Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finished the game, last boss was surprisingly easier than the previous two, assumed it'd be a lot fuckier but way less "one shots" spam.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I wrong in thinking that spreading out your stat points is worthless and just ends up making you weaker overall, because it seems in this game the higher lvl you are, the more stats are required to maintain what you had at a lower lvl. At lvl20 if you have 20% crit, you'll have less at lvl40 unless you put all your points in Ferocity. Once I noticed that, I respected all my points into Wisdom, and stuff dies far quicker now. Just need to redo my passive tree to take advantage of Ailments.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any of you guys have trouble with the game buffering attacks? Like you hold shift to force attacks and the next time you try to move the game makes a few attacks and then starts to move. It's really annoying when trying to get out of the way of ae's and charges.

Also, fuck that quest reward window.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Am I wrong in thinking that spreading out your stat points is worthless and just ends up making you weaker overall, because it seems in this game the higher lvl you are, the more stats are required to maintain what you had at a lower lvl. At lvl20 if you have 20% crit, you'll have less at lvl40 unless you put all your points in Ferocity. Once I noticed that, I respected all my points into Wisdom, and stuff dies far quicker now. Just need to redo my passive tree to take advantage of Ailments.
Well the idea behind ratings is that you need to keep investing into the stat as you lvl up to keep the same amount. Say at lvl 20 you have 70/30 split, at lvl 40 you need to be 70/30 if you want the same stats, can't just have the same amount you had at lvl 20.

You also lose damage if you spread yourself thin because you get less damage per point for secondary and tertiary stats, so if you have 3 stats at 33%, they'll still be ordered and you'll get say 3% dmg per point for primary, 2.9% for secondary and 2.8% for tertiary(not actual values but that's the idea) while if you had 95% in one stat(always get some stats on the side), you'd get a bunch more damage overall since the lower percentage are in much smaller values. It seems you'd want to dump everything into one stat with a secondary(toughness most likely) at 20-30% of the main stat or so to maximize damage %.

I'm not entirely clear if it's worth it not having toughness be the primary on everything though, the gains from dumping points into other stuff feels kinda limited and having a big hp pool is always good.

Fucker

Log Wizard

Put most of them into your primary stat and a bit into the secondary. I respecced into affliction with Liver Mortis pet and it made the game vastly easier.

Caliane

its .5 for primary, .4 for secondary, .3 for third, and .2 for tertiary, per 1 point of attribute.
So a 10% damage penalty for a second stat. Although, for crit or attack/cast speed this is probably well worth it, thus an overall dps increase at 50/50.
a 20% damage penalty for 3rd stat. a larger hit, and now asking of attack/cast speed after having gotten crit is worth it? or vice versa.

how does %Inc damage add or multiply into other sources of %increased damage? I forgot, but this is an important question. I THINK it adds. so, the value of attribute % damage is then dramatically reduced as you collect other sources of it on skills, gear, passives.

so we are kindof back to the basics. Toughness till you don't die in 1 hit, and can leech/regen etc enough, and the resist into crit or attack/cast speed. (maybe ailments..)

I like their movespeed, block, or health regen on armor system. this was updated from beta.. (still hate forceshield..)

some addendum on ailments and flat added damage. It looks like at least SOME added damage, scales with "increased damage" runes/mods on skills now. may not be 100%. Added damage is still not modified by spell/attack speed. So, like my bulwark of dawn which is modded to deal periodic aoe sacred damage. it has a base of 8-10 sacred damage per...? idk. .2 or .3s it doesnt say, and seems to proc many times per second..
but then I also have +15-30 of ice/fire/aether added damage. so bulwark does 23-40 every .2 or .3seconds..
While, again tear of eth, which hits once for 200-250, just does 215-280, with a 4s cd.. (the mod that makes it deal periodic damage might be a huge dps increase)
so again a reminder, added damage is really strong, and scales really well with fast multi-hit skills. slow 1 hit skills are garbage in the game.

Ailments scale independently of base skill damage, and most %damage increases, including attributes. someone on reddit claimed they do scale with %damage on gear, but Im not sure on that. There is a new stat for %ailment damage. And ailment cap is even higher now as well with 3rd circle.
Ailments scale with level. and in beta we were capped at level 20. its possibly level 50 ailments scale better then level 20 ones did. But, there is still the problem of we stop at level 50, while end game is running +20 level maps.
Timeweaver might make stasis a viable alternative to crit, while also packing its slow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does the game consider Annihilation a damage over time, or a really fast direct damage? I'm thinking of dropping it as my RMB skill since with my changes to pure Wisdom and ailment-based passives, the damage of Tear of Eth (rain of stalactites) and Anomaly (lightning) are so ridiculous.

