger.
He has fixed increased mission success; can't lose it due to reroll (and no other follower can have it).

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Then there should have been dedicated tradeskill followers instead of allowing RNG to fuck up perfectly good ones with profession shit. One of my characters has 5 herbalists ffs. Changing it now is straight up retarded.
I dunno, I think being able to roll racial bonus traits of which there are no guaranteed followers of that race is worse. Other than a RNG inn follower from people that actually have the inn, that trait will truly never do anything.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So I got attacked by a Goren in my mine and turn around and they're all over my mine. Has this been happening and I just never noticed, lol? Most were killed by soldiers and miners though before I could kill them myself.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So I got attacked by a Goren in my mine and turn around and they're all over my mine. Has this been happening and I just never noticed, lol? Most were killed by soldiers and miners though before I could kill them myself.
It's supposed to happen randomly but very rarely. That's why the level 3 mine bonus is having guards in it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Cant lose it due to reroll? Is that certain? If so, I'm gonna teach the fat guy to dance.
It's one of the fixed traits, like Bodyguard. You're not supposed to lose or gain those traits (see comments onwowhead). People have used their full reroll on him, and he keeps the trait.

(of course, as Blook also has Timed Battle as its base, and that's the most useful counter at high level, I haven't attempted to reroll him. But Dance seems a good use).

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Didn't see these until today. Good stuff. Pretty much everyone has L3 Inn now I would imagine. Also, yay for getting to have all level 100 followers now.

6.0.3 Hotfixes: December 11 - World of Warcraft

Garrisons, Followers, and Outposts
Garrison Buildings
[Still in testing.] Inn: Inn quests can now be completed on the spot without returning back to the Garrison.
[Still in testing.] Inn: The achievement, Stay Awhile and Listen now only requires the character to complete 10 of the 20 Inn quests (down from all 20).
Outposts
Note: The following changes to Outposts will take effect with next week's scheduled maintenance.
Reduced the cost for changing Garrison Outpost buildings in Nagrand to 500 gold.
Reduced the cost for changing Garrison Outpost buildings in Gorgrond, Talador, and Spires of Arak to 5,000 gold.
Changing Garrison Outpost buildings should now grant access to the building-specific questline for that zone, including building-specific follower(s).
Additional information on changes to Outposts can be found in the forum thread titled: Upcoming Garrison Outpost Hotfixes.
Garrison Missions
It is now possible to continue to receive Level 95-99 missions even when all Followers are level 100.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Dammit. My home PC must have froze or something. I can't remote in. How the hell am I supposed to work today?!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finally built lvl 3 barracks so I can unbench some of my bros. I have so many spell/timed counters that I can drop like 4 of them. Despite them being epic. Nearly epic with my now 3 scavengers. Which is great. Building Warmill level 3 and then I'll have all lvl 3 shit, minus the pet menagerie because I cannot be arsed (yet) to go level some pokemon and do the starter quest for it. I'll be saving that content for when all of my characters I want are lvl 100.