Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider

Anyone tried this out? I just watched a video on it that Rhykker did. It looks rather ambitious.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have it, but it's a bit buggy and the quality of life stuff is still being worked on. I haven't really played much of it because of that, though

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Spent some time researching this game. Looks like PoE inside of the D3 engine, which is something that I am very excited about. But it is all about execution; I'm not sure the $20 price tag is enough money to execute it properly. Very ambitious game; probably should have charged $30-40. Haven't found any information regarding any plans for MTX.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its been on my radar, and wishlist.

but all the steam reviews basically say, "great promise, but its not ready yet." So, I have not bitten, yet.

Raign

Golden Squire
I picked it up. It is still a little (well a lot) rough around the edges but definitely has a lot of potential. The skill 'wheel' is amazing, the ability to mix and match to build your own class is even better than Grim Dawns, which is saying something, and the game is definitely the best looking arpg to date. That said, the animation and movement is still hitchey as hell, often locking up all together, the monster path-finding is bad enough as to basically be considered not even there and many of the skills and key features they talked about in their kickstarter from a year or so back (was called Umbra or something like that then) are still just road-map items.

Overall though, definitely enough there to make it worth watching.. with another 9-12 months of development it could easily be an amazing arpg.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I played it not long after they released it. It was extremely rough, returned it after 45 minutes or so, but I still watch it. I'm totally down if they get it polished some day, the graphics and ideas are great.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
any word on when multiplayer is being added? me and a buddy wanna pick this up, ty bros!

Caliane

yeah. I grabbed a month ago or so as well. not worth it. I was not super impressed. and what even was decent was massively unfinished.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looks like Technical Beta started today. Have to opt in via the properties on your installed game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I grabbed it and tried it briefly. It's about the dumbest complaint one can have, but it might take me a bit to get used to the walking animation? Just feels a tick off/slow, like it's missing a frame or two and makes it feel a little more clunky than it should be.

Anyways, I like a lot of what I've ready recently, we'll see what they actually release.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I grabbed it and tried it briefly. It's about the dumbest complaint one can have, but it might take me a bit to get used to the walking animation? Just feels a tick off/slow, like it's missing a frame or two and makes it feel a little more clunky than it should be.

Anyways, I like a lot of what I've ready recently, we'll see what they actually release.

played till about lvl 8 with a buddy, we both happened to get the bow with +2 projectiles, was fun i like seeing low lvl uniques that change certain abilities to make the level grind more fun.

game should be decent upon release just depends if its gonna stand up to what POE has already created.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if wolcen studios can get their act together and put some stuff in concrete, i'd be all over this game. they CLEARLY have a lot of faith in the game, they renamed their studio after it. there's been a lot of pretty hefty changes throughout the early access process, and i'm not even talking about stuff like skills. i'm talking about completely redoing the entire act 1 (the only part that's available to play) and how weapons even work.

there's a lot of really cool ideas in there, i LOVE their take on attacks, in that it's not just the same attack animation repeatedly. a fire staff will shoot out a projectile on the first attack and second attack, then shoot out 3 on the "combo finisher" but a lighting staff? the combo finisher ends with lifting the staff out and calling down an aoe lightning storm. there's some really cool stuff i can't wait to play with, but they just keep reworking and reworking and reworking. i mean, like 10 years ago the game was some weird tech demo that they wanted to turn into a full game, but half way through they decided the infrastructure didn't support their vision so they had to redo the whole engine.

Caliane

They have the same shit attribute system of diablo, torchlight, etc.
the 4 basic attribute stats which are basically meaningless, as you pump your primary stat, and HP. (or hp, and primary stat only as far as needed.)
It really hurts build diversity, as your gear is just all +primary stat.

Poe is the only one that figured out how to do stats right.

Stats mostly on the passive tree. Not a separate per level increase.
Stats act as pathing to key passive nodes. And have a double primary purpose to act as gates to those key nodes, AND as gates to skillgems. which have high stat requirements.
The third purpose is actually much less important, as the actual passive gains from the stat. aka, you NEVER stack str to increase melee damage or hp. compared to a diablo, torchlight, grimdawn, wolcen, etc, where every class stats the HP stat..

• 1Like