[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Small trick: Rather than leaving your post empty, buy for 30GR the items required, then put them back on the post for 30GR back. You get a +1 work order count for the achieve if needed, and a chance of apexis shards.
Well, that was somehow hotfixed. Plants now cost 50GR, dust/fur/hide 40, and ore 30. Which means the rotating trick only works for ore... which you usually have several 200 stacks banked anyway. Damn.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Did they change something with the mine? I mined it a few hours before daily reset last night, and then my DK's rank 3 was completely empty the first time I logged in today. Basically the same thing I've done every other day, and it's never happened before.
They hotfixed the carts to yield more archeo/spirits, and less ore (if I read the notes right).

Malkav

French Madman
A quick check on counters needed on rare missions that reward "useful stuff" (i.e. legendary stones, epic items, raid loot) from wowhead.

Deadly Minions: 35
Timed Battle: 32
Wild Aggro: 29
Massive Strike: 29
Danger Zone: 29
Powerful Spell: 28
Group Damage: 26
Minion Swarms: 20
Magic Debuff: 16

That list should be useful in helping to determine what followers should be more important to gear than others, and which one might be a candidate for rerolling if you get a reroll mission. Note that the really important missions (legendary stones/highmaul raids) all require 6 counters with 3 followers allowed, so you'll need the right mix of epic followers to maximize your chances (and yes, a Timed Battle/Deadly Minion follower is probably the best follower you're ever going to get). All raid missions have wildly different mixes (depending on which highmaul boss is present), so you're probably never going to have every mission at 100%. Mission Planner is your best friend (that and a level 3 barracks for 24 max level followers and one token mascot with Magic Debuff)
Any important mission with 2 timed battle to counter?

Because, you know, with my luck, I leveled my timed battle follower to epic and he got.....a second timed battle counter...GAH.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Any important mission with 2 timed battle to counter?
4 different Highmaul raids (25% of the raids, there's 16 different raid combinations of bosses), epic 645 neck loot mission, 645 equip follower token mission, 630 trinket and 630 neck loot missions. There might be a perfect combination of followers that will allow you to counter every single important mission, but you're always going to get screwed on some.

Funny that you can get 2 counters for the same threat on a follower. Almost sounds like a bug.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They hotfixed the carts to yield more archeo/spirits, and less ore (if I read the notes right).
Where's the hotfix to make the rank 3 garden worth a damn? Six plants for an average of about 20 herbs and 12 seeds is ridiculous compared to the mine. Those 21 work orders really come in handy when you can do maybe 5 every 2 days, yessir.

Malkav

French Madman
4 different Highmaul raids (25% of the raids, there's 16 different raid combinations of bosses), epic 645 neck loot mission, 645 equip follower token mission, 630 trinket and 630 neck loot missions. There might be a perfect combination of followers that will allow you to counter every single important mission, but you're always going to get screwed on some.

Funny that you can get 2 counters for the same threat on a follower. Almost sounds like a bug.
Well, it least she'll be somewhat useful.

And yes, I was like "ooooh, new ability!....What the fuck?"

It's the same counter, but a different ability.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Where's the hotfix to make the rank 3 garden worth a damn? Six plants for an average of about 20 herbs and 12 seeds is ridiculous compared to the mine. Those 21 work orders really come in handy when you can do maybe 5 every 2 days, yessir.
At least with a rank 3, you'll probably get enough WO to run a full day's production. With rank 2, you can't have 24 of production running (while the mine's queue is full).

Well, at least you might get one additional primal spirit every 2 or 3 days?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Well, it least she'll be somewhat useful.
The Highmaul raids are the only mission where you need 6 counters with 3 followers (meaning you pray for the right combo to come up). The Elemental Runes missions are 5 threats/3 follower ones, which are only barely easier to make (and somehow the 615 robe mission, which sounds like a bug). All other missions are 4 threats (ilvl 630 missions) or 3 threats (ilvl 615 missions) which should not be a problem. Mostly.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I've definitely gotten a few 3 follower missions that needs a double counter of some sort. That follower should be perfectly fine.

Needless

Toe Sucker
they need actual follower raids man, i want 10 man follower missions that award 665 follower gear n shit.
I want an app for this too.
I want this to be its own game that i can play when im pooping.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So from everything so far, it appears trading posts >>>> lumber mill pound for pound. Trading post seems to have roughly the same output, more perks and you can shuffle GR between characters using it to some degree.

Am I missing something? I guess it's a time vs money argument, but at level 3 when you can hope for a dirt cheap ore work order for basically three free days of GR occasionally, and timber is kind of a pain to collect sometimes.

Falken_sl

shitlord
Hey everybody! I am thinking about finally hitting up WoD, and the follower part of it really appeals to me. I have done a little research about the buildings, but I was looking for some solid resources and advice from those of you who have been going hard on this aspect. Anything would be helpful as I am likely going to start up today!

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When Lumber Mill was supposed to produce 40GR/4HR with Phylarc, it had a reason to exist. At 30GR/4HR with Phylarc, it's kind of dumb.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trading Post was originally supposed to be 20GR/4hr too. Or at least that's what every guide I read back in Sept. or so claimed it produced.

At least with a rank 3, you'll probably get enough WO to run a full day's production. With rank 2, you can't have 24 of production running (while the mine's queue is full).

Well, at least you might get one additional primal spirit every 2 or 3 days?
Yeah, it basically works out to 15 nodes a day, at 3-4 herbs and 1-3 seeds each for a total of about 60 herbs (counting the 0-2 podlings a day) and 30 seeds. Amusingly, the rank 3 upgrade adds six nodes but disables one of the old ones because the world would apparently end if people were allowed a 16th node.

The mine has been massively nerfed since release so I guess things aren't too out of whack now. You get about 15 mining nodes now, and mine carts have been drastically reduced to approximately one cart per wing in my experience over the last few days. Ore will continue to be completely worthless though, that ship is long since sailed due to the initial oversupply and the fact that no ore-based tradeskill uses more than a small, fixed amount per day. Hell, you can't even powerlevel any of the skills to 700 because every recipe that uses shit that isn't from the daily CD or work orders is grey almost immediately past 600 (640 for engr is the highest I'm aware of).

Malkav

French Madman
Meh, still running both until I get all my other shit to lvl3.

Then I'll scrap one or the other, or both.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Trading post is one of the buildings that never loses it's value, since far down the road, when you have lots of resources left over with nothing to spend them on, it lets you convert them into tradeskill materials to sell, or use in consumables, etc etc. At rank 3, it also gives an account wide +20% reputation bonus, which I'm sure will come in handy when they patch in more content (and reps) in 6.1+

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What's the earliest you can get the Dwarf war mill? 92?
Yes 91-92. At least for Alliance the breadcrumbs kind of imply you should continue East from Embraar - but if you follow the Velen quest south you can immediately go back and upgrade to L2 town hall and get the bunker.