[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Some people in guild were getting with less than 20.
I wouldn't be surprised if this updated when you actually finish a quest.

If you have more than 10, but don't complete a new quest, it's going to stay there.

xmod2_sl

shitlord
I finally dragged my ass into the dps queue to finish a 'pre-change' quest last night. Finished Skyreach with a bunch of people still on their legendary quest and I didn't even get credit for the last boss on either of my quests. The hunter said he hadn't gotten credit for last bosses on a few quests either. I trashed my cache folder to update my journal with the newer quest objectives, but seems it's all fucky at the moment.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The barracks patrol missions definitely don't take up existing spots, (you still get the 90 mission with the frog even if all your followers are 100) so I doubt the treasure hunter ones do.
I have a level 3 barracks so have unlocked patrol missions. I've never seen any of the missions actually labelled "patrol". I've always assumed the ones that take 8-10 hours to complete are the patrol missions. Is that a correct assumption?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I have a level 3 barracks so have unlocked patrol missions. I've never seen any of the missions actually labelled "patrol". I've always assumed the ones that take 8-10 hours to complete are the patrol missions. Is that a correct assumption?
the icon on the left side of the mission determines what it is. Patrol is a spyglass. Combat is two crossed swords.

xmod2_sl

shitlord
You get patrol missions at Barracks level 1. Barracks 3 gives you +5 follower cap.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Oh NOW I get an xp boost follower. Abu'gar at epic suddenly my MVP for my last handful of bitches. Him and Blook are best buds now.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I have completed quests since they changed the requirement for the Inn achieve (one this morning even) and still haven't gotten the damn thing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got it and the achievement shows check marks next to all the quests. I'm pretty sure I haven't actually bothered to do anywhere near 10 unique ones though.

seanc_sl

shitlord
They need to fix this achieve. I have the last 3 quests done, but whatever guy gave them to me hasn't been back to my in in about 9 days, so I can't turn them in.
I've heard that if you swap the inn and your other medium building on your drafting table, it causes the npcs to spawn that you have completed quests for.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I've heard that if you swap the inn and your other medium building on your drafting table, it causes the npcs to spawn that you have completed quests for.
I did this once. Got it on first try, whereas others have had to try quite a bit.

It works though.

sk8jack_sl

shitlord
Just gotten the achievements to unlock level 3 blueprints. Any idea what should I upgrade to level 3?
Is salvage yard level 3 any good now?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It is. I get a follower token every 7-8 crates. People complain a lot about level 3 being useless because, instead of having a lot of grey crap, with an occasional level 90+ green and an occasional follower token, they get grey, an occasional level 90+ green, an occasional follower token, but systematically at least one and often two level 90- transmog greens and blues. So they always remember "I get all that green crap" because it drowns the rest of the crate in their perception.

I still have to get a 645+ item, though. I get plenty of ilvl 610 blues (one every two-three days, i.e. every 20-30 crates).

(to be honest, I have no idea how they could restructure crates so that people didn't get that impression. My idea is that you should have green crates: contain everything but no token; blue crates: contain everything + a follower token, with same frequency as getting the token in the original crate. That would decouple the perception of the crates being useless due to excess of useless drops. But I have no idea if the mission completion script can do that easily)

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I managed to get a 655 tank neck last night (haste/bonus armor). First decent item other than follower upgrades. Probably opened a couple hundred maybe even 1k big crates.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I managed to get a 655 tank neck last night (haste/bonus armor). First decent item other than follower upgrades. Probably opened a couple hundred maybe even 1k big crates.
Didn't they just patch in big crates 1 week ago or so? That is a LOT of missions to have acquired 1k crates already.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Big crates have always been in, if you had a level 3 salvage yard. They patched in those shitty bags on lower level missions.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Didn't they just patch in big crates 1 week ago or so? That is a LOT of missions to have acquired 1k crates already.
What they patched was you only get crates on mission success, lvl 100+ missions always grant on success, 95-99 have a chance and 90-94 are small bags.

Before that, all missions had a chance to give a big crate, regardless of success if you had a lvl 3 salvage yard.

xmod2_sl

shitlord
Just gotten the achievements to unlock level 3 blueprints. Any idea what should I upgrade to level 3?
This is only for the general level 3 buildings (professions). In order to upgrade to Salvage Yard 3 you'll still need to complete the 'Salvaging Pays Off' achievement, which is something like process 100 salvage crates.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Look for the spy glass icon those are your patrol missions. It shows up on the left side of the mission selection list.

Bruman

Golden Squire
What's this weekly campaign quest I'm supposed to be getting? I don't remember anything from last week (just hit 100 the week before that).