Caliane

you might want thunderstrike as your RMB no cooldown skill.
im not sure if there is any "damage over time"passive? that makes damage over time vs periodic damage ticks relevent. iirc, annihilation was every .4s. others may not be the same.

Anomaly is pretty great. and swapping to lightning, while also having the "enemies take more ailment damage while in the aoe" might be pretty nasty indeed.
swap tear of Eth to Fire, and have IT dealing burning damage as well.

Anomaly, bulwark atm are my main aoe. I toyed with tear, but its not high enough for the swap to periodic damage yet. Solar flare or whatever its called too. delay on cast is so much on that though.. Im using annihilation as my zero CD skill though. smashing pots, killing randos. Still strong single target as well. I am looking at scaling it with timeweaver.

Thunder strike for more ailment dots might be what you want though.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Online been down all day, but I do like the game. I'm fine with the idea of ironing out some bugs if the core gameplay and graphics are fun. Which they are.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Online been down all day, but I do like the game. I'm fine with the idea of ironing out some bugs if the core gameplay and graphics are fun. Which they are.

Yea they have been doing server maintenance for 17+ hours now

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does the game consider Annihilation a damage over time, or a really fast direct damage? I'm thinking of dropping it as my RMB skill since with my changes to pure Wisdom and ailment-based passives, the damage of Tear of Eth (rain of stalactites) and Anomaly (lightning) are so ridiculous.
You could use Parasite if you want a channel, it has a god awful cast time but once it starts going it does good damage, applies poison(a damage ailment so that's nice) and it drains life so you get healed a bunch. On my summoner playthrough it did a lot of work without really much supporting it, just don't take the mod that slows down the ticks but increases damage by 100%, it's additive AND the slow is like way worse than double anyway so you actually do no damage with it it's horrible.

Ailments are really good damage though once you have all the ailment passives. You can apply 2 ailments per skill(so if you have say fire damage as your highest secondary damage, you'll apply burn on top of your main, adding a bunch of damage), then you get 3 stacks per application, and you can get a 100% chance to double that so you get 6 stacks per application. If you have fast hitting skills you can stack up that shit really high and it ticks for good damage. My summoner was mostly doing damage via poison stacking, since pets kinda don't do that much.

And I assume annihilation is direct damage, only ailments are considered "dots", I assume at least. So anything scaling ailment only works on burn/shock/poison etc, and everything else is direct damage.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

i feel the same way. bottom line is it FEELS good. it's obviously not perfect and i think it needs a lot more explanation of what does what, and clearly the online servers are a mess BUT i also know that wolcen studios (they named themselves after the game they were making) is like 20 people. they may have expanded recently but for the first chunk of development there was only like 8 people working on the game. they made a big announcement a year or so ago that they were expanding to ~20.

when a company like blizzard releases a game and nothing works, you have to wonder how so many people can fail collectively. when a company with a handful of people release a game and there are problems at launch (but is otherwise a fun game) you have to give them some leniency. and we're also not talking a company like bioware, where once a game releases they shift everyone to another project like lemmings and only leave a skeleton crew to turn the lights on in the morning.

some people might know the story, but this game has undergone like 4 different iterations. they keep the basic ideas, but when the things they implement aren't fun like they wanted them to be, or can't be implemented in the ways they want, they just scrap the whole system and start again. on one hand it's incredibly inefficient, on the other hand it shows that this project is an absolute labor of love. they aren't making it to fill a bottom line. maybe it's just wishful thinking, but i think that because of that it's evidence that they will continue to support it post-launch. obviously i want it to work online so i can play with some friends, but i'm happy that they are working on it. the devs are pretty active on discord. they posted like 10 updates yesterday with the online server stuff. clearly it didn't work out like they were hoping, but they didn't just say "we're looking into it, it'll be up when it's done."

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The boss fights are pretty stupid. Kill it, nope, fight again, kill it, nope, fight again, kill it, nope, fight again, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Game itself looks cool. Borrowed a little too much from Diablo 3's style then threw sockets on the items which is meh.

Graphics and mechanics looks solid.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'll check this out but I'm not going to pay $40 for it if that server shit is any indication.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lol have fun with your game that's going to be in the red with reviews on steam